View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-HTP and San Pedro

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
Anyone have experience mixing 5-HTP and San Pedro (or anything with mescaline)?

Did it potentiate your experience?
If so, can you estimate how much stronger it was?

Did it qualitatively affect your experience?
If so, in what way (i.e. how did the experience change because of the 5-HTP?)

Thanks in advance for any information you have.

5-HTP isn't actually an MAOI, so it wouldn't be the same as mixing Syrian Rue with San Pedro.

If you want to get any benefit out of the experience using the nootropic. You would have to take about 200mg of 5-HTP for about 4 days and then on the fifth day you would take the San Pedro. You might notice something, you might not. I'm sure it will give you a positive outlook on the experience though, you should see some sort of benefit in doing it.

It's very hard to potentiate psychedelics with OTC Supplements. Other than Piracetam, Aniracetam, and Phenibut; I really haven't found any nootropic that alters my psychedelic experiences substantially.

I'm willing to bet someone on here has experience with 5-HTP and San Pedro, probably because they're on a 5-HTP regime already.

I'm willing to bet someone on here has experience with 5-HTP and San Pedro, probably because they're on a 5-HTP regime already.

You're right! =D

IME 5-HTP is no good before trips. I find it makes the experience more "toned down" and cloudy. It basically makes me feel like I'm tripping but there isn't any major ecstatic euphoria or shinyness to it. It's just really bleh...

It's good to take the 5-HTP after a trip but I'd recommend to not use it for at least 1 day before your trip.

Preloading for 3-7 days on increasingly high doses of Melatonin may potentiate San Pedro for you guys. The Melatonin trick certainly potentiated the hell out of 2C-E for me on numerous occasions. It made 2C-E a lot more visual, euphoria, insightful, long lasting (made a snorted dose have a duration a lot closer to an oral dose).

What I'd do is the 1st night take maybe 6 mg Melatonin and then slowly increase my dose of Melatonin each night by 3-6 mg working my way up to 21-24 mg Melatonin the night before I'd dose on 2C-E. I had a massive tolerance to 2C-E at the time yet the Melatonin preloading seemed to reverse this tolerance a lot.

I don't expect anyone will believe me as I've recommended Melatonin preloading to potentiate 5HT2A Phenethylamine Psychedelics numerous times and always been dismissed with skepticisim and snickers. Don't knock it till you try it...

I'd imagine high dose Piracetam or Moclobemide (an MAO-a) preloading could potentiate Mescaline too. If you're going to use an MAO-a preloader with Mescaline also preloading on Cacao Nibs might cause a further potentiation I'd imagine. Does Selegiline preloading boost Mescaline at all?

Does Selegiline preloading boost Mescaline at all?

Quote:

Psychedelic phenethylamines (eg, Mescaline, 2c-b, DOB):

Unfortunately, the data here, even anecdotal, is woefully sparse and markedly conflicting. Of the few reports that I've seen, some people report success, where psychedelic effects are potentiated, even on the level of 4x, along with increased duration, but cardiovascular side-effects remain as they were in selegiline's absence. Others report the precise converse, where selegiline potentiates cardiovascular side-effects to an alarming degree, rarely with an increase in proper delusions, but sans increased psychedelia. My opinion is that this combination presents too great of dangers, but perhaps those less cautious could experiment, again retaining selectivity for MAOB and beginning with Shulgin-esque micro-doses.

14-10-2009 - Selegiline/Deprenyl and Stimulants FAQ from ebola? and nuke