• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

5-HTP and Dextroamphetamine

andreas

Bluelighter
Any one got any new info on this mix, someone asked in the Aus drug discussion and I cant find to much info.I have been through google and old bluelight archives. Sorry if this don't really fit into ADD feel free to move...Also I use 5-HTP as a sleep aid and tripped on it once, both open and closed eye visuals of swirling shapes...am I alone on this

Last edited:
Any one got any new info on this mix, someone asked in the Aus drug discussion and I cant find to much info.I have been through google and old bluelight archives. Sorry if this don't really fit into ADD feel free to move...Also I use 5-HTP as a sleep aid and tripped on it once, both open and closed eye visuals of swirling shapes...am I alone on this

Should be just fine as amphetamine is largely an NE/DA releaser and has little if any effects on SE. As for 5-HTP making you trip out, 1 gram of 5-HTP made me trip a lil and 20 grams of L-Tryptophan made me trip out too. So to answer your question, no you're not alone.

yeah I thought as much, but someone was told that 5-HTP counteracts the dexies. Apparently this person worked in the pharmacy or something... I'll have to ask more questions and get more info... I tripped on 100mg so I must have a super sensitive system...thanks for the reply

I have quit taking 5-htp due to all the talk of cardiac fibrosis.....

shit never heard that one...could be true, could be more government crap

^Has it been proven? Are the enzymes that convert 5htp to serotonin also in the heart or blood, as well as the brain?

5-HTP is a precursor to serotonin and it isused to replenish serotonin in the body, the exess 5-HTP is excreted from the body beause it imply doesnt need it. So no risk of serotonin syndrome.
If taken in regular amounts it is actually healthy, and its very useful when u need to replenish ur neuroransmiters after heay amphetaminic use.
So most probably tking 5-Htp prior to use of amphetamine would increase the drugs serotonergic effects.
The only unplesant side effect of high doses of 5-HTP (~100mg) is a slight nausea ut i've nevr herd nor read any aricle regarding negaivehealth effects of 5-hhtp absumpion.

^Has it been proven? Are the enzymes that convert 5htp to serotonin also in the heart or blood, as well as the brain?

For hat i know most slmost 80% of the injedted trypophan and5-HTp i converted into serotonininth gut sn normlly ittays there. Only a small perentage ofthe substance is conveted nthe brain

I'd imagine this combo would feel more like methamphetamine, that is with minimal 5-HTP tolerance, maybe if more were taken it would be similar to a "speedy hallucinogen".

I take 100mg of 5-HTP and 50mg of propylamphetamine daily in the morning as part of a larger regimen to deal with depression and significant anergia. I dunno how much synergy there is in this particular combination but the combination is nice.

5-HTP is a precursor to serotonin and it isused to replenish serotonin in the body, the exess 5-HTP is excreted from the body beause it imply doesnt need it. So no risk of serotonin syndrome.
If taken in regular amounts it is actually healthy, and its very useful when u need to replenish ur neuroransmiters after heay amphetaminic use.
So most probably tking 5-Htp prior to use of amphetamine would increase the drugs serotonergic effects.
The only unplesant side effect of high doses of 5-HTP (~100mg) is a slight nausea ut i've nevr herd nor read any aricle regarding negaivehealth effects of 5-hhtp absumpion.

It does NOT replenish serotonin how you think. The serotonin that's synthesized from it is immediately released, so it's more of a drug that comes with the usual dependance and tolerance. Only basic amino acids like tryptophan should be used for replenishing neurotransmitters. Plus theirs the risk of cardiac fibrosis from regular use of 5-HTP because of the binding to 5-HT2B receptor which regulates heart functions.

I take 100mg of 5-HTP and 50mg of propylamphetamine daily in the morning as part of a larger regimen to deal with depression and significant anergia. I dunno how much synergy there is in this particular combination but the combination is nice.

So I hear that propylamphetamine is good stuff huh? :)

5-htp never did much for me, and l-tryptophan gave me high anxiety after taking it..weird.

Ok... I don't understand how you can have such perfectly comprehensible posts whilst simultaneously having such terrible spelling/typing skills. Either I or you have taken too much DOI.

Re propylamphetamine.. I have no fucking idea how any normal person would get a hold of this substance.. damn you non-normal people with your ability to synthesize whatever molecules you wish to ingest.. damn you!!!

hey guys I'v been taking the 5-htp on and off for a while now bout three month coz it helps me sleep, well here are the side effects so far

GOOD:better sleep, less suicidal thoughts, general positive increase in mood...
BAD: nausea,servere anxiety (yesterday was a fucking head mess), dizzy spells, hot flushes,cloudy thoughts

I am going to keep a few and run them through my HPLC, I think they could have some other chems in them as I really feel like a re-dose.

needless to say I wont be taking them anymore. Dose was 50-100 mg

oh yeah don't consume too much caffine for some reason it really didn't mix

"I suffer from a very sexy disease.. tell them what its called, Kiff"

"Ehhhh. Sexlexia.'

"I was previously under the impression that those individuals with language dyslexia and non-comprehensible

Really good cause tough keep fighting!"

EDIT: What was I smoking.. "really good cause tough keep fighting!". Last time I mix MDMA and mary jane.

Last edited:
I feel this really doesn't belong in ADD, I posted it here coz ADD would have been the best place to get advanced info on the interaction of 5-htp and dex...MODS feel free to move to BDD

"I suffer from a very sexy disease.. tell them what its called, Kiff"

"Ehhhh. Sexlexia.'

I was previously under the impression that those individuals with language dyslexia and non-comprehensible

Really good cause tough keep fighting!

I put the sex in dyslexia

would use of vitamin b6 reduce risk of cystic fibrosis while taking 5htp?