• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

5-APB vs 5-MAPB

Inds

Bluelighter
Anyone care to share to experiences? I am curious what the difference is. From all the trip reports I read, 6-APB feels like MDA while 5-APB feels something like MDE. Does the M in 5-MAPB mean the product is methylated and gives a faster rush or something?

My opinion based on the few trials. 6-APB and 5-EAPB are nice serotenergics. 5-APB and 5-MAPB are less desireable.

5-APB I have no opinion on. But 5-MAPB was like nasty greasy.

I came across a post where an author claims that "5-MAPB is very hard on the heart and will leave you with permanent heart issues if you abuse it." I assume that the author is alluding to valvular heart disease. I was under the impression that out of all of the benzofurans and MDXX, 5-MAPB was near the bottom in dopamine receptor affinity responsible for this condition. Is the author mistaking or is there more to it?

I came across a post where an author claims that "5-MAPB is very hard on the heart and will leave you with permanent heart issues if you abuse it." I assume that the author is alluding to valvular heart disease. I was under the impression that out of all of the benzofurans and MDXX, 5-MAPB was near the bottom in dopamine receptor affinity responsible for this condition. Is the author mistaking or is there more to it?
I think it is about affinity to 5ht2-receptors. Can't remember which one.

5-ht2b. And yes 5-MAPB is the least affinity among 6-APB, 5-APB, 6-MAPB and itself.

I’ve used 5-MAPB semi-regularly since 2014, maybe 2-3 times a year always mixed with MDMA. I’ve gotten my heart checked fairly recently and everything seems to be looking good.

5-ht2b heart problems arise after long stints of repeated use. There are reports of people having issues with seemingly low level of use, but only one story where someone felt symptoms obviously associated with the use. He was eating it daily for a year or two.

-GC

i thought this would only hold true for the cathinones, as the N- substituent doesnt almost not matter when it comes to potency since pentedrone, nep and nipp are almost equipotent. there is a defenitive difference between amphetamine and methamphetamine (resp. 2-fa and 2-fma) as in the nor version is much more potent. with 5apb through 5mapb up to 5eapb there seems to be not really a decrease in pontency and i bet you couldnt distinguish them in a blind test.

“I was laying naked on my bed with the ceiling fan blowing on me and I was so high that from the wind blowing across my nipples I actually had an orgasm.”

I really hope I experience this some day…

-GC

US patent 7045545
Eli Lilly and Co
Aminoalkylbenzofurans as serotonin (5-HT(2c)) agonists

Please don't confuse a personal experience with an overarching statement concerning a drug you may or indeed may not have ever taken, depending on how dishonsest the dealer is.

ALL of the MAPB drugs were produced as the result of poor communication. The Israeli chemist asked in a manner that had to be understandable to the Chinese manufacturers. He included a statement on reduction (actually reductive amination) and the Chinese took this to mean the reduction of the benzofuran system to the matching dihydrobenzofuran.

A sample was sent to the Dutch guy who did the marketing who said he liked it but wasn't... THAT impressed.

The error was tracked down but since they now had 4 products instead of 1, they sold them all. When the primary amine was banned, they made the N-methyl, when that was banned the N-ethyl.

By now, the 2 guys who sold this class of compound as 'Benzo-Fury' are out of the picture. Chinese companies offer the drug as a price lower than Benzo-Fury could obtain it for.