• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

4mmc turned from crystal to black oil - safe?

rainey

Bluelighter
I had some 4mmc stored. When I bought it about 4 years ago it was very sticky but in storage it has turned to a black oil like substance. It still stinks of burnt out circuits.

I left it in a bowl in the open air and about 70% of it has formed back into crystal.

Do you think it will be safe to consume lol?

I had some 4mmc stored. When I bought it about 4 years ago it was very sticky but in storage it has turned to a black oil like substance. It still stinks of burnt out circuits.

I left it in a bowl in the open air and about 70% of it has formed back into crystal.

Do you think it will be safe to consume lol?

Hmmmm, probably. I can't see how it could have converted into anything more toxic than the original substance (provided it's not contaminated with some harmful mold or something).

I’d personally try some form of purification, it’s possible some leftover impurities degraded the 4mmc over the years. How hot did it get around this storage area?

Black oily substance sounds pretty nasty.

-GC

Sounds weird. I'd probably wash it, it's really easy to do.

The only time i consumed a solution that turned black was cuz I knew it was 4-AcO-DMT I had analyzed in a lab and I made the said solution and knocked it behind a dresser to be found a year later and be consumed. It was mixed with DOx and I mostly felt that but it kicked in pretty fast so I'm sure the AcO was still active to some degree. This was in vodka tho just a bag of powder going black that is supposed to be 4-MMC is kinda sketch. Tryptamines solutions are expected to change that color I don't think the same is so with Cathinones especially stored dry but I could be wrong...

One time, 1998 Outdoor Summer UK Helter Skelter festival, I took 4 grams of some really good, but suspected posdibly "off", old fashioned Speed.

Plus about 9 good e's.

I got pig sick from the amphetamine.

There may be a case that certain drugs are much more stable, non degrading over time, others needing freezing and more attention.

acetone wash might help... no data for 4-MMC but plain methcathinone.hcl is only "very slightly soluble" in acetone

Hmmmm, probably. I can't see how it could have converted into anything more toxic than the original substance (provided it's not contaminated with some harmful mold or something).

I am just confirming that I've seen this and I think a safe answer to it is probably a pretty important issue, but my knowledge regarding stimulants isn't nearly what my depressant knowledge is and my knowledge regarding research chemicals is even poorer. Like Negrogesic says, I think it's unlikely that your drugs have become something more dangerous than they were to begin with, but we wouldn't actually know this unless you had your stuff tested professionally so we're kind of left guessing.

Maybe sur is 4-Methylcathinone and not 4-MMC? Cath tends to turn on its own , ask sekio

It was stored same as all stuff in a grip seal bag and in a cold place. It doesn't look "nasty" lol its a really lovely smooth and looks the same as hash oil. I bought it as 3mmc but the person was also selling 4mmc and from the smell and the fact that it stayed on your person stinking for days made me convinced he had sent the 4mmc. It was like very very sticky sugar like crystals and through time it just became more and more "liquidy" until I had to literally tear open the poly bags and scape it out into a bowl/

Took some photos...it's actually brown not black. The lumps are where it re-crystalized. It's definately 4mmc it has the burnt out circuit smell which is mentioned on wikpedia. Not chinese quality but a really nice smooth buzz from it when I bought it about 4 years ago.

To wash it do I just dissolve it in acetone then let the acetone evaporate? Or is there more to it?

Thanks for your thoughts and advice folks!

Last edited:
It was stored same as all stuff in a grip seal bag and in a cold place. It doesn't look "nasty" lol its a really lovely smooth and looks the same as hash oil. I bought it as 3mmc but the person was also selling 4mmc and from the smell and the fact that it stayed on your person stinking for days made me convinced he had sent the 4mmc. It was like very very sticky sugar like crystals and through time it just became more and more "liquidy" until I had to literally tear open the poly bags and scape it out into a bowl/

Took some photos...it's actually brown not black. The lumps are where it re-crystalized. It's definately 4mmc it has the burnt out circuit smell which is mentioned on wikpedia. Not chinese quality but a really nice smooth buzz from it when I bought it about 4 years ago.

To wash it do I just dissolve it in acetone then let the acetone evaporate? Or is there more to it?

Thanks for your thoughts and advice folks!

I would not in a million years eat that. That stink you speak of was likely the result of impurities leftover, that’s not an inherent feature of all 4-mmc far as I’m aware.

I’d acetone wash it at the very least. But Id personally bin it.

-GC

@rainey gotta say I agree with g_chem here.
That looks fucked pal.
Be interested to see what it came like after a wash, iirc - yeah, just dissolve it in anhydrous acetone. I think the anhydrous bit is very important, it is with cociane, I'm not 100% on if it is not with cathinones.
I'm sure theres info out there, if someone doesn't chip in.

That is a weirrrd as fuck reaction/transformation there, looks like marmite or bitumen, lol