• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

4mmc safety

Gregor_Stewart

Greenlighter
I have been using 4mmc on average every 2-3 weeks almost always intranasally. Pretty much from the get go i have used it as a party aid because nights out are ridiculously fun with it and quite boring without. I almost always drink alcohol while using it but have cut back how much i drink now with it. How much am i fucking my health up with this stuff? Id say i typically go through around 0.4-0.8g during a session and have never done an all nighter with the stuff. I always end up putting the bag away at the end of the night but ofc when the party is in full swing its almost impossible to stop. I worry that im shaving decades off my life using this stuff but when i communicate with pretty heavy users of this stuff many of them have been using since 09/10 back in the pre ban days and many are still going strong some with families and often seem unfased with their usage.

Really im wondering is this stuff going to put me in an early grave by using it the way i am? Iv been using it like this for about a year and a half now. Cheers guys. Any discussion of 4mmc is welcome here too.

Also its my first post so if i havent went the right way about this let me know. Long time lurker

I have been using 4mmc on average every 2-3 weeks almost always intranasally. Pretty much from the get go i have used it as a party aid because nights out are ridiculously fun with it and quite boring without. I almost always drink alcohol while using it but have cut back how much i drink now with it. How much am i fucking my health up with this stuff? Id say i typically go through around 0.4-0.8g during a session and have never done an all nighter with the stuff. I always end up putting the bag away at the end of the night but ofc when the party is in full swing its almost impossible to stop. I worry that im shaving decades off my life using this stuff but when i communicate with pretty heavy users of this stuff many of them have been using since 09/10 back in the pre ban days and many are still going strong some with families and often seem unfased with their usage.

Really im wondering is this stuff going to put me in an early grave by using it the way i am? Iv been using it like this for about a year and a half now. Cheers guys. Any discussion of 4mmc is welcome here too.

Also its my first post so if i havent went the right way about this let me know. Long time lurker
No, you're not shaving decades off your life.

In fact, they had to give massive doses of meow meow to rats to instigate any type of damage (subcutaneous injections of 25 mg per kilogram twice a day for 3 days - that equates to a couple of grams a day. 3 days in a row)

Even at the 0.4 to 0.8 g throughout the course of an evening that you talk about taking, the data does not support that you're doing any damage to your brain at all.

Let me say that again, and even the study that I referenced says it in the conclusions:

THERE IS NO DATA TO SUPPORT NEUROTOXICITY IN HUMANS FROM RECREATIONAL DOSES OF 4-MMC

Now you ask the question, which means you have some reservations regarding your use of meow meow. If you're concerned, that means you think you may have a problem and if you think you may have a problem, you probably have a problem.

Maybe cut back a little bit.

Now on the other hand, if you're just looking for a reason not to worry about your use, well there you go: as of right now there's no data to support that you're doing any damage at all.

Me and my GF have been doing 4MMC less frequently than you every 4-6 weeks, but at much higher dosages, up to 3grams each over the span of 12 hours.
I'm 170lbs and my GF is weighs 90lbs.
We have had no discernible impact on our life other than having skipped a couple of meals and a night's sleep.
We have gone to work straight after a bender with no significant issues or impact on our work performance and honestly if I didn't know I had done 3 grams I wouldn't really be able to tell by how I feel.
We do not drink with it.
AFAIK there is no indication of 4mmc being neurotoxic or cardiotoxic, with cardiac events associated with it being acute (ie took too much, or took normal dose when in a weakened state, or took normal dose but had previous cardiac issues) and not caused by chronic abuse.

Obviously it is a black market drug so you may not get 4mmc but another cathinone when you score so you might want to either do a reagent test or send it to Energy Control.
I would warn you against using that much intranasally with that frequency, your nose is eventually going to suffer.

We have switched to ingesting some of my 4mmc orally also because we realised that after a few lines the efficacy was being reduced by the fact that our noses were producing so much mucus that we were not absorbing much.
Taking it orally and then doing a few small bumps here and there is a more reliable way of dosing, and also if you find the sweet spot for an oral dose it will be significantly less moreish than if you snort it.

I would recommend reducing or eliminating the alcohol and drinking Gatorade or other electrolyte drink during the experience as with all stims.
Only moments where is felt weird/bad is a couple of instances where I forgot to drink for a while so I got dehydrated, my blood pressure went low and my heart started beating superfast to compensate for the low BP.
Drank a some fluids and electrolytes and was ok in about 40 minutes, I don't know how bad it would've gotten if I didn't drink something right away but pretty sure it wasn't gonna be fun.

Me and my GF have been doing 4MMC less frequently than you every 4-6 weeks, but at much higher dosages, up to 3grams each over the span of 12 hours.
I'm 170lbs and my GF is weighs 90lbs.
We have had no discernible impact on our life other than having skipped a couple of meals and a night's sleep.
We have gone to work straight after a bender with no significant issues or impact on our work performance and honestly if I didn't know I had done 3 grams I wouldn't really be able to tell by how I feel.
We do not drink with it.
AFAIK there is no indication of 4mmc being neurotoxic or cardiotoxic, with cardiac events associated with it being acute (ie took too much, or took normal dose when in a weakened state, or took normal dose but had previous cardiac issues) and not caused by chronic abuse.

Obviously it is a black market drug so you may not get 4mmc but another cathinone when you score so you might want to either do a reagent test or send it to Energy Control.
I would warn you against using that much intranasally with that frequency, your nose is eventually going to suffer.

We have switched to ingesting some of my 4mmc orally also because we realised that after a few lines the efficacy was being reduced by the fact that our noses were producing so much mucus that we were not absorbing much.
Taking it orally and then doing a few small bumps here and there is a more reliable way of dosing, and also if you find the sweet spot for an oral dose it will be significantly less moreish than if you snort it.

I would recommend reducing or eliminating the alcohol and drinking Gatorade or other electrolyte drink during the experience as with all stims.
Only moments where is felt weird/bad is a couple of instances where I forgot to drink for a while so I got dehydrated, my blood pressure went low and my heart started beating superfast to compensate for the low BP.
Drank a some fluids and electrolytes and was ok in about 40 minutes, I don't know how bad it would've gotten if I didn't drink something right away but pretty sure it wasn't gonna be fun.

I definitely get 4mmc and not another cathinone. Im mainly worried about the cardiotoxicity behind the drug as my heart rate is usually very high when i take the drug

I haven't measured but it feels like around 150bpm and its this high after maybe 0.2g in a hour or so then remains high as i continue to use
Anything else that you may be doing that may increase your HR?

Alcohol but not to an excessive degree usually 4-5 drinks over maybe 4-6 hours
Only 0.2g of meow? from experience it's very moreish and I've always combined alc without any problems. It should go without saying tachycardia is expected as it is a stimulant, even when at a chill out let alone at a house party or in between the sheets

Only 0.2g of meow? from experience it's very moreish and I've always combined alc without any problems. It should go without saying tachycardia is expected as it is a stimulant, even when at a chill out let alone at a house party or in between the sheets
So im worried about the strain it could be putting on my heart

So im worried about the strain it could be putting on my heart
Any stimulant will increase HR regardless if you are sitting, lying down or even sleeping.

Eyeballing your bpm is new to me, unless you have a pulse or BP monitor you can't be precise.

I personally don't see meow elevating your HR more so than if you was running to catch a bus... and it's short acting...

As long as you are not getting any other cardiac side effects, and are generally fit I would not worry about it.

Strain on your heart, as it's similar to the effects of amphetamines I would assume it would have similar short and long term effects on the user

serotonin agents also increase risk of heart valve fibrillation-you probably need to do fair amount for that and 3 weeks might be enough to avoid that problem.

Any stimulant will increase HR regardless if you are sitting, lying down or even sleeping.

Eyeballing your bpm is new to me, unless you have a pulse or BP monitor you can't be precise.

I personally don't see meow elevating your HR more so than if you was running to catch a bus... and it's short acting...

As long as you are not getting any other cardiac side effects, and are generally fit I would not worry about it.

Strain on your heart, as it's similar to the effects of amphetamines I would assume it would have similar short and long term effects on the user
I mean i was asked my heart rate? I dont have a device that monitors my heart rate nor have i physically counted because that would just make me anxious. I have had a fitbit on before with amphetamine and it felt slower than with meph and was measuring my hr in the 130's

serotonin agents also increase risk of heart valve fibrillation-you probably need to do fair amount for that and 3 weeks might be enough to avoid that problem.
It's a very specific serotonin receptor affinity that you're talking about, not all serotonergic agents. And it also requires direct agonism of the cardiac 5HT2B receptors and or sustained large increases in circulating plasma serotonin levels.

It's the 5-HT2b receptor. The issue is either very high levels of circulating serotonin as opposed to increases in brain serotonin, or the actual compound agonizes the 5-HT2B receptor (as in MDA and MDMA).

Meow meow causes a very significant increase in BRAIN dopamine and serotonin. However, the levels drop very quickly (a Half-life less than a half an hour) as opposed to the 300 minutes Half-Life serotonin clearance for MDMA.

This is probably why it's more-ish, and also probably why you can redose all night long and still have euphoria.

The elimination half-life of 4-MMC is 2 hours.

While there have been reports of valvulopathy in heavy MDMA users, I've been unable to find actual corroborative data.

That being said, MDMA is unique because it actually agonizes the 5-HT2B receptor which is then induces serotonin release. In fact, this is required for many of the effects of MDMA. The 5-HT2B receptor in platelets is responsible for serotonin release into plasma and it is this action as well as direct agonism of cardiac 5-HT2b receptors that would likely be responsible for any valvulopathy.

I can't find any evidence that 4-MMC is an agonist at the 5-HT2B receptor.

All of that means It's really quite unlikely that meow meow is going to cause valvulopathy.

Serotonin release agents also run the risk of valvulopathy when chronically administered, this is the reason that fenfluramine was pulled as an obesity medication

That being said, occasional use of both 4mmc and MDMA are unlikely to cause valvulopathy. Chronic, regular use is a different story entirely and I can definitely see 4mmc causing valvulopathies if used on a daily-weekly basis

Provided that 4mmc has reduced BBB penetration due to the ketone oxygen it is reasonable to assume that the distribution will lean towards the peripheral side where it will act on SERT

Last edited:
Always feel shocked when I hear people say "no comedown from 4mmc"

If I took it (shudder) then it would probably be a 5/6 day almost-suicidal comedown, totally drained mentally and physically. Shocking nasty comedown form 1g. And yeah - was definitely 4mmc

Could just be too old for it now i guess and/or too many stims in the past. Will never touch it again that's for sure

Always feel shocked when I hear people say "no comedown from 4mmc"

If I took it (shudder) then it would probably be a 5/6 day almost-suicidal comedown, totally drained mentally and physically. Shocking nasty comedown form 1g. And yeah - was definitely 4mmc

Could just be too old for it now i guess and/or too many stims in the past. Will never touch it again that's for sure
It never gave me a comedown at the start but the past few months i typically feel pretty shitty for a few days. Some depression (which i have never had sober) and increased level of baseline anxiety. Still worth the buzz but if it gets worse then i could see myself distancing myself from the substance of taking it more occasionally perhaps. If thats possible lol

Serotonin release agents also run the risk of valvulopathy when chronically administered, this is the reason that fenfluramine was pulled as an obesity medication

That being said, occasional use of both 4mmc and MDMA are unlikely to cause valvulopathy. Chronic, regular use is a different story entirely and I can definitely see 4mmc causing valvulopathies if used on a daily-weekly basis
Is valvulopahthy easily recognised? Or would it require a chest x-ray, scan or blood test for a diagnosis?

It never gave me a comedown at the start but the past few months i typically feel pretty shitty for a few days. Some depression (which i have never had sober) and increased level of baseline anxiety. Still worth the buzz but if it gets worse then i could see myself distancing myself from the substance of taking it more occasionally perhaps. If thats possible lol
well the common experience with stims in general is that when the comedowns start to get worse they continue to get worse, until it's not worth the buzz at all - but only you know where you are on that seeming continuum