View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4c-DOx's

egor

Bluelighter
This came up in a thread on another (far smaller) forum I frequent and noone seems to have any info on them. The only time anyone has seen them is refferenced on an old Edot known psychoactives list. If I understand the chemistry correctly, 4c-dox's are 2,5 dimethoxy substituted aephetamines. This seems like a very interesting area to explore so if anyone has any please share it here. I see much promise in these substances and would really like to know more.

Yeah it's a region of stearic occlusion, you just lose activity by making that area of the molecule more bulky.
Even having a methyl there actually reduces the affinity for 5-HT2A - this is kinda counter-intuitive because the DOx's are more potent than the 2C-x's in terms of dose required, but this is actually because the DOX's don't suffer from the effects of metabolism as much, not because they bind at the target receptor better.

morninggloryseed said:
Probably inactive...the 4-C-DOM homologue is in PIHKAL and is not psychedelic.
4cdob was in the list of known psychoactives in the ethnogen review

After reading the said review in Automnal Equinox 2003 (page 94) I can say the following. The fella ingested 80mg of 4c-dob. He dissolved it in water and drank it.
his body weight is 75kg. after 15 minutes first allert. t+1hour real effects. peak at t+2hours to t+2.5hours.
Wrote his head is heavy, and so are his legs. Intense music inspired CEVs and after a short while good OEVs. t+4hours coming down, though t+9 hours he drank so coffe and effects returned somewhat.
Reports leg spasms and some teeth clenching but says it is enjoyable.
All in all sounds like a promising material....

the alpha position (which is the carbon next to the amine on the carbon chain) is attached to an ethyl group.
The attached picture is of a plain non substituted compound with alpha ethyl on the chain.

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 119
branflakes said:
Anyone care to explain the chemical makeup of these 4C's?

4c-dox's are 2,5 dimethoxy substituted aephetamines

Thanks for the visual mk-1:)

4C-D.bmp

4C-B.bmp

Last edited: