• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

4BRPVP, 3FPVP ?

Aeon Psyche

Bluelighter
Translate? sounds like stimulants to me but i get told they are closely related to MXE? Whut?

They're pyrovalerones. Not related to MXE. I'm gonna move this to Other Drugs. Don't know anything about them other than the "PVPs" are stimulants.

There have been a number of a-PVP analogues released with substitutions on the aromatic ring.
Heck, if you want to be technical, the original "pyrovalerone" that was used as a pharma drug in Europe during the 1970's was 4-Methyl-a-PVP.

Mostly, the hope in designing these analogues is that adding a single halogen won't change the pharmacology too much when compared to the parent drug... especially with fluorine, which is a pretty small atom, hence why the 3F-PVP or 4F-PVP might be somewhat close to their parent drug's pharmacology. 4-Br-PVP would presumably be the drug's 4-Bromo analogue (after all, the 4-Chloro analogue, 4-Cl-PVP has been around for a while now), although bromine is a fairly big atom, so the changes in pharmacology might be more substantial than with the 4-Fluoro substitution.

Now, the major issue with these compounds is that they may very well be even more unhealthy than regular a-PVP, especially when ingested by smoking them, as is commonly done. When heated to excessive temperatures, these compounds might undergo pyrolysis, releasing vapors of highly toxic HF or highly caustic HBr.

Seems like maybe shelving the 4BRa-PVP might be the safer route until some more info comes out. Most of the analytical testing is only available behind pricey paywalls unless you have student/ .edu access.

At least wait until some anecdotal reports start coming in. That would suck to have it turn out to be something like 4- Chloroamphetamine:

"...4-chloroamphetamine, which he found exerted a significant therapeutic effect and was tolerated excellently; not a single patient complained of side effects. Though Praag discontinued this work by the mid-’70s, 4-chloroamphetamine is still used widely today, not as an antidepressant but as a neurotoxin for selectively destroying serotonin-producing neurons in experimental animals. " Hamilton Morris

Chemical structures:

9VxlObo.png

I Posted a paper about Pyrovalerone analogs, 3F-PVP and 4BR-PVP are discussed in it: link to the paper

3F-PVP for the most part seems to have decent reviews (it's hard to know for sure since a lot of these people purchased from the Chinese, so mighty likely that some of the '3F-PVP' reviews might actually be about random cathinone floor sweepings instead)

4F-PVP was pretty meh when I tried it, so I don't have high expectations for this Br version. It just wasn't very potent or long lasting and never quite seemed to 'hit the spot' yet still invoked that insane redose drive that all these chems can cause. And it stunk of the chlorine/semen smell to high heaven when vaped, way more so then any other pyro I've tried.

@MDPV_Psychosis

See it exactly the same way.

Also attaching strong electronegative atoms like Chlorine of Fluorine make the molecule too polar to quickly pass the BBB anymore and so much of the reason why to take a pyro (strong rush) is gone.

I don't get why they continue to make substitutions on the ring, when there are known substitutions on the alpha-sidechain, which at least in-vitro showed even better effects than A-PVP (e.g. the cyclohexyl alpha-sidechain version had very promising values in-vitro).

3F-PVP for the most part seems to have decent reviews (it's hard to know for sure since a lot of these people purchased from the Chinese, so mighty likely that some of the '3F-PVP' reviews might actually be about random cathinone floor sweepings instead)

4F-PVP was pretty meh when I tried it, so I don't have high expectations for this Br version. It just wasn't very potent or long lasting and never quite seemed to 'hit the spot' yet still invoked that insane redose drive that all these chems can cause. And it stunk of the chlorine/semen smell to high heaven when vaped, way more so then any other pyro I've tried.
You should try 2-ME-PVP now sold in Sweden, a very nice substance i can say, i've been on it now for 2.5 months now, can't quit, but i feel good, and that's what counts, right? Weightloss 12 kilos in 6 weeks

I wish I could still use this class of chemicals. The halogenated ones always sounded pretty shitty though tbh. The one I actually want to try is a-PiHP.

which at least in-vitro showed even better effects than A-PVP (e.g. the cyclohexyl alpha-sidechain version had very promising values in-vitro).

A-PCyP wasn't great. I found it more of a functional stimulant than anything, at low doses.

These halogenated derivatives arent fun. At least 4F-PHP was trash from my experience. It was an anxiety attack in powder form. Oddly prosexual but you need a boat load of stimulants in your system for that to be possible.