• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos 45 mgs of Clonazepam in the past 12 days, 1 mg left.

well I definitely won't with that attitude. are you a doctor? A lot of websites and other threads say seizures are usually only in really severe cases and my case is not severe by those standards. No positivity from you, especially since I can probably get more xans to hold me over. Hospital has been the only thing you've brought to this and I've said multiple times I won't go to the hospital again. it costs money and drama I don't need for a drug that genuinely helps me. hospital? no! unless you are a medical doctor with a website and an email this is just gonna scare me, not convince me to go to the hospital.

but benzos literally make my brain not want to die. So I don't want to go off them. just a safe passage to my next refill in 18 days. 10 mgs of alprazolam and hopefully in the next few days (3-4) and 1 mg of clonazepam left. I feel I just need to get on a dose that's high enough I don't want to abuse. idk just rambling now. it's late and now I'm worried.

No, I'm not a doctor, I just have too much experience with drugs. You don't need to get off of benzos. If they're helpful, that's great. There are alternatives to the hospital but they're not ones I should suggest here because having a doctor oversee your taper is the safest route. Like Speed King said, use the search engine. As I mentioned earlier, valerian root affects GABA-A and is very easy to find and legal. It's an option, especially if your WD symptoms are mild.

I was referring another person with the doctor line. and if valerian root is something I can get at a vitamin shoppe I will buy some tomorrow. You're helpful, thanks.

Here's a thought...since medical detox from alcohol involves using benzos as replacement, maybe you can use alcohol to detox from clonazapam? I'm no doctor that's for sure, but maybe others can weigh in on this possibility for Mr. Lipstick.

Bad idea, as you'd need to be drunk 24/7 as withdrawal seizures can set in after 6-48 hours and alcohol binds to a lot of different receptors instead of just GABA-A

Ideally you'd want to taper with a benzo with a longer half-life like diazepam or librium. Right now if you don't want to see a doctor Valerian root does contain a GABA-A agonist though there's no telling how much is in whatever you're buying. Since it seems to be somewhat of an emergency I'd add that I've staved off benzo withdrawals with phenibut but be aware that the withdrawals from phenibut are just as nightmarish and never take over a gram as tolerance builds fast. Stop taking it as soon as you can.

^iirc phenibut acts primarily on GABA-B and has no appreciable effects on GABA-A in doses lower than ~2g (this may vary but the point is, high doses). It may work as an emergency measure but it shouldn't be used to taper off of benzos with.

^iirc phenibut acts primarily on GABA-B and has no appreciable effects on GABA-A in doses lower than ~2g (this may vary but the point is, high doses). It may work as an emergency measure but it shouldn't be used to taper off of benzos with.

You're partially right, in high doses it does act on GABA-A, but it's main action seems to be the blockage of α2δ subunit-containing voltage-gated calcium channels instead of GABA-B agonism
https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Phenibut
Recent research has shown that phenibut binds to and blocks α2δ subunit-containing voltage-gated calcium channels, similarly to gabapentinoids such as gabapentin and pregabalin. Both enantiomers of phenibut show this action with similar efficacy. The R-enantiomer possesses five-fold greater affinity for α2δ subunit-containing voltage-gated calcium channels relative to the GABAB receptor, whereas the S-entantiomer doses not have any efficacy at the GABAB receptor

I really feel like you're blowing it out of proportion. and ignoring my questions. I can most certainly break up 10 mg of xanax to 10 days and if I take a day or 2 off /i can totally make it to my script refill. plus, I've abused this drug a lot a couple years back and I never had a seizure then. I watched my friend have a drug related seizure and it scared the shit out of me (He's okay now btw) so I want to avoid that. but I can't lose my script and go back to without. I'd be hanging from a belt if it weren't for clonazepam and the hospital will call me a drug seeker and it will take them away from me. I may as well be dead without them anyways.

You were told the same thing repeatedly detoxing at the hospital. You made your bed burning threw your script now your faced to live with it. Kpins have x4 the half life of xanax and are active alot longer. 10mg of xanax and 1mg kpin WILL NOT LAST two weeks. And these two benzos are completely different in function. You are asking a question then telling people they are blowing it out of proportion because you don't want your doctor to know you abused them obviously but that is alot to take in a short time. Don't ask a question if you refuse repeatedly to accept the proper answer

I've taken 45 mgs of Clonazepam the past 12 days and I only have 1mg left until Tuesday. Hopefully then, I'll get 5 bars of alprazolam (Xanax) 2 mgs each. if not, I don't get a script refill until 2 more weeks (of the clonazepam). will the alprazolam help with withdrawals from Clonazepam? and have I even taken enough to experience withdrawals? Some info would be great. thanks! %)

Xanax - or literally any benzo - can replace Clonazepam perfectly fine.
However the amount you took over1 2 days, suddenly stopping - or too much of a decrease - you could seizure. I'd to the emergency room and explain you need Clonazepam (definitely don't tell them you took so much).

I used to be like you as well... Never experienced benzo w/d... Until recently... I hope your right and you feel no adverse effects but IF you do since you don't want to listen to anyone here your going to have to listen to your body.... If you start experiencing serious shit people have pointed out already then you need to go to the hospital... Length on time on the drug is important but what matters more is the MASSIVE amount you've taken in such a short time... Benzos really matter on that point. Taking so much in such a short time really does change the game.... a week or two on regular benzo doses is crazy safe.... a few weeks on insane elephant doses and your begging for trouble... Bottom line IMO is your either gonna be in the clear or your not. If your not then a few xan bars aren't going to get you through.... so if shit gets real you can either A. find more benzos, preferably val or k-pins.. or B. go to the hospital... I hope your GABAergic resistance holds out and gets you through this one easily, but believe me when I say, that luck doesn't last forever, and it will catch up with you... Good luck

Agreed, it works more like lyrica or baclofen to an extent but I've found that it helps to alleviate many of the symptoms of withdrawals through the mechanism klernerkiffer described. At least in the beginning. Tolerance ramps up quickly with phenibut.