• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos 45 mgs of Clonazepam in the past 12 days, 1 mg left.

StalinsLipstick

Greenlighter
I've taken 45 mgs of Clonazepam the past 12 days and I only have 1mg left until Tuesday. Hopefully then, I'll get 5 bars of alprazolam (Xanax) 2 mgs each. if not, I don't get a script refill until 2 more weeks (of the clonazepam). will the alprazolam help with withdrawals from Clonazepam? and have I even taken enough to experience withdrawals? Some info would be great. thanks! %)

Yep. Coming of 45 mg to 1 mg, can cause withdrawal. Use the bars wisely. You could be running a seizure risk. Clonazepam has a decent half life, but it is not long.

not 45 mgs a day obviously. idk if you thought otherwise. shit, seizures is the only thing I'm worried about.

45 Mg. in 12 days= 3.75 Mg. a Day What happened? 5 bars (10 Mg.) of Xanax isn't going to help. When those are gone, your going to be in "BAD SHAPE"
A "Double Withdrawl" You are risking a very bad Seizure (s) I would self admit into the nearest Hospital Psych Unit ASAP, even If You have to "FESS UP" to your Doctor. It's not worth dying, and eventually Your Doctor will forgive You. You might also try making Your Appointments every 2 weeks, Instead of once a month so You don't "RAID THE COOKIE JAR" Been there, and done that.
Good Luck, JMD149

There are other alternatives. Some you have to figure out yourself, but first, if your in real danger, take your ass to the hospital. They can fix your withdrawal problem fast. Withdrawal from benzodiazepines, first can be deadly. They also tend to suck. If your going to use any medications, you best know how they work and how to come off them correctly.

This is simple if you think about it. Utfse (search) and look up withdrawals from opiates and benzodiazepines. You will learn a lot. I personally wouldn't risk it. It can turn into a vicious cycle.

Here's a thought...since medical detox from alcohol involves using benzos as replacement, maybe you can use alcohol to detox from clonazapam? I'm no doctor that's for sure, but maybe others can weigh in on this possibility for Mr. Lipstick.

Here's a thought...since medical detox from alcohol involves using benzos as replacement, maybe you can use alcohol to detox from clonazapam? I'm no doctor that's for sure, but maybe others can weigh in on this possibility for Mr. Lipstick.

I see your logic but this would be kind of like using heroin to detox from methadone. It may work to alleviate withdrawal, but it's not really a safe detox plan. OP, if you don't have any history of benzo use prior to this and only experience mild withdrawal, try valerian root as it affects GABA-A and you can find it at most drugstores. If you start noticing withdrawal symptoms such as tremors, panic attacks, delusions, or really anything more severe than some rebound anxiety and insomnia, you should go to the hospital.

I get more in 18/19 days max through my doctor that I plan on using correctly. You don't think I can subside the clonazepam WDs with the alprazolam? they are both benzos and I think they both bind to the GABAa receptors of the brain so I figure if I can use the xanax lightly but enough to qualm clonazepam WDs until I get my new script (which I said I Would use as instructed and not abuse) I will be alright. I've been to a psych ward before and shit I hate that kind of thing and once I got prescribed benzos it took away all my anxiety and my bipolar disorder and I'm in "Bad Shape" (suicidal and angry) without benzos. I was also like that before my regular benzo use so I don't wanna go off them is my point and I really want to avoid the hospital. Is that possible with my given hypothesis above?

That's the thing. I have extreme mental illness right now and benzos really qualm that for me so I'm all of those things without benzos. so I need to maintain usage. I'm hoping the xanax I may get will help with WDs or if I'll even have WDs because they're both benzos. And I hate alcohol. not drinking it and it definitely won't help. marijuana?

Yes, alprazolam may work, but despite the long half life of clonazepam, it may not hold you over until Tuesday. And it may not be enough. How long have you been using benzos for?

We don't think there is any way to make the Xanax last long enough to cover all those days.
CfZrx, that is worst case senario shit. Not trying to take thread that way. Even that's not a guarentee. Defenately not HR in this case.

StalinsLipstick,
2 weeks without Clonazepam Is "VERY DANGEROUS" depending on how long You have been taking them!
Having just 1 Mg. left, and Five 2 Mg. Xanax is not going to help You. I have a background in this Field.
Please "SELF-ADMIT" Yourself into the nearest Hospital before You have a Grand-Mal Seizure!!!!!!!!!
Please take My Advice. JMD149

I have 1 mg left that I plan on breaking into 3 pieces. a .5 piece and 2 .25 pieces and using those until then. and I figure I can handle a day without them and do an opiate on the days off to help with insomnia/kill the pain. And I took .5mgs a day for 20 days and got my script upped to 1mg a day while abusing the street connect bends I could find and now I'm in this hole. I want a way to the next script without a seizure or a hospital visit. I feel like it's possible. no??

Again, it depends on how long you've been using benzos for, but I would say that you could be at serious seizure risk. Fwiw, I'm currently tapering off of etizolam and I can barely handle dropping my dose by .5mg a week, and I've experienced some serious withdrawal symptoms. A dramatic dosage cut like you're planning is not safe.

I really feel like you're blowing it out of proportion. and ignoring my questions. I can most certainly break up 10 mg of xanax to 10 days and if I take a day or 2 off /i can totally make it to my script refill. plus, I've abused this drug a lot a couple years back and I never had a seizure then. I watched my friend have a drug related seizure and it scared the shit out of me (He's okay now btw) so I want to avoid that. but I can't lose my script and go back to without. I'd be hanging from a belt if it weren't for clonazepam and the hospital will call me a drug seeker and it will take them away from me. I may as well be dead without them anyways.

this negativity is killing me from this. I wish I never made this bed for myself. But Regularly about a month and a half a regular usage but before then ( since about 16) I used benzos heavy. mixed them morphine and all kinds of shit. I've never had a seizure before. they really scare me but so does the hospital and the thought of not having a bento script because it played a huge part in saving my life.

I'm not saying you definitely will have a seizure, I'm saying there's a real chance of one and you shouldn't ignore that. I take .5mg etizolam 3x a day. If I skip one dose, I begin to have involuntary muscle contractions and paranoid delusions. Benzo withdrawal can get very severe very quickly.

It's not my intent to be negative or tell you not to use benzos OP, I'm looking out for your safety. Unfortunately the risk is very real.

How long have you been on it because I don't really have "doses" I just take them when I feel like and nothing ever that severe so far. I know, I just take reality as negativity. I hate this.

Sorry Lipstick, but NO, You need to be in the the Hospital, they will treat You. Trust Me, You'll never make it 18/ 19 Days.
Please GO and get Medicated, and GOD BLESS. Regards, JMD149.

Only since late September 2016, and I started at around 4-6mg per day. I didn't expect such severe symptoms or to be at seizure risk either. Before that, I used benzos at random doses but never daily. It sneaks up on you, that's why I'm urging you to be safe. And don't feel bad, discontinuing benzos causes me to see things in a very negative light sometimes, I just wanted to let you know that I'm not preaching at you but simply speaking from experience.