45 days clean off heroin but still cant sleep

As an alternative thought, you might actually have an unrelated illness.
When I first quit, I would get these horrible stomach cramps. I just assumed it was part of withdrawal. After many years of relapses, I finally saw a doctor and was told I hard gallstones.

Thanks guys

Im going back playing football tonight which will take up my time 3-4 times a week. Boredom is one of the biggest factors in my depression I believe so going to try stay as busy as possible. There is also an open day at my local college on tuesday so hopefully I find something that interests me and take my mind off heroin and depression....maybe even get a job out of it....its been ten bloody years since I held down a proper job!!

Youre right about having a gameplan and goals njirem, to beat this addiction and depression.....I just hope I can stick to it. Anxiety is still a major issue for me but I guess I just have to put my head down and do it. Guts over fear......a good rap song from eminem whos also had to battle his demons.

Btw lazyjoe, my bowels have improved so I dont think I have an underlying issue with that thankfully

Last edited:
Btw lazyjoe, my bowels have improved so I dont think I have an underlying issue with that thankfully

That's good. Just figured I'd throw it out there. It took me 4 years of pain and my wife pestering me to finally admit I might actually have an underlyin problem since everytime I got well, I had no more pain.

As an alternative thought, you might actually have an unrelated illness.
When I first quit, I would get these horrible stomach cramps. I just assumed it was part of withdrawal. After many years of relapses, I finally saw a doctor and was told I hard gallstones.

That seems awful. How did you treat it?

I had to have surgery to have my gallbladder removed. I have to tell you, gallstone pain was probably the most intense pain I've ever felt. On the bright side, I'm nowhere near as afraid of opiate w/d as I used to be :)

I have 24 days off suboxone

I still can't sleep that well

It's taking a toll on me, and I know how you feel

Exercise during the day seems to help me a lot

I had success using gabapentin or lyrica for PAWS and acute WD. I was seriously suffering after being addicted for 13 years to opiates. Gabapentin helped me to be able to get 5-6 hours of sleep after being sober for 4 months. It took me 9 months to be able to sleep a solid 6-7 hours each night. I was still sweating having GI discomfort after a year clean. I became psychologically addicted to the lyrica in the end and I had to get off the drug.