Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

440ug acid dropped. High ~24/7 now... (w/o drugs) Help me

tupac337

Greenlighter
tl;dr at end(please at least read that)
So basically, I dropped 4 tabs of 110 ug acid about 3 months ago. Lost my mind, memory kept wiping every 10/15s, couldn't form sentences, thought i was schizo, etc. It was a stupid idea and I didn't respect it nor have enough experience going into it.

To the main point. Continued smoking weed daily as I usually do. But then I started getting randomly high without smoking. Started subtle at first, then it got intense. I blew it off until 2 weeks ago. The random highs got so intense that they gave me migraines at points. Decided it was time to stop smoking.

Fast forward 1 month of no smoking. I am still high like 80% of my days. It is getting a little less intense and a tad bit less frequent, but is still very annoying. I know to avoid all drugs till this subsides completely and that my use should be low and infrequent when/if I start again. The high is also not usually present when I am exercising or eating.

What else could/should I do? I really hope nothing is wrong with me permanently. Does anyone else have similar experiences or know why this may be happening? Will I be able to enjoy weed again?

(Also, i forgot to add that. about a month ago i smoked like 4 bowls at my buddy's place (I normally smoke a 5th of a bowl to get high for 5-6 hours). And after this the random highs got very intense for weeks and that's what led me to stopping weed for a little.)

tl;dr dropped 4 tabs of acid, now im high 70-80% of my day, what can I do?, anyone else have similar experiences? What could this be?

Hello. You've most likely got hppd (hallucination persistent perception disorder). There's not much to be done but wait it out, I was tripping for a good 18 months after too much acid for too long. It does go away completely eventually, just takes time. Obviously stay away from hallucinogens, and no weed will speed up recovery. Look up hppd on here, you'll find plenty of stories and advice.

I've taken that dose or higher many times before. It's a very intense experience for neurology and biochemistry. Memory loss and inability to talk are normal experiences in that state. I wasn't able to really move for the first 3 hours, just had to lay on the floor and be deconstructed.

You're going to have lingering feelings of being high until your neurology comes back to base line. LSD actually clears the body very quickly, within hours of taking it. What you're experiencing is the neurological effect of what that dosage did to you. It's amazing what these micro-dosages can do. I one time took 900mcg by accident (careless dosing and impatience), and it took me 3 months to feel stable again. The first month was a total write off, I had a psychotic break and it was traumatic. I later chose to do LSD again at a lower dose and in a very supportive environment in order to re-set my experience to be a more positive one. I stopped doing LSD after that good experience.

Yes you will recover. Yes this will pass. It's going to take time. I recommend not getting high at all in any form for a good month at the very least. Let your brain recover. I don't believe HPPD is real... it's a botched way of describing a third eye that's been blown wide open by a psychedelic, and the subsequent ungrounding that causes.

Eat well. Try to do normal daily activities even if they feel unreal or alienating. Your brain is putty right now due to the high level of neuroplasticity and you need healthy frames of reference. Foods and supplements high in minerals will help your nervous system. Magnesium, calcium, zinc, iron are all good ones.

Exercise -- and I mean real exercise, like weightlifting, aerobics, swimming, whatever. Something that really gets you in your body. It will help. High level LSD trips are extremely heady and ungrounding. You need to do stuff that puts you on planet Earth, which means anything that engages the body.

Nature helps, especially forests.

The most common permanent lingering effect of high dose LSD is visual snow or distortion called phosphenes. It's a leftover that relates to how LSD hyper-stimulated your visual cortex. Sometimes it's temporary and sometimes it's permanent. Most people get used to it. It doesn't mean you have brain damage it means your brain is just different now.

Hello. You've most likely got hppd (hallucination persistent perception disorder). There's not much to be done but wait it out, I was tripping for a good 18 months after too much acid for too long. It does go away completely eventually, just takes time. Obviously stay away from hallucinogens, and no weed will speed up recovery. Look up hppd on here, you'll find plenty of stories and advice.

Holy shit, like you were actually tripping for 18 months?! And alright good to hear that it goes away eventually. I do not have any visual distortions at all, could I still have hppd? All cases I read involve visual distortions.

tl;dr dropped 4 tabs of acid, now im high 70-80% of my day, what can I do?, anyone else have similar experiences? What could this be?

Holy shit, like you were actually tripping for 18 months?! And alright good to hear that it goes away eventually. I do not have any visual distortions at all, could I still have hppd? All cases I read involve visual distortions.

If you don't have visuals, what do you mean by being "high" 70-80% of the time?

I feel like similar to a weed high in my head. No relaxing effect or spacey effect though. Like a tingly/pressure sensation. Similar to a sativa high.

Just to throw it out there, keep in mind that astrologically, the millennial generation is swooping in over the baby boomers right now. It's in everything, including the stars. So expect some major consciousness shift this year if it hasn't happened already. A lot of times, this will be accompanied by a strong dose of a hallucinogenic experience in some sort of way.

This process can come in bursts, and last up to a week or more at a time, but our consciousness is just evolving and integration doesn't happen immediately.

Yea, pretty much. Walls changing colour, house bricks playing endless games of tetris with themselves. Every day I drove to work with the road pouring into a hole that was just in front of my car bonnet.

For me at least, it was only the visual stuff that remained, the trippy mind aspect went back to normal after a couple of days. I was a chronic weed smoker so that will have exacerbated things. It all went away eventually though, other than perma coloured snow on my vision. I can live with that though.

It was the price I paid for hammering doses up to 1mg acid for too long. The trip that cause the real damage was when I decided that a teaspoon of liquid acid was just the ticket. What an idiot. After 48 hours I remember going to the local bar to try and 'drink myself sober', haha! So that night I was pissed and tripping, and for the only time in my life became a temporary darts legend.

Sounds like you transcended to some sort of limbo. I would need to take acid again to breakthrough to a more even playing field, as anxiety ridden as that may sound. Sometimes we gotta push a little bit further to see the light. It's definitely possible to bask in your psychotic delusion, it's a perceptual thing. A glass half full type of thing. A small dash of dissociative or a few sips of beer can go a long way in the attenuation of anxieties. I reckon one could manage sips of beer every evening for nearly 100 years. You don't need a 6 packs worth, just some sips.

Sometimes when 440ug is too much, i go for 100ug the next time. That way, you'll land at a different point on the arc. One that may suit you better.

I've got to head out, moderation beckons.

Last edited:
Sounds like you transcended to some sort of limbo. I would need to take acid again to breakthrough to a more even playing field, as anxiety ridden as that may sound. Sometimes we gotta push a little bit further to see the light. It's definitely possible to bask in your psychotic delusion, it's a perceptual thing. A glass half full type of thing. A small dash of dissociative or a few sips of beer can go a long way in the attenuation of anxieties. I reckon one could manage sips of beer every evening for nearly 100 years. You don't need a 6 packs worth, just some sips.

Sometimes when 440ug is too much, i go for 100ug the next time. That way, you'll land at a different point on the arc. One that may suit you better.

I kind of agree with this. Every time I take an ego shattering dose of acid, my life goes in a slightly different direction.

The trouble is it's a game of roulette, you just don't know how it's going to end up. You may end up in a mood positive place, but you may end up even more cosmic than you are now.

How experienced are you at tripping? I found the trip random factor was a lot stronger when I was young and inexperienced, eventually your mind learns to see through the illusion hallucinogens create, once they wear off.

Just to throw it out there, keep in mind that astrologically, the millennial generation is swooping in over the baby boomers right now. It's in everything, including the stars. So expect some major consciousness shift this year if it hasn't happened already. A lot of times, this will be accompanied by a strong dose of a hallucinogenic experience in some sort of way.

This process can come in bursts, and last up to a week or more at a time, but our consciousness is just evolving and integration doesn't happen immediately.

Gotta love the astrology mumbo-jumbo. A lot of language conveying so little of substance.

On-topic now, I'm sorry you're experiencing such a difficult time after your last acid trip tupac337. Be sure to take it slow or quit everything altogether until things are back to normal. It's not unheard of to have lingering effects from tripping. Usually these after effects and or flashbacks will subside with time. Good luck to you!

I have the same thing happen with Ketamine from time to time. I will come down in a dysphoric state of mind and will have to do a bit more to get
a reset of sorts. I have had the same thing happen with Psychs, but haven't tried the reset...I will in the future though. Thank you Crashing and MJ.

Gotta love the astrology mumbo-jumbo. A lot of language conveying so little of substance.

Astrology is one of many archetypal universal sciences. We can ignore things like astrology and physics to a point but then night time still falls and tomorrow we still can't fly.

Astrology is one of many archetypal universal sciences. We can ignore things like astrology and physics to a point but then night time still falls and tomorrow we still can't fly.

Read my face-palm. Astrology is pseudo-scientific bat guano! Maybe you mean cosmology?

PS
I'm sorry for off-topic posting.

Last edited:
There's no point in arguing nor telling those of us who have experienced such things it's bat guano, Rampelflik. We try to cultivate an open-minded, accepting, and loving community here. If you have your doubts about astrology, why not ask why others follow it? How they started doing so? Etc.

You've got a point. I'm not here to antagonize. If you or any other person gets any personal use out of believing something that fails the falsifiability criteria, you are definitely free to do so. I see nothing wrong in applying the placebo effect to cope with existential angst.

You've got a point. I'm not here to antagonize. If you or any other person gets any personal use out of believing something that fails the falsifiability criteria, you are definitely free to do so. I see nothing wrong in applying the placebo effect to cope with existential angst.
You mean if it can't be proven it's wrong?
Man, that's a pretty narrow view of things and would make for a very boring and mundane existence.
We live in a magical world and the only way it ceases to be so is to not believe in magic.
Just ask Tink.
You may be right, but I hope not.

Last edited:

And again you reply with underhanded negativity and disdain...

You mean if it can't be proven it's wrong?
Man, that's a pretty narrow view of things and would make for a very boring and mundane existence.
We live in a magical world and the only way it ceases to be so is to not believe in magic.
Just ask Tink.
You may be right, but I hope not.

No, I mean that if there is no way to test if a statement is refutable, no way to test if it is false, if it can't be proven wrong, you can't possibly prove it to be right.
You say "a magical world." I say, a world of probabilities. That is in no way boring, mundane or stripped of any spirituality.

And again you reply with underhanded negativity and disdain...

I apply the placebo effect all the time in telling myself "everything will be alright." At least I know I might be fooling myself. The almighty placebo doesn't care. It still produces results. If you perceive my statement as an underhanded comment to put you down, I think that says more about you then it does about me...

But we're veering way off-topic here.

Does the 70/80% high effect come with moments of derealization, tupac337? Can you more precisely define the effects you are experiencing?

No, I mean that if there is no way to test if a statement is refutable, no way to test if it is false, if it can't be proven wrong, you can't possibly prove it to be right.
You say "a magical world." I say, a world of probabilities. That is in no way boring, mundane or stripped of any spirituality.

I apply the placebo effect all the time in telling myself "everything will be alright." At least I know I might be fooling myself. The almighty placebo doesn't care. It still produces results. If you perceive my statement as an underhanded comment to put you down, I think that says more about you then it does about me...

But we're veering way off-topic here.

Does the 70/80% high effect come with moments of derealization, tupac337? Can you more precisely define the effects you are experiencing?

No derealization. Just a tingly/pressure sensation in my head. Similar to the feelings of a sativa high. No other effects though.