• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

40mg Adderall, but not feeling anything?

MrBaconHawk

Bluelighter
I know I have a fast metabolism. Same issue for pain killers, I can take 30mg Oxycodone and feel little to nothing, maybe a tiny bit dizzy for 20 minutes. I also had only tried alcohol a few times... Had about 9 shots of Vodka in 1 hour, hardly felt a bit dizzy but totally not drunk at all.

Im 6'0", 210 lbs. Fairly healthy... Why am I getting no effect from this Adderall XR? I was prescribed 20mg. Did nothing so I have tried 40mg (against my prescription limit, I know...) for a week, still little to no effect (or at least nothing I notice really). I just took about 60mg and I'm probably going to fall asleep for a couple hours and wake up later for work.

I have pretty bad issues from ADHD, focus is impossible at times. Social issues. You name it... I was thinking maybe it just wasn't the right medicine, but even if it wasn't, it should still be giving energy or making me stay up and such. I can take it and sleep without an issue. No particularly noticeable change at all, maybe a tiny tiny bit of focus but honestly it's hard to tell because sometimes I can focus. Some days I'm just a mess. So what do I do?

Also, what do I say to my doctor at my next appointment? They might not like if I tell them I exceeded my prescription dose and tested other things out (slowly and safely, but nonetheless). I don't want to have her stop the prescription if it actually does help in some way... Suggestions?

I just slept for an hour and a half after taking 60mg of Adderall XR, it wasn't my regular interrupted and unrestful sleep, I feel pretty rested after just a short time. I'll probably sleep a bit more in a sec. Which is amazing that I can even say that, because usually I am up until 7am, sometimes even until 11am, until I fall asleep from pure exhaustion and I wake 2-3 hours later (meaning get up, I move around a lot throughout sleep) and feel unrested.

Back pain has plagued me and I have no relief from pain killers unless I take an obscene amount of opiates (which I do not have or take for obvious reasons). Been to the ER a lot for back pain, they probably won't want to give me more Opiate pills because I've gone about 6 times this year for back pain... So I'm hoping Adderall will help me start a workout routine to fix back posture. Not sure if I've seen anything that will change my inability to get into daily routines (e.g workout, hygiene, daily chores).

60mg Adderall seems to have helped sleep somehow. I'm only supposed to take 1 20mg a day. How do I bring this up with my doctor in a way that doesn't make them think I'm seeking it for the wrong reasons? I just want relief from constant abuse my body puts me through. I don't know how many more sleepless nights and depressing days I can take... Honestly running out of options but I think this dose might have helped. Do I just say to my doctor that it helps a little but very hard to notice, and maybe a higher dose will help (but they'll only go to 40 maybe, so I can't take it every day if I do 60mg doses). How can I get them to jump from 20mg to 60mg? I have been very careful, testing all levels and monitoring symptoms and heart rate and such to make sure I'm not just ignoring something wrong. Even on 60mg, hear rate is high 60's, low 70's (which is very regular) so I'm positive my metabolism is just freaking fast...

"I just slept for an hour and a half after taking 60mg of Adderall XR, it wasn't my regular interrupted and unrestful sleep, "

Adderall xr may reach peak blood levels at roughly 7-8 hours.

Likely the reason you could fall asleep is because almost none of it was absorbed

Likely you wokeup an hour and a half after as it started working

Likely the reason you felt so rested is because it started working not because it magically improved your sleep.

Man, 60mg Adderall ER is a pretty heavy dose for someone who has no prior experience/tolerance to stimulants.
Unless you're trying to use them recreationally, I recommend just sticking to the dose the doc told you to take, and the next time you see them tell them how you reacted to this. DON'T keep upping the dose, if nothing is happening at 60mg, nothing but medical problems are ahead if you continue taking more and more.

To my knowledge adderall is used theraputically 5-60 mg per day. I would be extremely careful deciding to take 120-150 instant release.