Technical Problem 404 Errors, Busy Servers, Terribly Excessive Load Times, Oh My!

Nom de Plume

Bluelighter
Salutations,

TL;DR and/or Synopsis << Cannot access the any links or clickable text without a high chance of a 404 error, busy server message, or insufferably protracted and lengthy loading times. The onset of these irritating technical issues was about 2 months anterior.
Question 1: What causes these issues
Question 2: How might I prevent or resolve these issues, insofar as they're solvable or fixable.

Much obliged to the guy or gal with the faculties to resolve my conundrum.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I sincerely enjoy writing posts and comments, browsing for the sake of edification, and even simply reading the posts of others on this forum.

However, for the past one or two months, I have experienced great annoyance, difficulty, and frustration with navigating Bluelight.

For example, there seems to be an approximate 95% chance of my clicking on any link (e.g., to access my user profile; check for new forum posts; view or respond to private messages,...) on BL.

That is to say, the website, in its entirety, has, at least to myself and my experience, become wholly and untraversable and vexing.

Why? Essentially every link, redirect, and so forth has suddenly transmogrified itself into thus:

I.) an unintended redirect to a 404 error;
II.) a paraphrastic error message stating, "The server is too busy...". (the most galling and frequent of the group);
III.) or, if having as out serendipity I will have impressed myself with having miraculously avoided the two foregoing issues, and instead arrive at the equally irritating, seemly interminable scenario of a perpetual loading screen.

This set of woeful and exasperating miscues, so to say, only ever occur at this specific location—Bluelight.

If it may be of any assistance, one may care to know I primarily use a smartphone (either the latest Samsung Galaxy or Apple iPhone), either one of my tablet six tablet devices—and never a desktop or laptop—for my navigating this forum. All my devices' Internet settings are such to permit desktop view, Java, flash, etc.

The problems never occurred, even once, prior to 1 or 2 months ago.

I'm no technical wunderkind or internetwork expert, so if expository comments are necessary for a diagnosis, prognosis or treatment, do not hesitate to request them.

—A bientôt,
Dnyaneshwar, N.B.
Nom de Plume

Last edited:
Hi Nom!

I haven't had this problem recently; hopefully the staff will help you out soon.

^ lmao oh god :D

For what it's worth I haven't noticed anything different these past few months so you might wanna contact your ISP. Since you said “essentially every link" I'm not gonna bother asking you for any.

Next time, just write: “I've had long loading times, 404 messages, and sever is too busy message. What's up?"

It doesn't need to be a high school literature paper.

Last edited:
issues like this are almost always local environment or connection issue. try clearing your browser cache and cookies, resetting your router and obtaining a new ip lease (resetting your router will do that) and see if it helps.

alasdair

This tends to happen if you use the non mobile version with your phones internet browser. Your IP/handle was flagged by BLs spam filter. An admin will have to take your IP out of the spam filter in order for your account to work properly.