Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

400ug 1P-LSD trip. What to expect?

justme6263

Bluelighter
Hi everyone.

I am planning a 400ug 1P-LSD trip sometime in the coming week, I have only ever done a 150ug trip before with most of my trips being 100ug. My reason for pushing it to 400ug is that I want completely and utterly immersive trip with ego loss etc. I'm just wondering what I should expect from 400ug dose?

If you haven't had a high-dose trip before, there's no way of knowing what to expect. I suggest that you increase your dose more incrementally. Why not try 200 or 300 mcg first?

LSD is not like other drugs, twice as much does not mean twice as strong.

Did you find 150ug particularly underpowering?

It's going to be pretty fucking intense. I really don't think it's a good idea to almost triple your highest experienced dose. I'd expect you to experience some nausea and confusion, as well as a LOT of visual and aural distortion.

I'm not so sure 1p is the best compound to get to ego loss though - in general, that kind of state is more easily evoked by a tryptamine.

At 400ug you reach the saturation point. Expect to forget your name, genus; your ability to talk and walk, all this and more will go away for a few hours. Make sure you can handle this, if you have any doubts don't do it. But if you feel ready it will be one of the deepest and strongest experience of your life.

Last edited:
It's not that I found 150ug underwhelming, I had a 'proper' psychedelic experience and it was quite profound. A truly wonderful experience. The thing is though I would like an extremely deep, hopefully quite introspective trip; I know that you aren't really supposed to chase these kinds of experiences but I'd like to explore heavier doses more. I did give some thought to a 250ug dose and see how it goes, then a 350ug dose after that.

Here's the thing - you may have that experience at 250 or 300ug. You have no way of knowing the dose that your body will require of this specific compound to reach that state - and if you go far above that dose, things could get ugly. There's no reason to go so fast here, there's plenty of time. Try 250ug, see how it goes, and then increase if necessary. Any other course of action is mere reckless impatience, no matter how you try to rationalize it.

Last edited:
I guess it is reckless impatience. I am going to try a 250ug dose tomorrow afternoon and I'll post here with an update on how it goes.

veodo; I started at 25 ug, then 75, 100, 150 and 200 ug. So even without a tolerance I feel confident of handling 200 ug. But if I were to venture into higher territory (pun intended I guess), I wouldn't do it all at once - there just isn't a point. Stay safe and go slow my friend; the drugs aren't going anywhere.

Tom

My FIRST lsd trip I took 400 micrograms because I wanted to truly see what all lsd had in store, and I sure go what I wanted and more.

Like everyone else has said I would take it easy. Really there's no rush. Even though my first trip was a beautiful experience in the end, it was one of most intense uncomfortable experiences I've ever had.

I guess it is reckless impatience. I am going to try a 250ug dose tomorrow afternoon and I'll post here with an update on how it goes.

This should be good - it might not get to the level that you want yet, but it will be a very strong trip. I've taken 200ug and 300ug, the 300 was too much for me - intensely confusing and some nausea present - but at 200ug the positive aspects of the trip (visual and audio distortion) were almost just as strong, whereas the negative aspects were almost completely diminished. Great time. 250ug seems like it would be good too.

veodo; I started at 25 ug, then 75, 100, 150 and 200 ug. So even without a tolerance I feel confident of handling 200 ug. But if I were to venture into higher territory (pun intended I guess), I wouldn't do it all at once - there just isn't a point. Stay safe and go slow my friend; the drugs aren't going anywhere.

Tom

This is how I titrate my doses and this is how Shulgin titrated his doses. Starting with an allergy test then increasing in small increments with several days between each experiment. This is a good practice and safety is worth the wait.

200mcg didn't do a whole lot for me, and I've done that twice now

300mcg and some hash is where it really took off.....full blown psychadelia

After god knows how many trips with 1P-LSD in the range of 50-150mcg I thought I could handle any dose, oh I was wrong, I had my arse handed to me on 200mcg! my thinking was that it wouldn't be that much more potent then my 150mch trip boy was I wrong, be careful with this one, to me its as unpredictable as LSD-25

After god knows how many trips with 1P-LSD in the range of 50-150mcg I thought I could handle any dose, oh I was wrong, I had my arse handed to me on 200mcg! my thinking was that it wouldn't be that much more potent then my 150mch trip boy was I wrong, be careful with this one, to me its as unpredictable as LSD-25
Out of interest, in what sense did you have your arse handed to you? I've not got around to takin 250ug yet as the house wasn't empty yesterday as I thought it would be, should be good for tomorrow though.

There seems to be evidence that 1P-LSD is metabolized to LSD, so it certainly should not be treated as a more mild or predictable drug.

Out of interest, in what sense did you have your arse handed to you? I've not got around to takin 250ug yet as the house wasn't empty yesterday as I thought it would be, should be good for tomorrow though.

The trip started out fine it was when I was at the peak the trouble started, I was watching a documentary on Jupiter, the image on the TV was just the planet swirling around as it does, but then what appeared to be arms of gas started coming out of the sides and engulfed the screen, the next part was a piece with Dr Brian Cox who had this huge red puffer jacket on what started to swell up once again taking over the screen. at this point my body temperature had shot up significantly, sweating like a pig full panic set in, everything was becoming overwhelming so I grab a Etizolam or two to try and calm shit down, didn't work! after the etz I have no idea what happened, I woke up the next day to half smoked cigarettes stubbed out on desk and on my bed (seriously who does that ? I don't even smoke in my house, Ever!) a broken DMT pipe about 4 opened cans of coke what were still full.
Be careful with this one.

T+2hrs chillaxed so far...:)

Just to point out that isn't a dive into shallow water without looking scenario, I've worked up to this, carefully.