• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants 4 weeks post psychotic meth binge, full recovery?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Apparently it's highly variable from one person to the next.

My greatest fear was that I had potentially induced indefinite paranoia/psychosis.

I do feel more prone to panic since then for sure, but haven't experience any psychosis since 3 days post binge.

Dose was 200 mg for a highly infrequent user.

I do still feel "on edge", anxious, sometimes a little depressed etc.

4 weeks post meth would this be normal?

Or perhaps the source of said anxiety/depression is attributable to something else; it's possible I'm mistakenly conflating it with meth use.... ?

Meth psychosis is generally temporary.

It's not uncommon to feel off for many weeks after meth/drug use.

Yes, you will probably make a full recovery if you stay sober. But you should be aware of the potential for a future psychosis. Once you have one, you are likely more prone to having another one again in the future.

My guess is it's probably in your head. After I experienced a major long term psychosis, I became hyperaware of certain things (fearing permanent damage) and it led to a lot of unnecessary anxiety and depression, too.

Last edited:
Meth psychosis is generally temporary.

It's not uncommon to feel off for many weeks after meth/drug use.

Yes, you will probably make a full recovery if you stay sober. But you should be aware of the potential for a future psychosis. Once you have one, you are likely more prone to having another one again in the future.

My guess is it's probably in your head. After I experienced a major long term psychosis, I became hyperaware of certain things (fearing permanent damage) and it led to a lot of unnecessary anxiety and depression, too.

Many weeks..... probably difficult to define from one person to the next but could be up to five or six weeks... ?

Many weeks..... probably difficult to define from one person to the next but could be up to five or six weeks... ?
yeah it's impossible to quantify

everyone is different

It depends on so many factors, past drug use, how long you binged on meth, your diet/general health going into the binge and after it

five or six weeks is possible, depending on how we are defining "feeling off"

@JohnBoy2000, I do not know you that well. However, from what I have seen of you on BL you seem a very intelligent and thoughtful person - but one prone to kind of low-level obsessive/ruminative kind of thinking.

Judging mainly by your blogging, but also that Sex Workers thread, it seems you sometimes have a challenge looking at all the data on a question of importance to you, concluding a workable answer, and just accepting the disconnectscor missing pieces for the moment and moving on to the next issue.

This kind of thinking (which used to characterise me) is a big driver of depression and anxiety in many people. It is also something that stims, especially meth, really leverage and amplify.

A lot of your amphetamine-related worries as recently expressed here can esaily be parked and not re-examined for a long time, if ever.

@JohnBoy2000, I do not know you that well. However, from what I have seen of you on BL you seem a very intelligent and thoughtful person - but one prone to kind of low-level obsessive/ruminative kind of thinking.

Judging mainly by your blogging, but also that Sex Workers thread, it seems you sometimes have a challenge looking at all the data on a question of importance to you, concluding a workable answer, and just accepting the disconnectscor missing pieces for the moment and moving on to the next issue.

This kind of thinking (which used to characterise me) is a big driver of depression and anxiety in many people. It is also something that stims, especially meth, really leverage and amplify.

A lot of your amphetamine-related worries as recently expressed here can esaily be parked and not re-examined for a long time, if ever.

Let's hope so.

But yes I guess I'm a "micro-manager", no detail goes without being completely examined.

It's the nature of my development, if I do overlook anything it can be disastrous, it's simply a question of certainty.

Feedback is certainly encouraging, but as per the other thread it also seems to be true that if I were to ever touch stims again, psychosis may come about much more readily, and there's always the possibility it may be indefinite.

I feel that.

Not to mention it's not that difficult to set me off into a panic even without stims at the moment regardless.

I've received similar feedback on r/drugs, "eat good, exercise, live, be productive, socialize etc., probability is it will completely resolve in due course".

So I'm working in probabilities and right now it feels positive but the more rounded perspective/input I get, the more reassured I become.

Last edited:
yeah it's impossible to quantify

everyone is different

It depends on so many factors, past drug use, how long you binged on meth, your diet/general health going into the binge and after it

five or six weeks is possible, depending on how we are defining "feeling off"
One 200 mg binge in the last 9 months.

Psychosis managed with 100 mg seroquel when it emerged, another 100 mg later that night, then 25 mg twice daily for the following week until the comedown anxiety/rumination/emotional-turmoil/existential-crises passed.

After that the worst of it was over.

Unsure where that falls on the "feeling off" scale?

I believe that you will recover completely. I think you can probably expect some "flashback" type stuff over the next couple of weeks, but provided you go forward and live a fairly healthy lifestyle, you can put all of this behind you. When I say "flashbacks" I'm referring to some visceral feelings of "reliving" or "re-experiencing" some of the more intense visual/physical/mental effects of your psychosis. Maybe you will experience a replay of some particularly potent imagery or you will relive some weird train of thought that was particularly memorable from your psychosis. All of this is fairly normal with powerful drug experiences regardless of the substance.