View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-vinyl-DMT sample.. dosage to start?

Poindexter Smalls

Greenlighter
I got a free sample of this new compound from one of my chinese suppliers (apparently they are going to start selling it). I was told it is some kind of new legal version of DMT that is orally active. I have a half gram. I'm guessing it is around the potency of psilocybin?

4vinyl.png

Never heard of it and a cursory Google search is turning up nothing about it. I would be very cautious about consuming this Chinese mystery chemical...

I've never heard of drugs being substituted with a vinyl group before. I wonder what it's activity will be like.

interesting, but I'd send it to an independent lab for proper analysis before ingesting any...

I googled around and found some old posts from fastandbulbous mentioning how he thought it would be more potent than psilocin/4-aco-dmt, and the vinyl overlays more with LSD although i'm not on my home computer so i can't post them.

I don't know anything about biology or chemistry but the indol caught my eye...

I'm not sure under what conditions it would start polymerizing - not something you want happening when it is inside your body - but yeah seems way too reactive. If it doesn't react with itself then perhaps with other materials. Probably not picky...
Although in this molecule there are conjugations possible, so it will be a terribly nasty polymerization. If you're gonna synth in vivo crapola, at least make a decent homopolymer.

It's a really obvious substitution, any time you see an allyl like in AL-LAD or 5-MeO-DALT, the vinyls must have been considered. Although granted there it's N-substitutions. Rarely you find something simple and brilliant that makes you wonder why it hasn't been done before. This is not such a time.

By the way if anything it approximates a psilocin / 4-MeO-DMT bioisostere, not one of DMT, even though it is an analogue / derivative of DMT. And since psilocin doesn't need a helping hand for oral activation, you would be left only with general RC novelty.

I'd rather just see them make 5-halo-DMT.

Last edited: