View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-subs combo to replicate shrooms

psykedenlitenment

Bluelighter
As the title suggests, I have been toying with the idea of creating an ultra combo, using ratios, to make something that has more of the overall effect of mushrooms. I haven't tried all my materials yet, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this thought, worked on it, et cetera.

I remember returing to Bluelight about 6 or so years ago & one of my first questons was, "Are there any RCs that reproduce the mushroom effect?".

Yeah, I tried a few combos in low doses. As a prelude to the experiment, I decided to see if mini doses of various 4-subs produced the same kind of light stimulation that a dose of 5 or 6 fresh, large Semilanceata produces. I tried 2 & 3 mg doses of 4-ho-met, 4-ho-mipt (& 4-aco-mipt) & 4-aco-dmt. All produced an hour of nausea & no other effects.

I became pretty confident with 5mg doses of all the 4-subs I had, except 4-aco-dmt which I had less of at the time. Once I knew my way around 5mg doses of each compound I tried combos using 4-ho-met as a base, & adding differing 4-subs to it. 4-ho-met was taken in 5mg doses, & a further 5mg of one or other of the above compounds was taken on top. They all produced fairly similar effects & I put this down to the low doses. The only difference was that a 10mg dose of 4-ho-met alone produced a slight adrenergic tail that the combos did not produce.

I might restock one day & have another go at this, with higher doses, but my initial conclusion was that it may not be possible to reproduce exactly the effects of a magic mushroom experience using the small selection of 4-subs to which I had access at the time. Fortunately, I find the effects produced by 4-ho-met an entirely satisfying replacement for a shroom trip all on it's own, at the proper 10mg-30mg dose.

Bear in mind I have quite the major sensitivity to psychedelics & pretty much all drugs. 30mg of 4-ho-met, for instance, knocks my socks off!

Well, I reckon 4-aco-dmt is probably the closest RC to psilocin, so that'd be a good starting point. I think the chemicals that set shrooms aside from pure psilocin are baeocystin and norbaeocystin. I'm not sure what available RC would come closest to those in effects though (I guess you could count them as RCs themselves, but I haven't seen them for sale anywhere)

I believe, as a known analogue on Psilocybin, Baeocystin is already illegal.

I too have not ever seen a synthetic version of Baeocystin. The shroom species that produces the best trips (ime) are those with a higher than average quotient of Baeocystin.

The past couple months I have been experimenting with 4-AcO-Dmt. An experience mushroom user can distinguish some of the differences. But i do have to say it's quite an enjoyable experience for the most part. I had IV'd about 50mg's and had a complete spiritual epiphany and one of the most visual trips. the only thing i can compare it to would be smoking a hit or 2 of DMT before you "breakthrough", but only it lasted a couple hours instead of 15 minutes. It's a very colorful drug, when taking smaller, recommended doses not much depth to it mentally. Very similar for the most part.

I should mention there is, for me at least, a little bit of body discomfort. I highly advocate this for being a good research chemical to replace mushrooms. 2 I'm very interested in trying (I tried one my friend had got, but i don't know if it was the acetoxy substitue or hydroxy) are 4-HO-MET and 4-AcO-MET. Very colorful, and very funny at a 40 mg oral dose (I am 150 lbs, 68 kgs)

EDIT: the 4-AcO-DMT has a very similar experience, but i personally didn't have the chronic laughter i do when coming up on mushrooms, the 4-HO/4-AcO-MET i did (not to mention it also has a little less of the body discomfort). I'd assume a decent 2:1 ratio of MET to DMT combo would be a decent experience. They should effect all the same receptors so be careful when it comes to dosing, I personally have always needed more of a substance when it comes to ones that effect the 5ht2a and other serotonin receptors than my friends. they can get high on a half cut of gold caps and i need at least a cut for slightly above baseline trip. So don't take my dosage and apply it to yourself

Last edited:
To replicate psilocin only I would go with the 4acodmt. Its speculated that it is converted into psilocin during ingestion (a prodrug), but some report that it is active on its own. At any rate its marvelous on its own. A friend and I took an oral dose of approximately 40-60 mg ( no scale, just eyeballed) and walked around an art museum for 4 hours. Was magical. I'm of the opinion though that RCs shouldn't be used to replicate other drugs, and that RCS should be respected in their own light, but that's just me. Any who, I'd say by itself 4 aco is gonna be the closest u can get to shrooms.

I'm not sure it would resemble shrooms but on the topic of 4-sub-tryps I always felt as though 4-ho-mipt and 4-ho-dipt offered complementary experiences. Both seem to have certain aspects that the other lacks. I think that they could make a good combination, I never got around to trying it myself though.

4-ho-met covers it in my experience from reports from new and moderate magic mushroom users. 4mipt doesnt much bet help i guess//

I'm of the opinion though that RCs shouldn't be used to replicate other drugs, and that RCS should be respected in their own light, but that's just me. Any who, I'd say by itself 4 aco is gonna be the closest u can get to shrooms.

my opinion on this is you can create meth various ways, and the outcome is always a slight or far variable

Maybe my hypothesis/understanding of Shulgin's work is incorrect. I thought he was trying to isolate all the existing alkaloids.Was he truly inventing molecules? Also, the main effect I was thinking of looking for is the 'exasperated laughter'; laughter that happens as you're yawning, trying to catch your breath (which isn't really gone). I have access to shrooms and many of the 4-subs. Thanks all for your replies!!

I plan on dosing 20mg of 4-aco-dmt with 10mg of 4-aco-met tomorrow, so I will let you know about that...

Why limit yourself to the 4 subs? When shulgin made 2c-d, he described it as psychedelic tofu. It has little flavor of its own but is great as a kind of filler. My mind says that 4-aco-dmt and dpt would theoretically work, despite the difference in duration. Dpt has the mental game, and 4-aco coverts all your other bases for the most part. Maybe a 2c or other tryptamines to get your giggles right and there you go. I probably wouldn't reccomend this though because it could get downright crazy.

Never personally tried dpt but I think a 2:5 aco to dpt ratio for oral consumption would be a good starting point

Not too sure about this. DPT is much more unpredictable in individual dosage than anything else I've tried. Similar doses insufflated produce similar experiences but similar oral doses seems to have a wide degree of variance.