• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

4-Methylaminorex (4-MAR) Nootropic & Creativity

paracelsius

Bluelighter
I have been fascinated by this unique class of stims for a while. Here is what MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelics Studies) has to say re: 4-MAR
"4-methyl aminorex produces a very long-lasting experience of about sixteen hours that is characterized by an increase in attention and an enhanced ability to recall, analyze and process information. What distinguishes 4-methyl aminorex from other substances like caffeine and nicotine, which also have these effects though to a lesser degree, is its effect on emotions. The 4-methyl aminorex experience resembles a low dose of MDMA in that it helps alleviate anxiety. 4-methyl aminorex enhances that aspect of intellectual work that questions, probes and explores the unknown. Some users are reporting that it helps remove 'writer's block'." MAPS
Anybody who tried 4-MAR noticed increase in creativity like the type MAPS are talking about. Not only standard stim like attention focus..etc. More like a psychedelics type increase in creativity ie "thinking outside the box" "seeing the big picture" "questioning probing the unknown"..etc. Could 4-MAR also have some 5-HT2a activity like standard psychs? Or could that be due to 5-HT release??

I have always wanted to try 4-MAR, but I've never come across it or met anyone who has.

^ won't blame you. It is quite obscure as far as RCs go. it was available in some Dutch headshops until now that Dutch also putting blanket ban on RCs. but imo they're overlooked especially 4-MAR. pretty unique class among stims/psych/empathogens: not quite MDMA or meth/cathinones, coke or psychs. really different experiences!

My vendor send me a sample with 4f-mar. Anyone else experience with that?
My sample is a snow white powder, don't burn and the upcoming is really smooth (25mg nasal) It feels like meth without that nervous touch.
After some beer I eyballed a orally dosis (really dumb idea) the orally upcoming feels similar to a highdose mdma, extremely bodyload, i startet to roll my eyes, i saw everything blurred (if I close 1 eye I can see clear, highdose mdma has the same effect) after the upcoming it feeled like a 5h 3mmc peak with an smooth euphoric afterglow. After that I tried to sleep with 5ml bdo but the bdo don't knocked me out. Now (53h after the first 25mg) I'm still not tired. I don't have a downphase, anxiety or something else. The only thing I have is always the same train of thought.
The orally dosis was way to much and had gone fatality wrong.

I hope it's not to hard to read my English is not that good.

4-MAR has a bad reputation among drug chemists. It's easy to synthesize from benzaldehyde via the Akabori reaction and so it has been a common target over the decades. However it also has a steep dose-response curve and an interminable half-life which leads to a high risk of overdose and "stringing out".

The parent compound, aminorex, is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor. 4-MAR may replicate this effect. The analogue 4,4'-DMAR killed dozens of people when it was an RC five years ago:
Substitution of a 4-methyl onto stimulants typically increases serotonin receptor affinity at least relative to other receptors, which supports the hypothesis that the severe toxicity of 4-DMAR resembles the toxicity of PMA.

As such the stimulation and mild mood lift of 4-MAR might be well-explained by its being a NDRA and also a MAO-A inhibitor, the latter leading to an increase in serotonin that, consistent with user reports, does not diminish quickly as the intoxication subsides (because enzyme inhibition actually increases the number of serotonin molecules in the body rather than just moving them around).

^ too bad, these compounds class (aminorex, 4-MAR, 4,4'DMAR) and seem pretty excellent functional stims.. deaths associated with 4,4'DMAR (all in ireland) were not clear if it was due to 4,4-DMAR: in all cases, there were more than drug involved+plasma level doses involved were some 10X normal dose. I agree tho: being MAOI, it is extremely dangerous to mix with LOTS of other drugs! iirc the parent aminorex (and even 4-MAR) doesnt have this problem. Issues with those 2 is pulmonary hypertension developing after chronic use. Chronic as in diet aminorex pill people were taken back then daily for months on end!!!!

My vendor send me a sample with 4f-mar. Anyone else experience with that?
My sample is a snow white powder, don't burn and the upcoming is really smooth (25mg nasal) It feels like meth without that nervous touch.
After some beer I eyballed a orally dosis (really dumb idea) the orally upcoming feels similar to a highdose mdma, extremely bodyload, i startet to roll my eyes, i saw everything blurred (if I close 1 eye I can see clear, highdose mdma has the same effect) after the upcoming it feeled like a 5h 3mmc peak with an smooth euphoric afterglow. After that I tried to sleep with 5ml bdo but the bdo don't knocked me out. Now (53h after the first 25mg) I'm still not tired. I don't have a downphase, anxiety or something else. The only thing I have is always the same train of thought.
The orally dosis was way to much and had gone fatality wrong.

I hope it's not to hard to read my English is not that good.
Ok you say you took too much would you next time just take half or a third I have some from a friend but we wanted to do our research first of course. Is there anything else you can tell me. This is a good start no doubt and thank u.

^ too bad, these compounds class (aminorex, 4-MAR, 4,4'DMAR) and seem pretty excellent functional stims.. deaths associated with 4,4'DMAR (all in ireland) were not clear if it was due to 4,4-DMAR: in all cases, there were more than drug involved+plasma level doses involved were some 10X normal dose. I agree tho: being MAOI, it is extremely dangerous to mix with LOTS of other drugs! iirc the parent aminorex (and even 4-MAR) doesnt have this problem. Issues with those 2 is pulmonary hypertension developing after chronic use. Chronic as in diet aminorex pill people were taken back then daily for months on end!!!!
Any advice with 4f-mar is appreciated guys these threads are making me want to tread light and slow that's what I'm going to do go 10 mg work up slow.

I have been fascinated by this unique class of stims for a while. Here is what MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelics Studies) has to say re: 4-MAR

Anybody who tried 4-MAR noticed increase in creativity like the type MAPS are talking about. Not only standard stim like attention focus..etc. More like a psychedelics type increase in creativity ie "thinking outside the box" "seeing the big picture" "questioning probing the unknown"..etc. Could 4-MAR also have some 5-HT2a activity like standard psychs? Or could that be due to 5-HT release??
Ok thanks 😊 you all I'm getting ready to take 10mg of 4f-mar with that and only that if anyone has more advice I want it

I liked ,4F4MAR. Although it wasn't anything special. Maybe I didn't take a high enough dose (all nasal in the 10-20mg range).
Definitely a stimulant band probably bmore functional than recreational.

I have seen 4F-MAR on various markets lately, after reading the MAPS report its certainly sparked my interest. I find most stimulants to significantly hinder my creative thinking ability, as though I become so formulaic in my actions that I couldn't possibly come up with an original thought. The long duration puts me off slightly.
I would love to hear some feedback regarding 4F-MAR.

I am an absolute 4-MAR whore I would fuck for 4mar