• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 4-MC (4-methylcathinone / nor-mephedrone)

GRNBTTSTY

Bluelighter
So as I do sometimes I was browsing through the various RC vendors I have access to just checking their inventory for anything new that might have popped up and I come across this; 4-MC otherwise known as Nor-Mephedrone. I can find absolutely no information on it. Below is all the information that I have about it. Has anyone heard anything about this?

9000940.png

Names: 2-amino-1-(4-methylphenyl)-1-propanone, 2-amino-1-p-tolyl-propan-1-one, 4-MC, Nor-Mephedrone

CAS: 6941-17-9

interesting :) wonder if this what they were meaning a month or 2 ago when rumors of a new 4mmc analogue were floating about

Cathinones with primary amines are incredibly unstable. If I recall correctly the Ketone/Amines of adjacent molecules form a dimer in a condensation reaction. That's why beta-ketone 2C-x drugs haven't been synthed and the all RC cathinones are have secondary amines.

This is the reaction I'm thinking of, but I could be horribly wrong.

y9uPuwc.png

Last edited:
I'm sorry cannibalsnail, I'm new to chemistry. I'm highly interested and I'm trying to learn but I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. Are you saying substituted cathinones are unstable so they will lose potency quickly or that they will combine with radical elements of their environment and become something nasty or will that happen in vitro?

Essentially 1 molecule of 4-MC would combine (unless constantly kept cool) with another while you store it to produce 1 molecule of water + the combined 4-MCs. The new molecule is definitely inactive, and its toxicity is unknown. This effect only applies to cathinones with an unsubstituted amine (if you see NH3) whereas something like methylone has a methyl (CH3) group on the amine which protects it from this reaction.

Essentially any cathinone without a carbon group on the amine will fairly rapidly deteriorate into a slightly damp mush while it sits in your baggy.

If kept cold and incredibly dry it might be stable, the ACMD report on khat indicates it could exist as a synthetic product but recognises its instability within the plant. I don't think that's really achievable for the average layman though.

It might physically look like somewhat MPA but the structure would be nothing like it, as cannibalsnail points out.

Is 4methylcathinone not just methcathinone? If not at what position is methcathinone methylated? Or have I misunderstood.

Methyl is if something works longer no? But the main opinion is that there can be nothing like 4mc. And even if there is, it is probably some other chemical or it is non effective substance and the vendor tries to rip off the people?

Anyway I have the substance in front of me. But am bit worried as there is no research results before. How to dose? Is there any tough vasoconstriction to be expected? Its pure white powder like cristals. No distinctive smell. On the finger it looks like some shiny make up stuff which some girls put on when they go out at night if you understand what I mean. It has a very light bitter taste but nothing like 3mmc or 4mmc which would burn on the tongue. No numbing effects. Dunno what else can I say about it?

if I were you I would take 10mg oral and observe. try 20mg tomorrow. wait a couple days and try 30 until you become familiar with its effects. why buy it if your just going to stare at it?

if I were you I would take 10mg oral and observe. try 20mg tomorrow. wait a couple days and try 30 until you become familiar with its effects. why buy it if your just going to stare at it?

I didn't buy any. I was just curious about it and didn't see a thread so I started one. Lol.

I think it's safe to say that if it really is 4-MC then it will share many effects and properties with mephedrone, and the threshold dose is likely to be around 50mg.

Anyway I have the substance in front of me. But am bit worried as there is no research results before. How to dose? Is there any tough vasoconstriction to be expected? Its pure white powder like cristals. No distinctive smell. On the finger it looks like some shiny make up stuff which some girls put on when they go out at night if you understand what I mean. It has a very light bitter taste but nothing like 3mmc or 4mmc which would burn on the tongue. No numbing effects. Dunno what else can I say about it?

If anyone's tried this, please let us know how it went!

I didn't buy any. I was just curious about it and didn't see a thread so I started one. Lol.

talking to vika. "I have this substance in front of me.. what do I do?" lol

I bet the proper dose is around 100 mg for this, nasal at least.

I am sorry but I had some terrible nights with "allodromy" (its called like that I guess). So I need some time to recover if ever. Hope to solve it with Magnesium and Kalium and whatever is good for the Heart. If someone knows a remedy let me know.
I hope I will be ok till the weekend and I can give a first report.

It dissolves fast in warm water so should be ok for nasal. I wont bomb a substance which I dont know.

This is the reaction I'm thinking of, but I could be horribly wrong.

y9uPuwc.png

The product of your reaction should have double (imine) bonds at the nitrogens. Also, for that reaction to take place, you have to have basic (pH>7) reaction conditions. The hydrochloride salt of 4-methylcathinone should be fairly stable. Also, back to the imine bonds, water (as in liquids in your stomach) convert them back to ketones and primary amines.

I wish this whole nor-methcathinones are unstable myth would die. However, I have heard of cathinone degrading to phenylpropanolamine (cathine) in the leaves of the khat plant. I don't know if that is accurate or not, however. Certainly, cathinone reductase will do that in your brain, but not before you get high.