View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-Ho-NMT

Morninggloryseed

Bluelight Crew
What are your experiences with this? It looks like it is inactive. I've seen a report here with minimal effects, and through private communications, I know of a person who IMed 10mg and found no activity. It is interesting since baeocystin is supposidly active at 10mg...and one would think that baeocystin is dephosphoroxylated in the body to 4-Ho-NMT as is the case with psilocybin. What does it all mean? Is the report of baeocystin dubious? Or is the idea of psilocybin metabolism wrong?

psilandbaeo.bmp

the pathway for the cleavage of the PO bond is alkaline phosphatase

It is not entirely inactive (I'm the one who reported minimal effects after 10mg oral and 5mg insuffated). My 4-ho-NMT required the addition of acid to make it soluble in water for injection, did your friend do this?

4-ho-NMT may be much more influential in combination with psilocin than it is alone. Manic energy and idiomotor effects were pronounced when I combined the two. Over the weekend I did psilocin alone (4mg IM, 6mg oral, 4mg insufflated over an hour) and found it to be much smoother and relaxing than the first time, even though I expected that the 4-ho-NMT had little to no influence on it. After the oral dose plateaued I IM'd 5mg of 4-ho-NMT to see what influence it would have, if any. After 10 minutes nothing had changed and I started to think my first experience was a fluke. The whole time I was waiting for the 4-ho-NMT to come on I was sitting down. Upon getting up and walking I began to feel compulsions to contort my arms, legs, and neck in strange jerking or rolling motions just like last time. The manic energy and idiomotor movement was not as pronouced as it was with 10mg oral and 5mgs insufflated 4-ho-NMT with just 8mg psilocin insufflated (at once, over an hour after the 4-ho-NMT), suggesting that the 4-ho-NMT requires psilocin to produce the effect, but is itself responsible for the brunt of it. (I'll also mention that during the first experience there was a reflexive swallowing effect whose speed and irresistibility was directly proportional to the coldness of the liquid I drank.) This continued for the next two or so hours, but would stop when I sat back down to watch a DVD. I don't think it was a placebo effect because the spastic movements (which were accompanied by an extremely giddy sensation) would occur even when I was immersed in thought with no expectation of the movements occurring, so long as I was already in motion. I'm interested to know if anyone else tried the combo and each alone, and noticed similar effects. I've only done this twice and it's possible that the second time the idiomotor effects of the psilocin were simply delayed and just happened to coincide with the injection of 4-ho-NMT, or that the phenomenon is entirely idiosyncratic.

I'll be curious to hear about any influence this chemical (nitrocin) has on one's respiratory system, as this is the theorized method of action (respiratory depression) which killed the 4 year old (7 yo?) kid who ate the baeocystin mushies.

I tried 4-ho-nmt. My experimentation was done while under the influence of 20 mg AMT via IM injection, so effects could have been masked to some degree. 10 mg IM 4-ho-nmt produced no noticable effects whatsoever. After that failure, I tried 4 mg IV. This caused a wave of muscle tightness, but little to no apparent mental effects. A slight effect could have been overshadowded by the AMT, but it certainly was nothing like the effect that would be had from 4 mg IV 4-ho-dmt.

After the disappointment with 4-ho-nmt, I went on to try a full dose of DPT for the first time ... which blew my socks off! ... and the rest of my clothes too!! 8o Good thing this was a solo trip. ;)

There was no respiratory depression with 4-ho-nmt ... I have my doubts as to the accuracy of the source mentioned above.

Some vendor just go this chemical... or is getting it along with DOC. The nxt few months should be fun...

morninggloryseed said:
I bet an MAOI would make it active.
If an MAOI would make it active, why did the IM and IV route not show at least a hint of activity (other than the muscle tightness)?

Are there other tryptamines that are not active at all with any route until a MAOI is introduced?

And, Dondante, you seem to be having quite a string of good trips lately! Nice man! :)

^^"Good" might not be the best word to describe my recent trips, besides 2C-T-7. I'll eventually get around to posting a report on my first experience of the summer.

I have a feeling that 4-ho-nmt is having trouble crossing the BBB. If it's not active via IV injection, it's not going to be active with an MAOI. I'd like to see a GCMS of this batch however, because this is quite unexpected.

I wonder if taking piracetam with it will help, the racetams supposedly lowers the inhibition of the BBB (this is one reason they are contradicted with alcohol).

I would think that 4-HO-NMT would fair better than Psilocybin with MAOI because the secondary amine should have enhanced H-Bonding with the Hydroxyl Group at the four position.
Although, maybe the fact that it is not N,N-Dialkylated has something to do with its binding affinity?

Last edited: