• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines 4-HO-MET kidney problems?

My only experience with 4-HO MET has been Dutch " Psilocibium " tablets at 20mg dosage . Twice .
Negative aspects were very increased salivation and some nausea that lasted an hour or so . But a very uncomfortable gut feeling persisted for many hours , even after eating a large meal .
Next time [ if there is a next time ] ,I will not be dosing on an empty gut ; hoping that may help ....

I'm glad you bumped this thread as I almost forgot to share my most recent experience with what I strongly believe was kidney pain linked to Metocin. So a couple days ago I started out with 80mgs of plugged aMT and was having a fucking blast but at around t+6 hours the trip was already coming down so I administered 30mgs of 4-ho-met and within 30 minutes by back was killing me, a mix of dull aches and sharp pains along with periods of constant urination and urinary retention. This may have been a case of extreme back tension but I'm not sure I believe so as I've never had back tension so bad, I also drank some kratom and popped an etizolam to ease any tension but it wasn't too effective. I drank tons of water throughout the experience and my back felt better and better as the trip waned down, I don't know what to think of this. I should also add that when my back felt better I continued my journey with some 2c-c and 5-apb (I know, pretty stupid) with no problems.

Last edited:
I feel I must share my experience. Unfortunately, about 5 years ago, I took Ketamine regularly and this led to some bladder issues. Nothing too bad thank god - some have had their bladders removed! - but uncomfortable enough for me to go do something about it to improve my quality of living.

Every time I take a trip, these bladder issues get exacerbated times ten. I basically feel like I can never fully empty my bladder. So much so I have to be careful where I trip. If there aren't nice clean bathrooms in the place, I'll be weary of tripping - on top of this, I do have some urinary retention when tripping.

A lot of these people producing trip reports have taken a lot of things in their life. There are many ways to get bladder or kidney issues with drugs, particularly those of the illegal kind. See my point?

I'm glad you bumped this thread as I almost forgot to share my most recent experience with what I strongly believe was kidney pain linked to Metocin. So a couple days ago I started out with 80mgs of plugged aMT and was having a fucking blast but at around t+6 hours the trip was already coming down so I administered 30mgs of 4-ho-met and within 30 minutes by back was killing me, a mix of dull aches and sharp pains along with periods of constant urination and urinary retention. This may have been a case of extreme back tension but I'm not sure I believe so as I've never had back tension so bad, I also drank some kratom and popped an etizolam to ease any tension but it wasn't too effective. I drank tons of water throughout the experience and my back felt better and better as the trip waned down, I don't know what to think of this. I should also add that when my back felt better I continued my journey with some 2c-c and 5-apb (I know, pretty stupid) with no problems.

Have you considered the possibility that your mind could have created the conditions for you to feel those pains? Certainly after some of the posts here, I could understand how this could happen. Don't underestimate the power of the mind...

Have you considered the possibility that your mind could have created the conditions for you to feel those pains? Certainly after some of the posts here, I could understand how this could happen. Don't underestimate the power of the mind...

That was definately not it, I've taken 4-ho-met several times alone and have had no issues so I truely thought that 4-ho-met was as harmless as other 4-subs which have never caused any problem, even when in combination with aMT so my mindset was extremely positive when I took the combo as some of my best psychedelic experiences have been with 4-aco-dmt and aMT, which is also why I took a dose as high as 30mgs of metocin.I consider myself very experienced with psychedelics and never had I sharp pains and very frequent urination, I'm talking full bladder fulls every 15 minutes followd by extreme urinary pressure and retention. It wasn't till I got up to refill my water that I felt strong sharp back pains in which I remembered the possibility that these problems have been mentioned. Also my muscles werent at all tense as I was in a good mood but I decided to drink kratom (an analgesic) and etizolam which has muscle relaxing properties and that didn't help which would normally make any back tension melt away, etizolam also took away all anxiety so I was surprisingly calm and lucid during the experience. Who know though really...

Edit: I should've mentioned.that I went to the hospital for what I believed were liver pains(turned out to be duodenal ulcers) less than a few months ago and was given full urinalysis and a CT scan and everything checked out ok, I was let go after a couple hours. I still have the papers and to quote it " liver is homogenous in attenuation' spleen is unremarkabe, kidneys demonstrate symmetrical function, normal appearenc of pancreas and other things, all positive so I doubt my kidney function went south within a few monts doing just about the same drugs before the CT scan. Anyways what happened was temporary as I woke up drained bjut with no back pain, just residual urinary retention that lasted until the late evening woke up today fine, just still sorta drained with energy which is common for me when abusing SRA's.

Last edited:
Hey man, I get quite a lot of muscular tension in the back of the neck on the come-up, my gf as well, and last time I got a headache that lasted for 2 days (17,5 mg 4-ho-met fumarate). I also have cramps in the muscle between thumb and index since then. It's been weeks. Could be unrelated but I've never had this before.

Sounds like impure batch maybe?

Last edited:
I've never done 4-HO-MET but I've had a lot of experience with 4-AcO-MET and never ever had any liver or kidney pains ever. Sometimes I do get some muscle tension in the neck and back but I get that with most psychedelics.

Only consumed this substance 2x at semi-low doses. (15mg and 20mg respectively)By far the least body load and physical discomfort of any psych I have ever tried synthetic or otherwise. Very gentle.

Know this is an old thread but thought I'd add my 2c since it doesn't seem mentioned here - I've found bodyload, including tension in the muscles in various parts of the body, feeling very uncomfortable and unable to sit at ease etc to be related to anxiety in trips with tryptamines (in particular, 4-HO-DMT (Psilocin), 4-HO-MET, 4-AcO-DMT), when anxious I've often had unwanted tension all over during my trips, and small physical pains or annoyances that were present before tripping would then be amplified to things that would disrupt the whole trip.

Mind over matter, if you're in a good mindset and don't have any such issues before the trip then I don't think you have any need to expect such pains/issues. :)

Just thought I'd add something.

I had my kidney functioning tested 3 days ago (creatinine clearance urine/plasma ratio), plasma potassium levels and other metabolic etc's. I have this done from one to 6 times a year (I've had kidney failure for ~ 12 years so this is something I take seriously). I abuse mushrooms, 4-AcO-DMT and 4-AcO-MET. I had kidney functioning measured in November/13 and January/14; no change since then. Potassium levels were slightly elevated, as they were previously.

Personally I'm convinced that the *pure* tryptamines are not a health threat to/for me. Contaminated/bad batches are another guess entirely. That's a crap shoot.

There were tremoring/muscle tension issues with 4-HO-DiPT, which I've not touched in over a year.

Tom

I have been using sometimes 4-HO-MET from different vendors and also i have experienced kidney pain, slightly in the trip, mostly day or two after. My kidneys must be sensitive for it, also this happens with 1P-LSD, but i mix them with dck/ketamine maybe that's the case. Now it's getting more intense with every use, i guess i can't use this kind of psychodelics anymore. But i have had beautiful trips. After only keta/dck never had any pain during use or days after, maybe slight headache. I have healthy diet and i do alot of sport so i know my body is in fine condition, i do outcompete most of sober people.

Last edited:
People have gone up to 150mg with this chem and Ive never heard of any problems associated with its use. Didnt had any physical problems from it, too.

I've taken 4-HO-MET perhaps 50 times, at doses up to 80mg. Tan powder, fumerate. Never noticed anything in this regard.

Ive taken enough to stun a charging silverback gorilla and never noticed anything.

I’m in the camp that gets pretty heavy sweating and chills/heats on even low doses of Metocin.
But it’s one of the most fun, so i endure!

There was a bad batch going round at one time - a chinese bloke fell in the 4-ho-met vat and by the time they got to him he was just a skeleton. They said "Fuck it" and carried on with that batch - but people do say they can hear the cry of a chinese man when they take it.

I believe they also retrieved his brouges, which were later handed to his mother..