Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-HO-MET fumarate 1st time, question about dosage

Shaal

Bluelighter
Hi guys,

I'm soon going to try 4-HO-MET for the first time. It's the fumarate salt. I have no tolerance at all.

I read in another thread (http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/721374-4-ho-met-fum-vs-hcl) that "Fumarate is about 75% as potent as HCl, increase your dosage by around 33% to compensate. 15mg HCl is about equal to 20mg of fumarate."

I was wondering then if the doses indicated on erowid were for the HCl or fumarate salt? Apparently the fumarate salt is more common.

So I was thinking about trying 15 mg (referring to the doses indicated on erowid). Should I take 20 mg instead? Depends on what the doses are for on erowid...

Thanks!

I think you would be fine at 20mgs, but if you're nervous at all you may want to stick with 15mgs. I have a very hard time imagining a bad trip on this chem. The most I've used without a tolerance was 80mgs of high quality hcl(not recomended btw)which was a blast. The only thing I dislike about this one is how nervous I get on the come up, but that lasts for an hour at most( half hour if you insufflated it). Just make sure you don't do what I tend to do and pop a benzo during the come up. It helps with the anxiety( that would've gone away in a few minutes) but dulls the lrest of the trip.

Last edited:
Thanks!

I've been reading various reports, in most of which people dose between 12 mg and 17 mg (but most times they don't write which salt it was...), mostly with nice effects.

I guess since this is my first time maybe I should be wise and start with 15 mg.

It certainly couldn't hurt to start low-ish like that, no. I would always recommend that unless there is a good deal to say that it is not necessary. The impatience I see some people having doesn't ever really seem like a decent reason to me, but an absolutely great set & setting, extensive experience with tripping and confidence in the safety and quality of the material, those together can be a reason to say that even an unexpectedly strong reaction can be afforded.

For me 4-HO-MET feels much more forgiving than mushrooms or even synthetic 4-HO-DMT. But in the past it could still be intense for me (mostly intensely beautiful that is). I've gone up as high as 20 mg + another 20 mg redropped on top of that.

I really want to revisit it and it is high on my to do list together with DOC, but unfortunately I've been sick a lot lately and I can't get round to stuff.

^Yeah I took 15mgs( half of a 30mg cap) in the penthouse suit on top of a fancy ass hotel for my first time. I ended up doing the other 15 as soon as the come up was over. Something else I find intresting is how oral doses seem to be stronger than nasal as the dose gets higher. I won't sniff anything more than 20mgs. I went through 750mgs of insufflated 4-AcO-DMT before a poster here ( bloodshed344?) Told me how much more intense oral doses are. Boy was he right, I tried 60mgs on an empty stomach and had an immersive experience. If the chance ever presents itself try combining ~30mgs of both 4-ho-met and 4-aco-dmt, add just a touch of mxe to smooth out the come up= My personal Heaven
Sorry for derailing your thread a bit.

Last edited:
@Solipsis, the set and setting will be great (alone with my gf in a house by the sea side, mostly nature there), an occasion I get pretty rarely. I am actually keeping 4-HO-MET for this occasion. I keep the 2C-D for the city tripping. ;)

@Oh ROXIanne!, no worries. :)

As for the tests, I'm going to do 100 micrograms (assuming it's BDFLY), then 1 mg (assuming it's a DO-X), then last test at 7,5 mg. That's half the intended dose (except if I decide to go for 20 mg), and if I'm not wrong it could reveal something more potent, for example 2C-P (which would be pretty hard to distinguish from other chems at lower doses, but would not be safe at 15 mg straight. I could probably also differentiate at 10 mg). What I mean is that 7,5 mg 4-HO-MET would give a threshold/light exp. VS. a common 2C-P exp.; while 5 mg 4-HO-MET would give a threshold/light exp. VS. a light 2C-P exp. (thus not differentiable). (At 10mg it's light/common for 4-HO-MET VS. common/strong for 2C-P).

Do you guys see any issue with that testing procedure?

Last edited: