View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-HO-MET first time: Exceeded Expectations

sin_is_synthetic

Bluelighter
Unfortunately I wasn't able to do a standard TR since I was on the hiking trails and couldn't document myself properly, but 4-HO-MET was more of an eye opener than I was expecting.

After I regent tested the material and results came back correct:

Popped ~13 mg on a hiking trail I know very well-and has very few people on it during the week.

The first thing that struck me on the come up was something that I haven't gotten from psilocybin or 4-aco-DMT, an extremely pleasurable body buzz that bordered on feeling "roll"-y and electric. Different than 5-meo-MIPT but had some similarities.

Trees definitely had that tryptamine look- almost witch-y or alien. Houses along the trail took the look as well. The body high was almost so intense I could barely walk-I wasn't hallucinating as much as I though, some contortion of the earth and breathing of shadows. But honestly the body high was so strong that it was good my visual field was normal enough to compose myself in public. I found my eyes to be able to lock on isolated objects in the distance and freeze frame on them-one orange leaf on a distant branch swaying in the breeze, for example. Music was lush and full.

As far as color spectrum shifts- greens were deliciously vibrant. The empathogenic nature of the experience was especially noted when I made my way to a lake deeply saturated in blues-and almost broke down in emotion. At points on the trail I would daydream and it was almost like stepping into a dream/visualization but would quickly pull myself back to focus on my trek.

At 4 hours I made my way home feeling like I was down...but upon hitting some cannabis I went into tripping possibly harder than I was at what I thought was the peak- the total experience with the a very,very strong afterglow lasted close to 9 hours which surprised me because I read so much about 4-HO's short duration.

The afterglow blew me away as well. Extremely creative- I couldn't stop creating artwork, editing photos, writing, etc. It was like being in a constant flow state.

Definitely curious about higher levels to see what this can bring visually but that being said, I was more blown away than I expected. Very cleansing material, with deep emotional connections-definitely not the "eye-candy but no depth" reviews I have seen online. I look forward to working more with this one for it's creative potential..and yes plenty of depth at least in my experience.

Yep, 4-HO-MET is one of my all-time favorites, right up there with LSD. :) I've only taken it up to around 25 mg, which is a great dosage, but I'd love to see what happens at higher dosages. My friend loved it at 50 mg.

The afterglow blew me away as well. Extremely creative- I couldn't stop creating artwork, editing photos, writing, etc. It was like being in a constant flow state.

Totally... 4-HO-MET gives me the most euphoric afterglow I've ever experienced from a psychedelic, hands down.

Yeah, very nice, sin_is_synthetic! :D

I too had very meaningful trips with this chem and I confirm the "rolly" feeling about it - thats probably why a lot of people would consider it shallow - it is euphoric and not very demanding of introspection (like mushrooms or 4-AcO-DMT might be), you can easily enjoy pretty much any activity with 4-HO-MET, it's a very versatile psychedelic IMO. A friend of mine loves skateboarding on it! %)

I've got a bunch of this sitting in my closet, somehow didn't get around to doing more than a little 10mg test dose with some buddies this summer. Was fun, but i can definitely tell there is a lot more to offer at higher doses.

I've got a bunch of this sitting in my closet, somehow didn't get around to doing more than a little 10mg test dose with some buddies this summer. Was fun, but i can definitely tell there is a lot more to offer at higher doses.

*taken from another post of mine and edited. *
" I've had "contact" with doses as low as 40 mg. Although it's more "recreational" than 4 ACO DMT and 4 ho DMT it is not to be underestimated.

That being said, and I would highly nor recommend this, I recently took 8 22 mg capsules orally and for lack of better words, I died. I had lost all concept of who I was. All barriers were removed and I just was. Visuals were on par with a 5 Meo DMT break though. Took me close to three days to remember who I was, what I normally did. All judgment and perceived social norms were out of the door. I knew no stereotypes. It was weird man. To say the least.

If you are not experienced I would highly suggest that you do not go higher than 80 mg.

Took me a day to remember what my "reality" was and a few more to put all the pieces back in place.

Great experience in the end."

Galeoflight, did you notice any damage after ingesting 176mg of 4-HO-MET? Weird bodily functions, involuntarily limb jerks, pains, chest compression/pains, brain zaps, poor memory recollection time, e.t.c?

I would push it to 60mg but I cannot envision myself taking 176!...8o

Galeoflight, did you notice any damage after ingesting 176mg of 4-HO-MET? Weird bodily functions, involuntarily limb jerks, pains, chest compression/pains, brain zaps, poor memory recollection time, e.t.c?

I would push it to 60mg but I cannot envision myself taking 176!...8o

I think I'll do a trip report about it next time i do

I noticed alot of tension in my body. It felt as if my whole body was vibrating, kinda like right before you break through on DMT, but slightly more subtle and lasting the duration of the trip.
Breathing was difficult, i was clearly breathing but could not feel myself breathing and kept checking my breath in a mirror. This only lasted during the come up. I already have issues breathing anyways so that could have led to this.
Memory seems fine, i remember most of what happened during the trip (for what i could tell). During the peek i was laying in bed. At least before hand. I was "in a different realm" during the peak and couldn't recognize my room at all. Honesty not sure if i had my eyes closed or open. My ex said i was in bed the whole time though. Or at least she didn't notice me get up.

I get brain zaps on a regular bases cause i have neurons that miss fire and pretty much any psychedelic amplifies these. Typically when i get stuck in thought loops and then the "zap" brings me back to "regular" thought paths

The only thing that remained after the trip was i literally had to rebuild the walls to my "ego". Im not sure how to describe it other that what i have posted before. Over the course of three days i started to feel "normal"

That's definitely a heroic dose..I'm still inching up-I went up 10 mg to 23 mg and will go up to 33-35 next time around. 23 was still rather gentle, it's possible there was some tolerance but I gave it a 9 day in between.

I think I'll do a trip report about it next time i do

I noticed alot of tension in my body. It felt as if my whole body was vibrating, kinda like right before you break through on DMT, but slightly more subtle and lasting the duration of the trip.
Breathing was difficult, i was clearly breathing but could not feel myself breathing and kept checking my breath in a mirror. This only lasted during the come up. I already have issues breathing anyways so that could have led to this.
Memory seems fine, i remember most of what happened during the trip (for what i could tell). During the peek i was laying in bed. At least before hand. I was "in a different realm" during the peak and couldn't recognize my room at all. Honesty not sure if i had my eyes closed or open. My ex said i was in bed the whole time though. Or at least she didn't notice me get up.

I get brain zaps on a regular bases cause i have neurons that miss fire and pretty much any psychedelic amplifies these. Typically when i get stuck in thought loops and then the "zap" brings me back to "regular" thought paths

The only thing that remained after the trip was i literally had to rebuild the walls to my "ego". Im not sure how to describe it other that what i have posted before. Over the course of three days i started to feel "normal"

That's definitely a heroic dose..I'm still inching up-I went up 10 mg to 23 mg and will go up to 33-35 next time around. 23 was still rather gentle, it's possible there was some tolerance but I gave it a 9 day in between.

It had been roughly 2 weeks since my last trip. I'm starting micro dosing 4hodmt soon and needed to rid myself of the 4 ho met so what better way right? But yeah i would never recommend it to anyone. Its recreational up untill 60 mg then i feel it has a more "spiritual" or "deep" experience like 4 ho dmt and 4 aco dmt