• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 4-HO-MET dosage

chemicaldiscovery

Bluelighter
I recently got a gram of 4-HO-MET and I have experimented with it twice. My package contained the metocin (and a gram of 2-A1MP) arrived on Wednesday. The milligram scale that I ordered for this experiment wouldn't come until Thursday. I knew that I should wait but I was prepared for my trip and it was just a good day for it as I would be off and run little risk of having to interact with anyone that I didn't want to. After doing an allergy test I insufflated a very small amount of powder. Probably about the size of a BB. After about 5-10 I definitely felt altered and was confident that what I had received was, in fact, what I had ordered. My fiance came home and after discussing it with her and having her agree to be my sitter I bumped a little bit more. Part of my problem stems from not knowing exactly how much I consumed and part of it is being greedy. Let me explain. Whatever it was that I snorted set me into a nice but mild trip. I'd say a solid ++. I was giggling, i had a nice body load, sex was great, and visuals were going pretty good. Later in the evening I bumped some more, roughly the same amount, and this brought me back up a little bit and extended the experience by a few hours. Now this whole time I definitely never passed a ++. But this was my first experiment with this compound and I only wanted to play with it a little bit. This is also part of the reason that I used insufflation as an ROA. I wanted to quickly feel a threshold effect to have an idea of its power and I also wanted some control over duration as I had work the next day. After one day off I tried again. This time using my new milligram scale to measure out 30 mg. I dumped the powder in my mouth and being dissatisfied I took another 18 mg 2 hours later, holding this dose in my mouth for a few min. Then another hour after that I redosed again by insufflating another 18 mg. I barely passed a + if that. Normally I would just say its because I took it 2 days earlier. And that could very well be what was going on. Since, on Wednesday, I had taken what I thought was a low dose and had a mild experience I thought that trying again with a much more heroic dose 2 days later would at least work. Maybe require a double dose or something but I thought it would work. But the amount of powder that I weighed as 30 mg looked significantly less than what I had bumped to start on wednesday. So i also wonder if fridays experiment didnt work because I under dosed. Is it possible that I have a higher starting tolerance to this substance. I have a naturally high tolerance to all drugs including MDMA and shrooms. It is also important to know that I have been consuming 15-30 grams of kratom powder daily for about 2 years. I have definitely noticed that kratom has a limiting effect on at least cannabis if not some other substances as well. I have read of people taking kratom at the end of a trip to mellow the comedown and also kill the end of the trip so perhaps having mitragynine and other alkaloids in my system raises the level of my effective dose? I'm afraid of doubling my dose and it being too much, at the same time 4-Ho-MET is barely mental at all for me compared to other psychs. Sorry that this post is all over the place. Much love.

Last edited:
4-HO-MET is a fairly mild psychedelic to begin with, but what you described sounds like ordinary tolerance. It's typically advisable to wait at least a week for tolerance to go down and to be able to integrate the trip.

Visually I wouldn't says 4-HO-MET is mild. It can produce strong OEV's at even smallish dose and pretty decent CEV's and when dosed high. Mentally I agree, other than some nasty come up anxiety it's pretty chill.

Visually I wouldn't says 4-HO-MET is mild. It can produce strong OEV's at even smallish dose and pretty decent CEV's and when dosed high. Mentally I agree, other than some nasty come up anxiety it's pretty chill.

It is heavily visual, but I'd still consider it a relatively mild experience overall. I'd say it's as manageable as 2C-B or 2C-C, both of which seem very well tolerated by most people I've talked to/tripped with.

I took somewhere in the ballpark of 25-45mg of 4-ho-met....... craziest trip ever.

Didn't know what my fingers were and whatnot... scary but worth it.

So I wouldn't call it mild.

I took somewhere in the ballpark of 25-45mg of 4-ho-met....... craziest trip ever.

Didn't know what my fingers were and whatnot... scary but worth it.

So I wouldn't call it mild.

25-45mg is a considerably high dose, plus you say "somewhere in the ballpark of" so I assume that means you didn't weigh it with a scale; I don't think it's fair to base your judgment of 4-HO-MET on that experience alone. In any case, the drug being mild is just my opinion, it really has no relevance to the topic.