View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4 aco Met for the first time heart palpitations :/

kratomized

Bluelighter
I was really exited to finally try this compound. Took just under 15 mg fumerate. It in many ways reminded me of a phenethylamine. The headspace and stimulation was very reminiscent of 2c-x, nbome and mescaline that ive tried. It also reminded me of the headspace on a lower LSD dose. But Im digressing from the point of this post. So about fifteen mins after t+00 I felt my heart "jump". This happens to me from time to time ...maybe once a month so I didnt let it get to me. Anyway we got on our bikes and rode to the park..when we arrived we tred to settle down and settle into the experience but somehow the effects of this come up were a bit mentally and phsyically uncomfortable...I cant put my finger on why ...I just couldnt get comfy and sit still...perhaps it was the stimulation? I noticed another palpitation...at this point I felt a slight wave of anxiety and my thoughts looped for a second but I was able to get back on track. We decided to move locations..again another palpitation...now it was causing me siginificant anxiety. I tried breathing and letting go of the negative anxious reaction. It was diffficult to do. Anyway the entire experience was pretty much like this and I experienced palpitations throughout. I may revisit this compound but right now have no desire to as this issue was a bit alarming and I can only imagine if i took a higher dose. Anyone else experience something similar?

It's difficult to trust your senses when on a psychedelic... You may very well have had heart palpitations though. But I will tell you that there have been a few times on psychedelics when I was convinced that my breathing had slowed down so much that I wouldn't get enough oxygen and die and on LSD, I once thought I was surely having a heart attack only for my tripping partner (she's a nurse) reassure me that I had a resting heart rate and I was completley fine [lmfao].
I'm prone to anxiety and panic attacks and sometimes that manifests in a trip and it becomes difficult to know if it's really serious or just the anxiety ( in my experience 99% of the time it's the anxiety).
If possible, it's wise to have a sober( or soberish) trip sitter that can check your vitals if you feel like your having a seriously bad reaction.
I have extensive experience with 4-aco-met, probably tried it over 50 times and in my experience it's extremeley benign and one of the safest Tryptamines I've tried. That being said you are not me and your experience might vary from mine.
I hope this was of some help, I would try it again but have support on hand if something goes wrong and if so I would not continue exploring 4-aco-met.

I totally understand what youre saying about not being able to trust your senses...but I dont know if yourve ever experienced palpitations but they feel like a really strong POUND in your heart...feels as if your hearts is having to "jump start" and t forces you to have to catch your breath....its really alarming even sober. Im certain that this was real. It was my friend and i first time with this substnce. My friend has been tripping for many many years and hes good at maintaining a calm state....hes a bit of a hard head and needs more than most to propely trip..I noticed that as this substance was hitting us he got a little bit anxious... he took 18-20 mg I took 12-15. I can tell he was a bit overwhelmed by it too. I also undertsand the benign nature you speak of but I cant help but feel that this stuff was super stimulating and that made it a bit uncomfortable for me....it was stimulating wiithout much euphoria... it was also very visually "congested". Like there was ALOT going on in my field of vision and it was hard to focus but visually nothing interesting really developed....and no CEV or tracers ??? Im sure more mgs would have been more visually interesting though

Do you find it more stimulating?? At east moreso than mushrooms or LSD?

I do find it to be more stimulating than say 4-aco-dmt which is pretty relaxing for me.
I also have never had any closed eye visuals or tracers with 4-aco-met and my usual dose is 50mg.
What I do get is extrordinary geometrical open eye visuals that are pretty breathtaking.
I find the headspace to be super clear, even at 50mg at least for me. YMMV!
Edit:
I should also mention that the time I was convinced that I was having a heart attack on LSD, I subjectively was having all the symptoms of a heart attack, difficulty breathing pain and tightness in my chest and tingling in my left arm... The problem with psychedlic induced anxiety is that if you begin to think something is wrong then symptoms of that wrongness can subjectively manifest when physically there's nothing wrong.
For example, I probably got anxious and a panic attack set in and I got a thought loop that I might be having a heart attack then I start feeling the symptoms of one because of the drugs and anxiety. It can feel subjectively totally real. This is not saying that you didn't actually have a physical symptoms though.
Tread carefully!!

I do find it to be more stimulating than say 4-aco-dmt which is pretty relaxing for me.
I also have never had any closed eye visuals or tracers with 4-aco-met and my usual dose is 50mg.
What I do get is extrordinary geometrical open eye visuals that are pretty breathtaking.
I find the headspace to be super clear, even at 50mg at least for me. YMMV!
Edit:
I should also mention that the time I was convinced that I was having a heart attack on LSD, I subjectively was having all the symptoms of a heart attack, difficulty breathing pain and tightness in my chest and tingling in my left arm... The problem with psychedlic induced anxiety is that if you begin to think something is wrong then symptoms of that wrongness can subjectively manifest when physically there's nothing wrong.
For example, I probably got anxious and a panic attack set in and I got a thought loop that I might be having a heart attack then I start feeling the symptoms of one because of the drugs and anxiety. It can feel subjectively totally real. This is not saying that you didn't actually have a physical symptoms though.
Tread carefully!!

Yup Ive experience this type of sever anxiety/panic on psychedelics before...which is actually why this was more alarming in retrospect. I was not in a full blown panic, rather i would get the palpitation and then my thoughts would sort of spiral for a few moments. I was trying to have a good time but i just could not get comfortable and then I would have a palp on top of that.

I must say that the visuals that i did get were fairly crazy....for example my friends face turned into digital scales in the shape of an eye (almond shape) and in the center was a pupil....it was like the visuals were less neon and more surfaces turning into very realistic/digital patterns....the visuals were unique and in many ways reminded me of mescaline

Next time you try it look at a campfire or bond fire if you can.
I noticed when I took this while camping that it makes fire look like it's entirely made of pixels!!
It's pretty cool!
As to your original question, since you do get palpitations while sober, it's tough to say if the MET triggered it or if you just had one while you happen to be tripping.
Have you talked to a doctor about the condition?

Well palpitations are usually benign and rather common for many people...expecially if you use common stimulants like coffee and cigs...I drink coffee and use tobacco....I have palps but its rare and usually a one off thng....I ever have them like i was having on met..... I think the rather stimulating nature of the substance may not agree with me...I was just wondering if its common....but I DID find that theres a handful of people that have experienced this on 4-ho-met...just not many on the aco version...Im sure the 4- ho version wouold be worse....unfortunate I really wanted to like this one...I may revisit it in the future after getting back on my exercise routine