• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [4-AcO-DMT Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

The micon-filter thing should be a given... I am still a reckless boy though :eek:

The IV route was profoundly dissociative, euphoric and obscenely visual for me. Also extremely brief... although the eternity I lost between posts would suggest otherwise subjectively :D

There was an initial - near overwhelming - onslaught of a rather lush rush of the swirly ilk followed by a plateau of profound dislocation which was far from unpleasant then a sudden drop to near-baseline. So brief yet still eternal. If ever there was a candidate for being hippy crack this would have to be high on the list - takes you so high and then leaves you begging for more <3

ill have to experiment with both IV and IM.

any idea how much you IV'd Shambles?

Obviously eyeballing is far from a good way to judge such things... my eyeball is often surprisingly close to the truth though... I'd say ~10mg. Probably on the heavier side. Second dose was "slightly" larger than the first by eye but the effects were exponentially stronger. I strongly suspect scales would be a boon.

Mostly Goodness ensued but some chest and muscle tightness and lingering moderate GI discomfort also noted. Massive munchy attack too but I often get that on shroomies.

Repeated IV dosing seems to produce a near instatolerance, rapid increase in unwelcome peripheral effects and rapid decrease in welcome psychedelic effects. Hardly a surprise admittedly...

Last edited:
When you IV'd 10 mg, how much water did you use? Was it quickly and fully soluble?

I might be getting some of this soon and would definitely consider this ROA.

I used a 1ml syringe and various amounts of water from almost a full ml down to 0.3ml for the last shot (all ~10mg). Also used gentle heat to dissolve - went into a nice clear solution quickly and easily. Be careful with the IV route - seriously removes you from this world for what feels like forever... or would if you had any concept of time whatsoever. Skirting around ego-death territory, for sure - pure existence for that brief eternity <3

Don't miss any of the shot either - I missed a small amount and the site was sore as hell for hours. Not swollen but sore which is not something you want when tripping so hard. Other than that, there was some general chest and muscle tension/tightness which was a tad uncomfortable but I also skipped my daily tram dose which may well have contributed to feeling a bit rough around the edges at the time. After sleeping I feel fine today.

This is one I would even consider writing a TR about and I don't generally think to unless something is truly amazing and/or unusual. This was both. Be careful, don't make the mistake I did of eyeballing cos it would be so easy to overstep the mark, and have fun :)

PS: The 10mg or so dose seemed to be a hell of a lot so well worth starting lower. Seriously earth shattering stuff 8o

I used a 1ml syringe and various amounts of water from almost a full ml down to 0.3ml for the last shot (all ~10mg). Also used gentle heat to dissolve - went into a nice clear solution quickly and easily. Be careful with the IV route - seriously removes you from this world for what feels like forever... or would if you had any concept of time whatsoever. Skirting around ego-death territory, for sure - pure existence for that brief eternity <3

Don't miss any of the shot either - I missed a small amount and the site was sore as hell for hours. Not swollen but sore which is not something you want when tripping so hard. Other than that, there was some general chest and muscle tension/tightness which was a tad uncomfortable but I also skipped my daily tram dose which may well have contributed to feeling a bit rough around the edges at the time. After sleeping I feel fine today.

This is one I would even consider writing a TR about and I don't generally think to unless something is truly amazing and/or unusual. This was both. Be careful, don't make the mistake I did of eyeballing cos it would be so easy to overstep the mark, and have fun :)

PS: The 10mg or so dose seemed to be a hell of a lot so well worth starting lower. Seriously earth shattering stuff 8o

Wow, just wow. I will be trying this out possibly tonight if I get to it, I'm going to start with 5 or 6mg's I.V. I would like to do the shot while I'm already on something else, maybe while peaking on some Mesc., Lucy, or even some Molly, I think it would make the launch a little easier, kinda how it's a lot less jarring to vape deemsters while already tripping on something else, though it still is just as amazing.

If I go the IV route, I'll be doing 5-6 mg as well. Unfortunately, separated from my stash for at least more than a week.

Based on experiences with IV DMT, I imagine that IV 4-Aco-DMT also be something special...micron-filtered of course.
I have had many experiences IV'ing 4-AcO-DMT, and have seen many others do it in my presence.

When you IV, it hits you within a few seconds, and feels A LOT like DMT, but for hours. Do not underestimate the compound, one of my friends IV'ed 30mg and was incapacitated, pissing himself, taking off his clothes, being reborn many times, and we had to TOTALLY take care of him. Eventually he went into full delerium (I think the one pill MDMA 4 hours into the experience caused this) and ran out of my house back to his house, thinking we were a malevolent force, and we were trying to follow him to make sure he got home okay, but he ended up threatening to call the police on us if we didn't leave (!?). It was a crazy experience. This stuff is not for playing around, it can take people all the way down the rabbit hole. Make sure you are very experienced and are with someone very experienced when doing more than 10mg. However, IV administration is the most recreational and best way to do this compound, in my opinion.

I wouldn't start with more than 5-10mg IV (depending on how experienced you are) to get a taste for it. I haven't experimented with IV tolerance, however. My best friend had a full on ++++ from 25mg IV. After about 1.5 hours of rolling around on his bed in a trance, he woke up crying uncontrollably for several hours, saying he was elevated to the level of Jesus or Buddha. He describes a fully immersive experience where he was pushed through a fractal forest and eventually encountered an Aztec looking temple adorned with the most beautiful patterns on the outside. Once he entered a temple of light, he describes being blinded by a white light, and when he could see again he was in the temple, being worshipped by flying winged bird people and energy that looked exactly like fire. He describes being able to manipulate all of his surroundings, it's a very amazing story. It's the only ++++ I have ever seen occur.

IV 4-AcO-DMT is FUCKING AMAZING. Be safe, however. The fumarate salt is fully soluble in water (maybe with a tiny bit of heat) and very easy to prep. When you go above 20mg, it is a very intense experience, probably more intense than a massive dose of LSD. Very very rewarding and pleasurable, though.

I would strongly advise against trying this stuff IV whilst on anything else - trust me, it's more than enough all on its own. Perhaps a lil MDMA would be okay but any other psyches would have destroyed me. This one really had me questioning my sanity for a while all by itself. It's one of the very few experiences I would actually recommend a sitter for. It's euphoric as hell but be prepared to say goodbye to everything you ever knew 8o:D8o

EDIT: You say your friends experience lasted several hours, Psilo? I must admit some surprise as the one complaint I had was that it lasted no more than an hour at most. More like 30 minutes or so peaking then a very rapid drop off. Certainly felt like forever though :D

Is filtration with a micron filter really necessary with this one?

Micron-filtering is always wise... although I've never micron-filtered anything as they're just not used in the UK and I'm still alive and well. Doesn't make it safe, of course. As it's not an extract (like non-synth DMT etc) then infections should be unlikely. No guarantees though.

^how long was the come up on the IM'd dose?

Come up was no more than 15 minutes, but the plateau was 2-3 hours IIRC.

Please write, even if it's a quick blurb. I'd love to hear more.

Is filtration with a micron filter really necessary with this one?

There are definitely worse things to inject without micron-filtration, but injecting without filtration is simply an avoidable risk. Analogy: hypothetically speaking, if you were to have sex a stripper you just met at a club, would you use a condom? Risks might differ slightly, but the analogy holds. ;)

Thrombophlebitis (inflammation of a vein), infection/abcess, and endocarditis (heart valve infection) are a few possible outcomes of non-sterile injection. I always use micron filters for IM or IV. *End of harm reduction statement.*

overdose?

well I plugged a capsule of 28mg of 4-aco-dmt first thing this morning after waking up (8am)

this was followed by dysphoria, *intense* vomiting, and feelings of absolute death

i've felt ego death and such from psychedelic trips, but this felt entirely physical not just a mental experience.... i felt every ounce of life drain from my body and became a cold near-corpse.... breathing was slow.... felt like i had done major damage to my brain at the time (felt like what I would imagine a stroke would be like)

at the peak of this, i felt my connection to this body completely flicker and almost extinguish.... but there was an underlying peaceful awareness behind all bodily existence and mental activity.... very inviting but i was afraid to embrace it as it seemed at the time that doing this would mean i'd never return

needless to say, i would not recommend this dose to anyone... i think the experience has been beneficial - especially for learning to let go and see life vanish peacefully

i know this compound is very unlikely to be fatal at this dose, and that bad trips involving death are common w/ these things, but this was really to a whole new level for me. truly humbled and thankful to be typing this :)

Plugging generally requires only half the oral dose and 28mg would be a big oral dose so at over 50mg equivalent that's a hell of a dose 8o

Glad you're okay :)<3

Yeah, I haven't gone over 15mg's plugged and that was very intense. Still feel like I could go further without worrying about a bad trip but I think past 20mg's and especially 25mg's it would be beyond intense. I will be trying 18mg's next time I use 4-AcO, shouldn't be too long so I'll post as soon as I see if the dose response curve starts steepening at higher doses (shrug).

Shambles, you've got me excited. :)

I'm definitely going to do the normal ROAs, of course. But this IV thing you describe sounds incredible by your description. An IM dose must also surely produce spectacular results.

Hmm... not sure if getting half of PD all excited about IVing psilocin is exactly the finest in HR. Tis bloody amazing though =D

Not tried IM but it does sound great too. IV 4-AcO is kinda like IV ket in a funny kinda way - incredibly intense but also so overwhelming it can be hard to process. Get the impression that the ket analogy would apply with IM too - smoother and easier to integrate. Heard good things about it :)

I do hope that anyone who is considering IVing the stuff does so with more caution than i did though. Do as I say and not as I do may sound hypocritical but it's also quite true :D

Also, I tried it IV in combo with 3-MeO-PCP last night (very low dose of each) and it was just beautiful. Other than when I fucked up and took a dirty hit from atrocious IV hygiene - do as I say...