• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-aco-dmt storage

Interesting. I recently checked some of my 4-ACO and it clearly degraded. It turned this interesting grey/slightly purplish color, got all clumpy, and is now, after
being broken up, a fine powder once again, but is that grey/purplish color. When I looked at it under magnification, it shimmered with tiny, crystalline elements that
sparkle in the light. I believe it has converted to Psilocin, and interestingly enough, I tested some of it yesterday and it almost seems more potent than before. It's
odd to say, but I am OK with its degradation. It is still HIGHLY active, and I was blown away by what 20 mg did. It was almost overwhelming, and again, seemed almost
MORE potent than the 4 that it once was before the conversion. Just an interesting side-note. Just sitting in a amber vial, in the cool, darkness....

I may have chimed in a previous related topic but here's my experience: I had 300 mgs of 4-Ac0-DMT (high quality fumerate) and after about 3 months it had turned from an offwhite slightly clumpy powder to a stickier brown sugar like consistency. It appeared like I had lost some because of how much the powder clumped into chunks. It was almost gooey and stuck to the side of the bag and then to the sides of the caps when I transfered them. However, upon testing this 'degraded' chemical, it was just as potent. Like the above poster, it almost seemed more potent but I think I can attribute that to the different sujective effects between psilacetin and psilocin. Just be cautious and don't assume just because it appears degraded it will be less potent and you should take more...Oh and I stored it in the small baggie it came in in my desk drawer in the basement, so it was in a pretty cool/dark place but it was also during the summer months..

Last edited:
I had the fumurate which held up very well to degradation, but I would still keep it frozen.
The hcl is more susceptible to degradation IIRC

4-aco-dmt fumarate keep in a sealed jar in freezer with rice and silica packets for over three years... 30mg is still as active as the day I tested all those years ago. So, the fumarate, if stored in optimal conditions maintains its potency for quite some time

I have a 30mg bag of 4-ho-met that's been around for months now, and it's gone from white/off white floury powder to a clumpy, sticky, dark brown paste with reduced volume. As far as I've read they remain potent, but it would be nice to prevent this for my incoming white/fluffy batch of 4-aco-dmt. If anything, just for eye appeal. Maybe i'll throw in some silica packs in the outer bag when i get it, i have a feeling it's due to moisture.