View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-aco-dmt storage

Big)Sky

Bluelighter
I have a half gram of 4-aco-dmt and im going to a show in the next few weeks and was wondering if i could put them in chocolates. Or would it be easier to put the substance in a liquid solution and use it by drops?

I kept mine in the baggy it came in, in a small sealed pot that had a pouch of silica gel in. The pot was kept in a drawer. Absolutely no noticeable degrading over the course of a few months.

4-Aco-DMT Storage

Temporary - Keep in a container tightly closed
Short-term - Keep refrigerated
Long-term - Keep in freezer

When in doubt, freeze it. Many of the tryptamines are sensitive to heat and will degrade into inactivity if allowed. Many cannot be stored at room temperature without degradation.

I see this question so much and people (both the person asking and the people answering) seem to forget the most important part - is your 4-AcO-DMT HCl or Fumarate? If you don't know, email the vendor, they'll tell you.

HCl isn't the most stable, keep it in a dark cold place like you would with anything else, make sure there is not much/any oxygen getting in if possible.

Fumarate, just store it however, as long as it's not at ridiculously hot temperatures, damp, etc, it will be fine for years.

Not sure about freebase but I've yet to see a vendor selling it, most vendors have Fumarate, and I've seen a couple with HCl.

Edit: This was an old post, I'm leaving it for the sake of history, but completely disregard my comment about storing fumarate "however" - it is pretty unstable still, so ideally an airtight baggy inside another airtight container (possibly with silica gels or something similar) in a dark cool place :)

Last edited:
The reason the fumarate is used is because otherwise 4-AcO-DMT would rapidly degrade to psilocin.

Chances are probably pretty good that even the fumarate has some psilocin content in it.

I have stored some 4-aco-dmt in my basement for over half a year now. Tested some recently. Its still fine. I try to keep it as sealed and dry as possible.

Ya i have the fumarate. Ive had it for a month and havent seen any degrade in the formula. Would putting them into chocholates keep the chemical stable for a weekend?

I think so. I cant see how it would degrade in a couple of days, unless you submit it to excess amounts of heat or light.

I've got some pure white 4-AcO-DMT fumarate... I have a feeling its going to hold for a LONG time...

I've got some pure white 4-AcO-DMT fumarate... I have a feeling its going to hold for a LONG time...

Are you sure it's 4-Aco-DMT? Of the many vendors supplying it, I'm not aware of any of them providing a pure white product. All have been stocking off-white to light tan powder usually in fumarate leading me to believe "pure white" is not the normal color of synthesis.

^ I've had pure white fumarate on two occasions from a VERY trusted source.

That could be a legal problem... does it really degrade into psilocin?

Looking at the structure, it seems that the bond of the secondary acetoxy carbon (connected to both O) could be weak, but damnit i got a C+ in ochem I and II.

I had 4-ho-mipt and it turned darker, but it didn't seem to make it pharmacologically different.

Anyone store this stuff long term? Wondering how stable it is, because if it isn't my friend of a cousin will only make small research purchases.

Also, for those who've had the white, did it seem any better than brown, if you've had both? Keep in mind power of suggestion could have slightly influenced it.

Sorry for bumping such and old thread, but when it does degrade, it just turns into psilocin, or does it lose its potency?

It should turn into Psilocin, there was an article on Erowid about how the 4-AcO and 4-PO tryptamines would degrade to their 4-HO components if exposed for too long etc.

Also, I think my old post needs editing, oh how wrong I was, fumarate is pretty unstable too with 4-AcO-DMT, and a lot of mine has degraded.

So for the casual owner, it should not matter how I store it right? It degrades or rather changes into psilocin so there would be no loss of potency?

Be aware that psilocin itself is known to be relatively unstable, degrading into the blue products that one associates with potent mushrooms. There is doubt as to whether the psilocin oxidation product is reversible, as solutions containing 4-HO-MIPT that degrade into a blue green brown color are usually reported to be of comparable potency to the original compound.

It seems very difficult to get a verified answer to this question....and I've looked, mostly finding speculation based on other substances. Let's assume that a large quantity (say 100 grams) of 4-AcO-DMT fumarate was stored in a cold, dry, dark place alongside an equivalent quantity of the HCL variety....same conditions sealed plastic bags, cold, dry, dark place...what's the maximum length of time for each before one must assume significant degradation has occurred, and at what rate would the degradation occur after that point (steady vs. accelerated degradation?) and what stages of degradation would there be? Obviously it seems to degrade into 4-HO-DMT (after how long?), which according to my research degrades at a faster rate under identical conditions, so from there into what? A less potent sample? A further different substance? or a completely inactive substance? Basically a degradation timeline? Surely some vendor or knowledgeable person has some experience storing a large quantity for at least a year or three...or longer? There must at least have been some psilocin that has been stored over many years and measured in this regard?

Also, what is the degree of difference in the hypothesized rate of degradation between the fumarate and HCL versions? Slight or very?

Last edited: