• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-ACO-DMT gives the same "reset" effect as shrooms?

Robinvanpersie

Bluelighter
Hi,

1. Do you think that 4-ACO-DMT has the same "reset" effect that higher doses of shrooms gives you that makes you feel like a new person with a fresh mind the days/weeks/months after?
I mean psilocyn is the active substance that causes this in shrooms and 4-ACO-DMT also turns into psilocyn in the end anyway, right?

2. Besides that, what are your personal opinions of the differences in the effects of 4-ACO-DMT compared to shrooms?

Thanks in advance and also for all the answers of my earlier questions.

1. I find it does give the same/really similar reset effect. I mean every trip is different, so it's aftereffects are different too, but 4-AcO-DMT seems to give me an aftereffect within similar parameters to magic mushrooms.

2. I find 4-AcO-DMT to be more sedentary than magic mushrooms. Mushrooms are pretty chill too, but 4-AcO-DMT especially makes me especially inclined to recline and vegetate.

I can only answer question #2, but I feel psilacetin is much heavier and forceful than mushrooms. I have had 4-aco-dmt maybe 10 times and all the trips were very similar, a very strong, sometimes sinister, but sometimes divine head fuck. Only had actual mushrooms once so far and they were much more gentle even at 4G, they seemed to sneak up on me more and were much easier on the mind. Not that they weren't powerful, just not so forceful. The psilacetin just seems to emphasize that -DMT part much more than it's sisters psilocybin & psilocin.

On mushrooms I tend to feel more crazed, but the emotional rollercoaster often left me refreshed afterwards... on 4-AcO-DMT it was more sneaky and I could be deep without fully realizing it, less obvious and less of a guided journey but a similar / generic effect on wellbeing.
I do agree that 4-AcO-DMT feels very DMT-like more than mushrooms, but it felt so 'dilated' to me that it had no tendency to overwhelm. 4-HO-DMT (synthetic) also felt DMT-like for me, but a much quicker onset attack that made it anxiogenic.

Thanks for your input!

Are there any tips on how to smooth into the trip reducing the chances of getting anxious? Like can it be a good idea putting the powder into a cup of tea or something?

Well, high temperatures might not be such a great idea (although for mushrooms tea is also used, the loss is considered slight) .. however generally a drug dissolved in a drink, and especially on an empty stomach makes for fast absorption so a not so smooth comeup. Abrupt, wacky / visual, anxious, intense.

I can't say I ever tried to do the opposite but that would be something like infusing the drug into a food that is slow to digest as a timed-release mechanism - something fatty I guess, although the drug doesn't actually dissolve in it - so you'd have to mix it into a chunk of peanut butter or something and swallow the chunk?
Eating it on a relatively full stomach should also work to slow it down, but it might not be comfortable at all. You want to avoid the possibility of any water in your stomach just leaching the drug out and absorbing it. But fatty stuff protects from that. This is theoretical of course.

I said for me 4-HO-DMT [and also 4-HO-MiPT] have pretty acute comeups, but 4-AcO-DMT has a smoothened out comeup and comedown just from itself.

Maybe just try a dose that isn't overly high, and take the right measures (set and setting! a peaceful and open situation) so that you can handle it. I don't think that trying to avoid anxiety is really the way to go, cause that is a fearful mentality. If you have nothing to worry about from your setting, you are completely free to confront the trip. It's not a white knuckle ride like N,N-DMT or 5-MeO-DMT anyway so just embrace whatever happens.