Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(4-aco-dmt / 9mg) - first time - music festival at night

projump2001

Bluelighter
I took 4-aco-dmt a few days ago at a music festival where i was camping for the weekend. the night before i took 2C-C and had a great time on 21mg a bit low but great experience with visuals that were incredible, one part looking at my friend holding a glass pipe, i was able to see endless patterns in my peripheral vision but that's another compound and story all together.

4-aco-dmt the next day at 9mg.. i was thinking about doing 20mg so i brought at 11mg and 9mg.. i started with the 9mg and never got to the 11mg pack and this is why.

it was at night and i was in the tent waiting for it to hit. I started to see things moving and small patterns emerge but nothing to intense. as the intensity grew i notice that it was harder for me to talk with my friend in the next tent over.. He said he was going to the bathroom, but he went on for a long walk and never came back. meanwhile i was in my tent in the fetal position with eyes closed and noticed intense closed eye visuals. the visuals got smaller and smaller and the details were deep. not 3d but very detailed, so much that at times they formed actual images from my memories. I would think of something in my head and the visuals were turning into that. It dawned on me that maybe memories are just these small details all configured in a way that is not pattern like, but real life looking.. with eyes closed the patterns colored with red,yellow,orange and black with some grey. it was hard to remember and i thought if my friend was around it would be pointless to try to put words to what i was seeing, not to mention i could not talk or did not want to talk even when my friend was around 30 min earlier.

the next 2-3 hours were not fun at times, and seemed like it was taking forever to the minute hand to move. so as i lay in the tent i started to shiver as if i was having a seizure or something , i was feeling i was cold so i covered myself in blankets but that did not help. I started to find a way to control the shaking but it would come back again depending on my thoughts.. I started to think that perhaps i measured wrong and maybe the scale was on the wrong setting and i was going to OD and die but i was able to talk myself out of that thought with some logic.. but it was not easy.

At one point i felt the visual was so much that i actually felt my face start to merge with it and it felt like my face was being pulled apart, as if i was disintegrating. I started to just give up and let this thing take my life if that is what was going to happen.. this must have been ego loss.

but after 5 hours i felt better, shaken up but happy to be alive and happy with the experience. The next day my friend said he did not have that issue but he was just walking and walking for hours..

This is really just an experience report and as such belongs in the Trip Reports forum.

I can move it over for you, but reports in the Trip Reports forum require the title format: (Substance / Dose) - Exp Level - Creative Title. (With Exp Level being your previous level of experience with the substance, e.g. First Time, Experienced, etc)

So if you could tell me how experienced you are already with 4-AcO-DMT, and decide on a creative title, me or another mod can move it over for you. Thanks! :)

if you can move it and put title as 4-aco-dmt / 9mg - first time - music festival at night

I love 4-AcO-DMT, but those shroomy-type drugs do have a much greater propensity towards bad trips than other classes of entheogens. Sorry you had a tough time!

Perhaps you're more sensitive to tryptamines than other people. I know I am.

Sounds pretty typical of 4-aco to me. Lots of ups and downs and ridiculous visuals. Although I get that more from doses > 20mg, but maybe I'm a hardhead.

Was the festival you were at Firefly by any chance?

I also experience the shakes while on 4-aco-dmt. It's moreso a jittery feeling, rather than actual muscle spasms. But I can see how it could be misinterpreted as shivering/spasming.
My last 4-aco-dmt trip was very emotional, however I was in a very emotional situation in my life so it made sense. But for the first time ever in my whole life I cried whilst on a psychedelic! It was very very strange! Like, "Wait a second, wtf is this fluid on my face?!" :D It was quite difficult to stop the tears once they started too. Don't get me wrong, the trip was still beautiful and great, definitely not a "bad" trip at all. But yeah, just very, emotional.

projump I can also totally relate to your description of the CEVs being a projection of your thoughts. That's one thing I love the most about 4-aco-dmt, the CEVs are so malliable. I can just lie there for hours with my eyes closed, manipulating the visuals with my mind and then letting them take me wherever :)

Sounds like your trip was pretty intense at times though, I'm glad you came out of it feeling good overall <3

yes i did come out alive, lol.. At times i just thought i might have weighed this stuff wrong and i was going to OD and die. I remember thinking thoughts like, just take me i surrender..

I also experience the shakes while on 4-aco-dmt. It's moreso a jittery feeling, rather than actual muscle spasms. But I can see how it could be misinterpreted as shivering/spasming.
My last 4-aco-dmt trip was very emotional, however I was in a very emotional situation in my life so it made sense. But for the first time ever in my whole life I cried whilst on a psychedelic! It was very very strange! Like, "Wait a second, wtf is this fluid on my face?!" :D It was quite difficult to stop the tears once they started too. Don't get me wrong, the trip was still beautiful and great, definitely not a "bad" trip at all. But yeah, just very, emotional.

projump I can also totally relate to your description of the CEVs being a projection of your thoughts. That's one thing I love the most about 4-aco-dmt, the CEVs are so malliable. I can just lie there for hours with my eyes closed, manipulating the visuals with my mind and then letting them take me wherever :)

Sounds like your trip was pretty intense at times though, I'm glad you came out of it feeling good overall <3
Omg... the nausia!

am i the only one surprised at the very high effects from a realtively small dose? or am i missing something?

nice report! cheers!

I remember the first time my friends and I did 4-aco, we were crying and snotting everywhere and couldn't help ourselves. We weren't necessarily sad, but it seemed that once the fluids started flowing, they wouldn't stop. We had to get a rag to dry our faces and wipe our noses. It must've been hilarious to watch.

^^ Yep, that sounds very familiar! :D

Omg... the nausia!
Oh my god I did't even mention that!!! Shiiiet!
Yes....I had extreme nausea on the aforementioned 4-aco-dmt trip, for the entire trip.
Then again, I get nausea on ALL psychedelics. So, nothing new for me there, really. But it was particularly bad this time.

Just for comparison purposes, I am a 85kg male and ingested 12mg 4acodmt 6hours ago. I feel general sense of wellbeing, sense enhancement, relaxation but minor visuals or deep thoughts. Probably to be expected since I generally eat a tryptamine a week, and the last days indulged a bit (3days on 5meodmt/5meomet/5meodalt/mipt/5meomipt). Still goes to say, some potent stuff that psilacetin !

Just for comparison purposes, I am a 85kg male and ingested 12mg 4acodmt 6hours ago. I feel general sense of wellbeing, sense enhancement, relaxation but minor visuals or deep thoughts. Probably to be expected since I generally eat a tryptamine a week, and the last days indulged a bit (3days on 5meodmt/5meomet/5meodalt/mipt/5meomipt). Still goes to say, some potent stuff that psilacetin !

I have some 5-meo-mipt unopened.. how was that? i was thinking of giving it a try..

2-3mg is a bit stoned feeling. nice body relaxation and music enhancement. I like this for going to a bar or at home making some music with friends.
4-7mg is pure tactile fun, ideal for cuddling (this will eventually lead to sex)
8-..mg is more a real trippy experience imo
Orally, I wouldn't do this alone, except for getting to know your dose. This drug is about communication (language and bodily), so being alone can feel somewhat altered.

smoking 15-20mg for a real sexrush and cool CEV's is also possible.

2-3mg is a bit stoned feeling. nice body relaxation and music enhancement. I like this for going to a bar or at home making some music with friends.
4-7mg is pure tactile fun, ideal for cuddling (this will eventually lead to sex)
8-..mg is more a real trippy experience imo
Orally, I wouldn't do this alone, except for getting to know your dose. This drug is about communication (language and bodily), so being alone can feel somewhat altered.

smoking 15-20mg for a real sexrush and cool CEV's is also possible.

I never tried other chems at low does, but i almost want to start trying very low doses to see what happens.. perhaps a new world opens with the lower doses because you can actually go out to bars and such..

4-ACO-DMT was a very subtle and friendly substance to me. I remember looking out the window and the urban scenery looked extraterrestrial (epic cloudy sky, looked like those comics based in Mars).

Definitively a good substance, never felt anxious.

Thanks for the report.

I never tried other chems at low does, but i almost want to start trying very low doses to see what happens.. perhaps a new world opens with the lower doses because you can actually go out to bars and such..

You sound like me 6 months ago ;). I really like low dose psychedelics, now. No synesthesia of course, and insights from previous trips "just" come back, but no new are gained.

On the other hand: Very controllable, ideal for "enhancement" of this world instead of visiting other worlds ; VERY low tolerance; it's nice to be under the influence of a psychedelic if people have absolutely no clue, imo :p ; afterglow stays, I believe it's the experience that gives you an afterglow, not the compound.

other low doses I've tried:

5MEODMT = purely sexual under 5mg's for me
4HOMET = 8mg is nice for going for a drink on a sunny afternoon, or at night, to secretely enjoy the lights ;)
5MEODIPT = see 5MEOMIPT
AMT = marvellous mood enhancer under 7mg
MIPT = 10mg is ideal for a mellow evening
2CE = 5-8mg is perfect for a night out. it never overpowers
2CP = 3-5mg as a social lubricant (still takes 18h to land, though)
25CNBOME = 175 mcg. for a home/bar party
LSD = 50-100mcg. for a home/bar party

And I read somewhere that low dose MDMA (0.25mg/kg bodyweight in the morning) can stimulate neuron growth. Still have to test though ! I have heard from a friend however that 75mg MDMA is nice for casual going out.

Just to put this in perspective:

I am male, 27y.o, 85kg, no medication and some psychiatrist diagnosed me with narcassistic personality disorder or something in 2007. After 3 meetings. Never went back and began my own search for myself with mushrooms. This was end 2010. Now we're almost 2 years later and I am the most happy. Never thought I'd feel this way !