View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-aco-dmt + 4-ho-met combo

hollandhomeboy

Bluelighter
maybe this has been asked or posted before, but i was curious as to how the combo is. anyone have any experience? what's it like?

i'd also like to know recommended dosages. like, how much mg's of both and whether both should be taken at the same time or at different times.

i hear 4-ho-met provides wonderful hallucinations without much of a mindfuck , (ie. you can be coherent, lucid, act/think rationally) while hallucinating
and 4-aco-dmt is more trip than hallucinating (at medium doses) euphoric profound etc.

so im looking to get a nice euphoric profound trip, while adding some hallucinations, without losing all that much rationality or getting too mind fucked.

thanks yall happy trippin'
-
i plan on doing this combo tomorrow night so any info would be lovely and highly appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am male, 85kg. I did it with 15mg 4HOMET and 10mg 4ACODMT, redosing 10mg 4HOMET and 5mg 4ACODMT at T+1h

It's lots of fun, profound, and euphoric. It was definetly much more intense then 25mg of either on its own.

That said, you say "you heard" about 4HOMET which leads me to believe you haven't tried it on it's own. If you take +30mg of 4HOMET on its own you will get "nice euphoric profound trip, while adding some hallucinations, without losing all that much rationality or getting too mind fucked." as you say.

The combo is doable, and I would recommend it, but please try 4HOMET on it's own first. It's much more stimulating then 4ACODMT/mushrooms, and it definetly can pack a punch. It's not just seeing colors and stuff. It is very visual, yes, and of the 4HOx's it's the less minfducky, yes. But it is a psychedelic in its own right. Also, I hope by "you can be coherent, lucid, act/think rationally" you don't mean you can disguise you're under the influence or attempt trafic.

Lots of fun and let us know how you dose and how it goes !

I've spoken about this combo, very highly regarded, in the b/d drug combinations thread if you want my take on it.

And like the previous poster pointed out, its no dog and pony show. 4-ho-met is a powerful psychadelic on par in terms of potency/effects with the other 4-aco/ho's. Do not take it lightly, or in inappropriate set/settingds/dosages. If you've never had it before i STRONGLY reccomend starting at 15mg by itself, be it 4-aco-dmt, 4-ho-met, or 4-ho/aco-whatever. I've gotten my fair share of mindfuckery from 4-ho-met, and personally, it deserves as much respect as 4-ho-dmt, or 4-aco-dmt.

Last edited:
you say you took a larger dose of 4ho than 4aco. is it better done this way (better synergy or something) or did you do it for another reason?

yeah you are right, i haven't done it on it's own.

i plan on tripping with three other friends. at a hotel room. with music. NOT IN PUBLIC xD i agree that's not a cool way to trip. i said that since im tripping with friends, i wanna be able to hold some nice conversations and whatnot.

i know its not all about seeing colors and stuff. i highly respect these mystical substances and im not in it for the "trippyness"

i guess i want tho combo since ive heard that 4ho isnt as amazing with music as 4aco is. music is a key component and central part of our trips.
i love mdma as it makes music beyond amazing.

oh and why the redose? is it necessary? kinda curious on the reason for the redose.

anyways, thanks so much for the info i'll make sure to make a trip report!

thanks i'll check it out!

you say you took a larger dose of 4ho than 4aco. is it better done this way (better synergy or something) or did you do it for another reason?

Its been a while since i tripped on either, but in retrospect, using the scales i had at the time, i can't say with any certainty i took more 4-ho-met than 4-aco-dmt. Most of the time, i just decided at the moment what dosage ratio between the two i was going to take, sometimes more 4-ho-met, sometimes more 4-aco-dmt.

Personally, i tend to get less nausea after the come up from 4-ho-met, compared to 4-aco-dmt, perhaps thats why i said i took more 4-ho-met in combination.

Good luck, you sound like you know what your doing and will trip safely, have fun! As a precaution, i would lock the hotel room door, and have a few benzo's on hand in case one of your group has a rough time. But if they're all expirenced with psychadelics in general, thats prob unnecessary. Always good to be safe though.

Last edited:
well what you just quoted was directed towards Achten.

unless you've done more posts all i found was one. and in that one you staye "4-ho-met and 4-aco-dmt half and half at 20mg total of the fumarates is very nice"

i don't quite understand that o: as in 10mg of both?

do you have recommended dosages? since you've done it multiple times which was your favorite time? like how much did you take of both during your fave time (if you have one) ?

honestly i think more than anything the three main things i seek the most are 1: empathy and 2: music enhancement/appreciation 3: heightened senses (linked with #2 i suppose) ie tactile hearing etc.

thanks for the info friend!

Definately agree with hightenend senses/music apprecciation. By far, out in a natural setting, with good music is one of the best ways to enjoy psychadelics. The immense beauty of my surrounding enviroment, (way up in the sierra nevada mtn's), coupled with the right music is the creme de la creme of set/settings for me personally when dosing. I usually trip solo, but empathy and having others to communicate with are important parts of the expirence too. You can get into some funky places tripping alone all the time, with no-one you can be open and communicate with around. That was my pitfall and contributing factor to abstinence from psychs for the last few months.

Seems we can both learn something from one another regarding psychs. ;)

Glad you have friends you can trip with, i've been contemplating dosing recently, but now think its best to wait until the opportunity arises when i can do so with my brother, who is very expirenced with psychs, rather than risk further intellectual/emotional isolation/desolation from solo tripping. I've utilized that part of the expirence, its time to consider psychs in a safe social setting with people i feel really comfortable around, like close friends/family.

Last edited:

yeah you are right, i haven't done it on it's own.

i plan on tripping with three other friends. at a hotel room. with music. NOT IN PUBLIC xD i agree that's not a cool way to trip. i said that since im tripping with friends, i wanna be able to hold some nice conversations and whatnot.

i know its not all about seeing colors and stuff. i highly respect these mystical substances and im not in it for the "trippyness"

i guess i want tho combo since ive heard that 4ho isnt as amazing with music as 4aco is. music is a key component and central part of our trips.
i love mdma as it makes music beyond amazing.

oh and why the redose? is it necessary? kinda curious on the reason for the redose.

anyways, thanks so much for the info i'll make sure to make a trip report!

thanks i'll check it out!

It was my first time trying the combo and I dosed 4HOMET higher because, like you, I was aiming for music enhancement/empathy in the first place, with a bit of mindplay (where the 4ACODMT comes in). I had done both seperately and I knew 4HOMET is the more lighthearted one. But again, it was a very intense experience.

For me, music is also main ingredient of a trip. 4HOMET is definetly amazing with music, but this can be a personal thing. 4HOMET kinda feels like the combo of the feelings of mushrooms and MDMA, but it's not like a combo of those two substances. This doesn't explain anything, right ? :)
If you're aiming for sensory enhancement and empathy with friends, I might suggest doing 20-25mg of 4HOMET on its own. Keep the 4ACODMT for a spiritual trip. Or for when you're experienced with 4HOMET on it's own. We probably have different batches, which means my doses are only indicative, not absolute. If you know how strong either substance is it'll be much easier to dose the combo, you understand ?

The redose was because I felt like it :). Could have done without but I wanted to see what happened if I pushed the dose a bit higher. It definetly upped the effects, as well as the total tripping time.

thanks for the info yall
very very helpful stuff.

i'll prob trip in about 8 hours or so! xD

i'll make sure to update and hopefully write up a trip report (if worthy)

PEAS OUT!

Any update on this? :)

I'd be interested in this combination. I'm tempted to split the limited 34mg of 4-HO-MET I have into 25mg and 9mg, and take the 25mg first to try it, then try 9mg in combination with a small dose of 4-AcO-DMT to hopefully potentiate it while still capturing some of the feel of the 4-HO-MET, so that I get two experiences with it with a lesser amount of substance.

noogood is right. it was AMAZING.

when i get more time i'll attempt to make a more comprehensive trip report.

in a nutshell we took 15mg 4-ho-met and 13mg 4-aco-dmt. we rented a hotel room at this place called the art hotel. really cool modern spacious artsy hotel and rooms.
music was fantastic. we also had ketamine before the trip, i'd say an hour before, not sure how much it could have affected it but i don't think it did.

a lot if it is a blur xD those were moments where we were in a trance like sort of state.

NO ANXIETY. NO NAUSEA. NOTHIN'. not overwhelming in the bad way. not once did we think we took too much or anything of the nature. it really is similar to mdma in some senses. it was extremely euphoric. GREAT visuals.

i remember distinctly having dmt like CEV's while listening to "On The Sea" by Beach House (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!)

we also listened to Heaven or Las Vegas by Cocteau Twins and on the comedown listened to a bunch of Burial. i can't stress how amazing Burial is when coming down, in particular his Kindred EP, the best electronic stuff youll hear. so atmospheric, it sounds like a dmt trip. it's a journey.

another major highlight and extreme recommendation is watching The Tree of Life by Terrence Mallick. download it in HD, that is imperative! it's the most beautiful film. transcends film, its not a movie, its an experience. every shot is so artful and masterful. "oh my god" and "what the fuuuck" was constantly heard. i can't stress how amazing it is to watch that film.

the experience was very euphoric, profound, creative, empathetic, psychedelic, very fun, comfortable and it lasted pretty damn long. like 6 to 7 hours where i normally stop tripping after like 4 hours from shrooms.

it was honestly better than any acid or shroom trip i've ever had

i can go on and on. it was a very rewarding trip. Kindred by Burial is phenomenal for CEV's. i can't stress that enough. i always loved burial before this trip, but now i TRULY get it. you really have to let go and take the ride. this trip ended 12 hours ago but im still so happy. only thing is im pretty damn tired, but that's cuz we took the stuff at around 1 in the morning and had to check out at noon. we had solid 7 hour tripping but still had the residual trippy effects for a good 9-10 hours.

i HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this, as someone who has tried a fair number of psychedelics and other substances, i've fallen in love with this combination.

now i wonder what a decent dose of mdma would be like added to the mix... :)

did you dose the 4-ho-met and the 4-aco-dmt at the same time?
for me 4-aco-dmt always seems to last 1 to 2 hours longer than 4-ho-met.
if you did dose both substances at the same time did the trip feel becoming deeper or darker towards the end?

i did dose both at the same time.
could you possibly elaborate on the "deeper" or "darker" ?

I'd assume he means mentally deeper and darker, i.e. more mindfuck, some possible anxieties or your mind bringing up negative thoughts etc. A lot of people, myself included, get these effects with 4-AcO-DMT, but they seem to be pretty unheard of with 4-HO-MET, so I think he's basically just asking if the 4-AcO-DMT effects that he perceives as negative persist once the 4-HO-MET wears off, or if its evenly balanced and all good throughout.

^^ My take on the two is pretty mich in line with that, though, 4-ho-met in high doses, can be just as deep, albiet with a different flavour. Another thing i noticed was it had a slight stimulating edge to it, 4-ho-mipt has that as well, though to a greater degree.

Metocin, is like, if you took 4-aco-dmt, and mixed it with a low dose of 5-meo-mipt imho. With less mindfuckery, and jarring affects the dmts can give, but the stimulating edge that 5-meo-mipt offers (which is a fantastic combo as well, low dose 5-meo-mipt and either 4-aco/ho-met/mipt/dmt, they all go good with it if dosed correctly).

I think I did try this combo once. I will review my old notes tomorrow and make a post that actually contains usable information. :)

I've tried it a couple of times. Also on one occasion with mxe and on another occasion with a 5/6apb combo.

It definitely retains the shroomish qualities both of those tryptamines have in spades already, and seems to retain the character of each substance in proportion to their respective doses.

IME it works for both adding a little more sense of the profound to a metocin trip or amping up the visual aspect of a psilacetin trip.

After reading this thread, I've decided a YES to combining the 4-aco-dmt with the small amount of 4-ho-met I traded for a few weeks ago.

However, I plan to plug (rectally administer) the dose. I'm thinking 20mg aco+7-8mg ho.

Do not fret as I am extremely experienced in plugging 4-aco (once plugged 120mg of super pure 2011 HCl no fucking kidding I do not recommend it at all unless you're 100% in a good place emotionally)
and many other things; I've not yet tried the 4-ho but I believe it will synergize well, and I will be with 3 or 4 others dosing the aco (sublingually). Maybe my girlfriend will take the other 7-8mg of the 4-ho.

My only concern is the stimulation 4-ho is said to cause; I'm hoping it's not a tweaky speed-like stimulation but rather a clean feeling of energy, I HATE stimulants.

Thanks for convincing me, guys. I'll be sure to write a report if I ever come back from space.

hey definitely return to this thread and let us know how that goes!
im highly interested in how that turns out!