• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-AcO-AET

Unfortunately, most vendors are no chemists and haven't the slightest clue what they're selling. I wouldn't have my hopes too high to hear back from them, Egor.

^^ I dont have my hopes too high, just a shot in the dark.

The fucker replied, here is the message, edited for my safety of course, and that of the vendor.

@#$%^,
Sorry about the confusion. I meant to label it as 3-[2-(aminobutyl)-ethyl]-4-acetoxyindole. You were correct it is 4-aco-aet. I have fixed it on my page as I got several inquiries about it. Again, sorry about the confusion,

&%$#@@%

That is more that I was expecting, but I will still not be tasting it again until after I test it.

Marquis test result>Yellow to dark brownish-green over about 10 mins.

Can anyone tell me if this helps with the identification??
I finally decided to reopen the vial and test it. I am still holding off on another test run due to the uncertain identity of the substance. If anyone has access to hplc and would be willing to test it pm me please, this has really been tempting me, but I would like to be certain:\

I still have not been able to confirm its identity, so no more trials for now...

are you still looking for somebody to analyze it? I can try to ask some people if so.

question: No chem buff here, but how would they be able to analyze it without a known sample though? I bet 4-aco-AET has never been analyzed by anything, NMR, GC/MS, etc.

OMG-just fucking taste the goddamn shit already! why'd u buy it if the only way you'll try it is if god himself comes down and hands you an MSDS!? Shit, these companies are into a legally shady area as it is, they're tryin to make a buck but they aint tryin to kill no one.

^ Yeah, and that is exactly why this thing needs analysis: these companies can sell any drug claiming it to be 4-AcO-AET.

toxide said:
OMG-just fucking taste the goddamn shit already! why'd u buy it if the only way you'll try it is if god himself comes down and hands you an MSDS!? Shit, these companies are into a legally shady area as it is, they're tryin to make a buck but they aint tryin to kill no one.

That's not a very smart approach.

You know, he brings up a valid point:
toxide said:
why'd u buy it if the only way you'll try it is if god himself comes down and hands you an MSDS!?

If you had no idea what it was, you might as well have saved your money. It's probably not going to kill you; if it were me I'd just pull a Shulgin and start very, very low, and work up. You may never know what it is, but if it proves to be worthwhile material you'll have at least gained something.

That's just me though. I'll admit that there's some risk there, and it's probably better safe than sorry, but my curiosity would compel me to try it anyway. :)

Anytime there is a question of identity involving any psychoactive, I hold off until its identity is revealed...

Good call. I can honestly say I respect your self-control in this matter. I don't think I could do it. ;)

well whats the point of taking it anyways without knowing what it is? Perhaps personal satisfaction? Certainly not contributing anything to the community. We would just have to disregard his research if he did something like that. A chemical like this that will have effects so close to other 4-substituted-Ts (most likely at least) should CERTAINLY have its identity revealed before experimentation occurs, just so as to KNOW that you are ingesting THIS one and not another 4-sub-T.

Dig?

I think that if there were any question to the validity of the source you'd want to invest the money to get your substance tested. Knowing would be good and your health is on the line. I don't tend to fuck with my health.

being devils advocate...but how often are any of the other exotic chemicals going around tested? How sure can you be that your 2c-d, or 4-ho-met is authentic? Even when nmr or gs/ms output is included couldn't that be faked? or more likely, mean next to nothing to 95% of customers.

Maybe I'm missing the point and there is something about 4-aco-aet that makes its existence suspect.

anything ever happen with this? AMT & AET have both piqued my interest lately, this certainly seems of interest as well.

The last time I recall an inquiry about 4-HO-AMT, probably my own I thought it was rejected as being neurotoxic or otherwise icky.
IIRC alpha-ethyl-tryptamine is worse in the toxicity department than the nice but borderline AMT. 5-MeO-AMT isn't any good either... that's why I am saying borderline: its like its evolved into a cul-de-sac.

Let me dig something up, I'm finding this strange that no alarms are going off. The acetate is always a good touch by the way :)

Yeah I was right, copied this from the 4-HO-AMT thread - its from TIHKAL

The 4-hydroxy analogue of a-MT has been looked at in human subjects. It is reported to be markedly visual in its effects, with some subjects reporting dizziness and a depressed feeling. There were, however, several toxic signs at doses of 15 to 20 milligrams orally, including abdominal pain, tachycardia, increased blood pressure and, with several people, headache and diarrhea.

I would find it remarkable if the alpha-ethyl group would change this nastiness, for good I mean.

Do be careful.
By that I mean (considering how old this thread is) if anyone decides to go ahead with this do it Shulgin style and look for the side-effects described here fore 4-HO-AMT...

About the identity: I feel really weird about it, many exotic drugs are not verified when tried but if the results turn out somewhat within expectation (and that is easy if you don't know what to expect) people are not that suspecting of their compound.
When someone yells "hey! do you absolutely know for sure what you are taking?" whether it's about a more exotic drug or not at all... people have to admit they don't until further notice of actual analysis.
Perhaps the logic is that if a lot of a compound is on the market it's not that hard to believe if someone offers the real thing. That's the only thing to go by. Other than that I feel like it shows us a big flaw in what we are doing here, except those of us who can verify compounds themselves, through expensive means or through limited analysis / reference comparison like it's free to do in my country...
The flaw is many of us don't really know, and sometimes accidents happen. I just hope everyone realizes what we sometimes do in good faith, now before you get mentally paralyzed from implicated uncertainty... carry on. But responsibly ;)

Last edited:
I've always been curious about the 4-substituted AMT/AETs. Still am. :)