View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-Ac0-DMT question!?!? Please help.

GreatArc

Greenlighter
As I understand it, 4-AcO can come as a fumarate or freebase and that these are separate things.

I was shown a portion of 4-Aco-DMT Fumarate from a lab but it also mentioned freebase on the label, so I don't understand which he has and wondering if you could help me understand why I am confused about the labelling.

Without providing a picture of the label or source, I wrote down what his label said so I could research it later and understand why it is labelled this way:

4-AcO-DMT fumarate
Quantity: 500mg
CAS No.: 92292-84-7 (freebase) Link: http://www.chemicalbook.com/ChemicalProductProperty_EN_CB81497366.htm

Molecular Formula:
C18H22N2O6
Molecular Weight: 362.375g/mol

I have seen thread which make distinctions between Fumarate & Freebase, so wondering what I am not getting?

BTW: Please do not regard this thread as asking about the identification of a substance, this is specifically a question about 4-AcO-DMT, asking for definitional help with fumarate and freebase and clarification about why a label might appear this way. Is this substance consumed orally?

Thanks for the help,
-G.A.

it's because the CAS# are for the freebase, probably because the fumarate salt doesn't have a CAS#

//blazR

Thank you. I had considered that might be the case, but as a relative new explorer without much of a pharmaceutical or chemistry background I wanted to appeal to the group. In any case, I know that the substance was a fumarate.

There is an easy way to test. Try to dissolve a small bit of the powder in water. If it does not dissolve, it's freebase. If it does dissolve, it's a salt of some sort and you have no reason to believe it's not the fumarate salt. For what it's worth, I haven't seen anyone selling 4-substituted tryptamines as freebases since like 2006, because they're very unstable as freebases. Fumarate salts are usually used because they are the most stable of the salts. They're also less potent because they're heavier which kinda sucks, but it's worth it for long-term stability.