• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

3rd generation Glock 21SF(.45) VS 4th generation Glock 22(.40)earth toned handle

i think a 40 is going to stop just about anything that a 45 will.

I am not so sure. It has good piercing ability but the stopping power isnt quite there IME. The 40 is considerably smaller being its only appeal. Hoping this site had more stick up boys :)

if we assume you're going to be shooting unwashed-god-damned-pinko-fuckhead-bastard-lefties and not hippos and elephants, then .40 is going to get the job done fine.

alasdair

Last edited:
.40 will indeed get the job done. My carry is a Beretta PX4 Storm subcompact .40 .. but sometimes I prefer to carry my Glock 32 (357 sig).

if we assume you're going to be shooting unwashed-god-damned-pinko-faggot-bastard-lefties and not hippos and elephants, then .40 is going to get the job done fine.

alasdair

This. Sure, a .45 is a bigger gun and will have more stopping power, but a .40 will still stop it pretty damn good. Bigger and more powerful than a 9mm but usually the same exact size gun

if we assume you're going to be shooting unwashed-god-damned-pinko-faggot-bastard-lefties and not hippos and elephants, then .40 is going to get the job done fine.

alasdair

A 50 cal pistol wouldnt stop a hippo? I stuck with the 45. Carried it to work with me as I was wearing a suit. I can saftley say carrying is not for me. Its over kill Im in TN not DC.

^lol, no.

Don't buy a Glock, SIG/Sauer is what you want. In all reality though, most situations, you don't even need a .40cal, let alone or a .45. 9mm does the job just fine....well...most of the time.

A 50 cal pistol wouldnt stop a hippo? I stuck with the 45. Carried it to work with me as I was wearing a suit. I can saftley say carrying is not for me. Its over kill Im in TN not DC.
4 people responded and all 4 told you that .40 was fine. but you went with .45 and it's overkill. why bother asking for opinions?

alasdair

Stopping power/hydrostatic shock is irrelevant when it comes to handgun calibres, it's a buzzword thrown about like it means something. The difference in expansion and energy between .40S&W and .45ACP JHP's is negligible to none.

My advice, hold and shoot the handguns extensively before buying them. How they fit, feel and shoot is critical, and something noone can advise you on. Try carrying it IWB, see if you can draw it well. Make sure you are comfortable with the recoil, the controls, the trigger and see if you can shoot it accurately and consistently. Dont buy a gun based on the name or how manly the calibre is perceived to be.

BTW a 115gr jhp 9mm +p has more ft/lb energy than a 230gr .45 hydrashock, so it is erroneous to say .45 ALWAYS has more energy than a 9mm, you have to look at the rounds your buying.

American pussies and their insta-wins. Can't throw down like real men.