• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

3mg suboxone first time?

seahawks168

Bluelighter
Just got rx'd subs to kick this opiate habit that is pillaging my wallet. I got rx'd the 8mg sublinguals. I cut about 3/8's off, so 3mg.

Background

Highest dose of opiates (5 days ago) 120mg hydrocodone. Pretty decent buzz

I just want the drawls to go away, so is 3mg an ok start? I think the doc who rx'd me was a quack.

if you are serious about kicking the habit tell the Dr what amount of pills you use a day he will usually start patients at 4mg and go up or down. My son started 8mg + 4mg dose because he is a heavy user usually 5 or 6 24mg Hydromorphs a day so his tolerance is hi.

the only problem with suboxone is it only works for patients that use IV it makes them vomit and sick as hell. If you smoke or snort your hydromorphs or chew them SUBOXONE is useless to you.

some patients will start vomiting after they have had a couple doses of suboxone the reason this happens is because the dosage isn't strong enough

the only problem with suboxone is it only works for patients that use IV it makes them vomit and sick as hell. If you smoke or snort your hydromorphs or chew them SUBOXONE is useless to you.
what? this makes no sense.

buddy, whats your plan? you want to stay on Suboxone or you want off ASAP!? you just went through a habit so what is your rush to get off? I dont understand?

tough to give you any advice w/o knowing what your plan is. you can take the 3MG and easily get through a full 24HRs. the next day stick w/ the original 3MG dose and go through it again; you will feel fine throughout the day. if you want to drop your dose an get off bupe ASAP then slowly taper your dosage from there but I do not understand what the rush is since you just been scripted and you are just kicking your habit now.

some patients will start vomiting after they have had a couple doses of suboxone the reason this happens is because the dosage isn't strong enough

Suboxone works just fine for users that administer their opiates in all different routes whether it's IV, oral, snorting, plugging, or whatever else. Suboxone is a medication used to treat all forms of opiate addiction. Mainly chronic opiate addiction. Meaning if you have only been using opiates for a short while, you may not really need suboxone. There are other better and safer ways to wean off your drug of choice. You can become physically dependent on suboxone as well, since buprenorphine is an opiate in itself. A powerful one as well. And about what you were saying about people vomiting and it making them sick is likely because they took the suboxone too early and it threw them into precipitated withdrawal. And I also ask, and many others here on BL would agree with me saying please, before you post know exactly what you are saying before posting and possibly giving misleading information. Thanks.

TO THE OP:

how long have you been using hydrocodone? Is that the only opiate you were using?

If you are just starting suboxone for the first time 3mg should hold you just fine. Best way to tell what dose is best for you, is take small doses of the suboxone every 45mins-hour until you feel better. Like take 1mg to start, then take another 1mg 45mins later and so on til you feel the withdrawal disappear. Then there is your starting dose. I personally hardly ever need more than 4 or 5mg, when transitioning from a heroin/fentanyl habit.

It sounds like you had a relatively mild or low moderate addiction, and 2-3mg doses should do the trick.

Just remember Before You start taking the sub that you are in full blown withdrawal, otherwise you risk precipitating withdrawal, and believe me, that is something you don't ever want to go thru, and I suggest you read up on that there are many, many threads here on BL about preventing precipitated withdrawal. Read as much as you can about suboxone, and good ways to taper off of it, because it also like I said, you can become physically dependent on the sub as well. Be careful.

If I were you, I would say screw the sub, and detox using an OTC method, because hydrocodone is relatively weak and not that hard to kick. But if you already been scripted the subs, read up about them as much as possible. Good luck bro!

THX guys but if you read it is my son he has been a heavy user for 13yrs and started on H then went to OxyContins & Dilaudids for the last full year he has been using Fentanyl HCL 99.6% pure.

He has overdosed 3 times in 7 mths and resuscitated once on Feb 3rd of this year. SUBOXONE is for addicts that look to IV if they IV any opiate they will vomit and be just like alcoholics drinking on antibus. You can smoke pills , H, China White, Fent or anything else it wont effect you BUT if you IV any Opiate or Opiod You will be sicker than a dog.

My son has been on Suboxone for almost 3mths now and has been rushed to the hospital 2x for using on the 8mg + 4mg Suboxone and now he has been clean since March 16th he is fighting to stay clean but being a heavy user of Fent now makes it really hard to clean himself up

I don't know if we are discussing the same meds my son is on he is taking a 8mg + 4mg Suboxone these are TIME release so how can you break it up and take smaller amounts that is just senseless as that is how the OxyContin Epidemic started by Drs that didn't understand the medication and the proper way to use the product

BigVapePen - please do us a favor; stop talking about something you know little about.

your son does fent? welcome to the world, we all are using fent 24/7. I have shot fent for the past 3 years and started on 16/MG Suboxone; I am down to 4MG in less than 6 months.

the questions/things you are saying shows that you have not did your homework; or maybe you have but do not fully understand the drug itself because you are NOT doing the drug yourself. same goes for what your son has done in the past; realize you are talking to those of us who have had KILLER problems and have OD'd many more times than your son, lol, not something I want to brag about but what you are saying is making little to no sense.

how can we break the Suboxone? easy ,you split the pill in half, third, or whatever it is you need. your son is on what? 12MG/Suboxone a day? so 8MG in the AM and 4MG in the PM? what do you mean when you say 8MG + 4MG? 12MG/day? these are not time release pills/strips or whatever he might be on.

your son has his own problems, dont assume they will be what everyone else goes through.

BigVapePen, what you are saying is not true. If someone takes suboxone , then decides to use, EVEN IF USING BY IV, the buprenorphine will block the effects of that opiate they were using because buprenorphine has a higher affinity to the opiate receptors than almost all other opiates. It plugs itself into the receptors and blocks any other opiate from plugging in. Therefore if someone used dope after they took the suboxone in high doses they would not get high or feel little to no effects of that other opiate. IT WOULD NOT MAKE THEM SICK.

If someone took suboxone in small doses, like under 2mg, the buprenorphine may have little to no blocking effects, and may even potentiate the other opiate.

HOWEVER, if someone took suboxone too soon AFTER using another opiate like heroin, Oxycontin, dilaudid...etc.. then they would get sick because they would be thrown into precipitated withdrawal. This happens because of buprenorphine higher affinity to the receptors, like I mentioned above. The buprenorphine comes in and displaces the other opiate off the receptors, then binds itself to wherever it can. When this happens the user goes thru some very intense withdrawal symptoms. ESPECIALLY if they IV the suboxone. This is why you are to be in full blown withdrawal before taking suboxone, to make sure the receptors are completely vacated and empty so the user does not experience precipitated withdrawal and the suboxone works effectively.

Catch my drift?

"Just use hash mmmkay?!"

if you are going to use hash take some 99% alcohol and crumble the hash into it. Let hash sit about 30mins and then start to emulsify the alcohol & hash together this will take a bit of time but it will full dissolve in the alcohol once it is fullt blended add it to some 70%/30% VG/PG glycerine and heat it slowly so the alcohol evapes out now you have your E-Cig liquid just filter it 2x and use a syringe to fill the cartridge inside the E-Cig
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...full-melt-bubble-hash?p=13601890#post13601890

Suboxone working only for IV users is nonsense.

And with this particular medication less is often more. 4mg is a good starting point. 8mg should really be considered a fairly high starting point although it seems to be the standard for may doctors. Not because a larger dose is particularly dangerous, but it makes for a longer and more painful taper.

Precipitated withdrawal can actually often be defeated by taking larger and larger amounts of buprenorphine (say 1-2mg/30-60minutes sublingual) perhaps unless your habit is truly outrageous, but in largely all cases. From a bundle and a half a day I went to about 16mg and then was fine, now I am on alternating doses of 4mg and 8mg every other day. From the highest dose you get to defeat precipitated withdrawal you then taper down there, as quickly as possible, to your minimum therapeutic dose, which again is likely to be in the 4-8mg range or even lower, despite popular belief to the contra

Hi guys I am only repeating what the Dr. has said to my son and I
Also in Canada they only have 8mg and 2mg tablets thats why I mentioned in an earlier post they might be a different pill I DONT KNOW

My son said as soon as he to carry his weekly perscription I can take a photo to post so maybe members here can TRULY explain stuff as DR. Here at the recovery clinic says he will be sick and vomiting like an alcoholic using antibuse to stop drinking

I'd hate to say but someone isn't staying with the truth. Maybe your son invented this buprenorphine working as antabus for IV opioid stuff so that you don't have to worry about the fact that buprenorphine is maintenance drug and opioid in itself (although partial agonist)?

Or maybe you are confusing what naloxene in subuxone is doing when suboxone is injected?

This whole drug addict world contains a lot of knowledge which may be hard to swallow at once if you are not part of it yourself and had to deal with someone who is part of it.

I have seen pictures of suboxin and those tabs say N8 and N2 they look beige in color here the soboxone are N8 mg (white color ) N2 mg (grayish color )
this is what there recovery clinic perscribed as soboxone and told both of us that inject any opiate while on soboxone will cause vomiting and may cause Overdosing
I am not a Dr but when a father hears this that scares the shit out of you and then you really start to worry about what may or could happen

Last edited:
I have seen pictures of suboxin and those tabs say N8 and N2 they look beige in color here the soboxone are N8 mg (white color ) N2 mg (grayish color )
this is what there recovery clinic perscribed as soboxone and told both of us that inject any opiate while on soboxone will cause vomiting and may cause Overdosing
I am not a Dr but when a father hears this that scares the shit out of you and then you really start to worry about what may or could happen

the doctors are lying to try and keep people in their program from using other opiates, or you are misunderstanding the doctor. suboxone simply blocks any other opiate you should choose to do and prevents you from feeling anything from it, no buzz or high. it will not make you sick. I am a suboxone patient myself and I would know. you are confused and wrong.

Hi guys I am only repeating what the Dr. has said to my son and I
Also in Canada they only have 8mg and 2mg tablets thats why I mentioned in an earlier post they might be a different pill I DONT KNOW

My son said as soon as he to carry his weekly perscription I can take a photo to post so maybe members here can TRULY explain stuff as DR. Here at the recovery clinic says he will be sick and vomiting like an alcoholic using antibuse to stop drinking
there is only 8MG and 2MG but you can break the tab in half and be on 4MG, 3MG, whatever you want to be on. the idea is to slowly decrease your action and go from there .

I'd hate to say but someone isn't staying with the truth. Maybe your son invented this buprenorphine working as antabus for IV opioid stuff so that you don't have to worry about the fact that buprenorphine is maintenance drug and opioid in itself (although partial agonist)?

Or maybe you are confusing what naloxene in subuxone is doing when suboxone is injected?

This whole drug addict world contains a lot of knowledge which may be hard to swallow at once if you are not part of it yourself and had to deal with someone who is part of it.

He was trolling the Canadian Opioid Thread. Canadian Suboxone is exactly like the American ones were when they were pills and Orange. Except they are white. And contains natural extracts of lime and lemon. So even if you have micron filters you are destroying your veins if you shoot them up. Now we have generic Suboxone, Teva-BupeNalox and Mylan-BupeNalox, sometimes I pay the 8 dollars to have my week with real Suboxone, but no, I don't know what he's trying to convince you of. But snorting the tablets like I did at first for a few months (not always) had more effects but were gone much faster too. I have no idea what he's trying to convince you of. But it's likely bullshit, like him saying he's buying 120mg OC's by the boatload....yeah 160mg OC's existed for like 3 years, then they were hospital only like Dilaudid-HP solution and the even stronger 50mg/ml dilaudid solution for really bad accidents/burn wards on top of the ketamine and demerol. 120mg oxy's never existed. The only 120mg pill of an opiate I can think of is the british with their DHC Contin 120mg. The guy's trolling the place everywhere.

Well the trolling explains the hard headedness and ignorance of those posts guess... Heh...