• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids 3cc shots have ankle puffy and huge

LuerLock

Greenlighter
Not naming what is injected but repeated 3cc syringe filtered shots have an ankle so puffy pressing it with a finger leaves a 10 second indentation. Have had surgeries on foot and leg so am assuming the tibial vein is screwed up. The shot is just fine but the ankle gets bigger and bigger. Stupid...one of those that has scar tissued every where and now can't have visible tracks (hands, etc). How does this fluid get out of my ankle? It's so bad there is pressure at rest...without bending it. Bending it creates folds. It looks like some elderly relatives I've seen in the hospital a couple times over the past decades. I am not worried of abscess. Taking cephalaxin now and the past few days for another true abscess elsewhere. I just wanna shrink my ankle back asap. Would HCTZ water pill help at all? Thanks for advice!

Not naming what is injected but repeated 3cc syringe filtered shots have an ankle so puffy pressing it with a finger leaves a 10 second indentation

That's called pitting edema and is due to fluid accumulation. This typically happens when the valves of the venous system are failing in the extremity affected, it's very difficult for our heart to pull blood up against gravity, so there are numerous valves that open and close in sync with the cardiac cycle so the blood doesn't fall straight back down to the feet and ankles. The fluid is either relieved with diuretics or elevating the ankle above the heart so the blood can drain efficiently to the inferior vena cava and the accumulated fluid can be absorbed into the tissues.

I’d honestly go to see a Dr about it. If you’ve an abscess also I’d be worrying about chronic Venus disease (CVD). It’s not something to ignore and hope it goes away. Definitely go and see about it. Give your veins a break and find another ROA.

Just use big syringe and 21G needle and pull that fluid out

Please do not do this, this is harmful advice. It is not just water, but fluid that leaks from the veins into the tissues in the feet and ankles as the blood pools in the veins there and is stationary and unable to drain effectively.

Actually i did it (twice). I had to repeat the proccess next day and then everything was OK.

Actually i did it (twice). I had to repeat the proccess next day and then everything was OK.

I'm not even sure what to say, it likely wasn't pitting edema then as OP has described. He made no indication to a missed shot, either, which indicates it's solely venous leakage.

I really think the only really safe suggestion here is to seek medical attention. This puffiness could be due to a lot of different issues, some minor and others possibly malignant.