Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

3C-E (7mg insufflated) - First Trial - Promising Twinkle

Pfafffed

Moderator: PD
Staff member
Background: I'm middle aged and have taken several dozen classical and research psychedelics over the last few decades.

Set: I shouldn't have any psychedelic tolerance at the moment, since it's been several weeks since my last experience. I've been on a course of memantine. I skipped my dose two days ago, had 8mg yesterday morning, and none today. I believe there shouldn't be enough in my system to affect the report.

I slept well, despite waking a few times in the night regretting having had that single beer. Mood is good, weather outside is grey and somewhat chilly this morning. My mind and mood are both good. Going to start my daily routine after this, albeit with a bit of a late start.

7:40 - ~7mg insufflated on an empty stomach. I woke up and took it before brushing my teeth, dressing, or anything else. Neither the burn or drip are unpleasant. Kind of minty. Feel an alert within 5-10 minutes, more PEA lightheaded fog than stimulation at the outset. Pretty minor.

8:30 - Nothing much has developed. I felt like the headspace was ever so slightly psychedelic (not a good thing in my opinion--I would have wanted more, or less) and ever so slightly stimulating. Now, I think I have found an equilibrium with them both and simply feel my normal out of sorts self. I may need to increase the dose

8:50 - Haven't redosed, but felt a sudden bump up in intensity. Maybe it was the post-nasal drip kicking in orally? Still mild. My libido has been slightly elevated, and I'm noticing some slight crampiness in my muscles. I should probably take some magnesium. Still very little in the way of stimulation.

9:00 - Was about to redose, but realize that quarantine is not the time or the place for this drug. I was expecting a more amphetaminey style stimulation for this that I could use for writing or work, but I'm feeling a more expansive stimulation ala mescaline where I want to engage, be open, and surrender. It would be great for a campout, festival, or even a lazy lounge day at home. It doesn't seem to me to have that tightness, that narrowing of focus that I was expecting. I think I might like it, maybe even combined with 4C-D, but that feeling of expansiveness is feeling at odds with my rather goal-driven outlook at the moment. I have a list of long-term tasks that I want to make incremental progress on, and that doesn't seem aligned with the spirit of this drug. I can't abort it now, but I don't want to take it any higher. I think I'll save this for a sunny weekend day, starting with at the very least 10mg insufflated, expecting to go higher.

9:15 Yeah, I think 8:50 was the actual onset. It feels like a trippier headspace than before. Actually, it's a classic PEA underdose. Not impressed. Gonna have to think of some kind of stimulant to clear my head. I could throw a 5-HT2a antagonist at it (kratom, trazodone) but that would just add another layer of fog into the mix. Maybe I'll meditate for a half an hour first and see where that takes me.

9:25 - I'm actually liking this psychedelic headspace more now that it's fleshing out. I guess the prior may just have been the comeup. Now I'm kind of regretting not increasing the dose. I think I probably would, but my partner isn't tripping today, and sometimes I feel socially awkward when that's the case.

10:05 - Did a satisfying 35min concentration meditation while measuring my brainwaves. My time spent actually centered and focused was way lower than usual, so my default mode network was presumably far more active than usual. This is not unusual for me on psychedelics.

10:20 Experience has transitioned into a mild, warm, trippy body high. I like it. It's faintly, but consistently erotic like the 'scalines. It's reminiscent of their warmth. It's a little crampy, but not bad. I think I would like this in a higher dose for a pleasant, lazy weekend day where I wanted to hang out with my partner, spend quality time together, but not really trip. I would also like this in a higher dosage, maybe start with double this. I would like to take more now, but it's getting a bit late in the day and is potentially too late to redose anyway. I'm beginning to wonder if intranasal was any faster to come on than oral, or if maybe I'm just moving through its three phases faster. I'm definitely regretting not taking a higher dose, especially because that would help me better judge the duration and whether or not the ROA was impacting the experience. Yesterday, I was thinking wistfully about how nice it would be to take some MAL. This is not as nice as MAL, but it's definitely got some of the same qualities of it that I like. It makes me wonder if maybe I should give escaline a shot one day even though I didn't care for proscaline at all. There's certainly a hint of emotionality to it, as I find myself wishing my partner was available to hang out with. At a +.

10:45 Administered 8mg of memantine sublingually, as I didn't really want to miss my daily dose.

3:07 The memantine was a nice addition. While the disso qualities made it a little trippier than it had been, the D2 agonism did wonders for helping channel my energy and motivation into productive tasks to help me salvage the day given the situation. The two cups of iced coffee also paired really nicely. I'll post a proper solo-drug report when I take it again at a dosage that produces something more than just a +. Appetite has been normal. Body tension is reminiscent of a light dose of 2C-T-2, so I haven't bothered with magnesium. Since this is just a +, it's hard to say what the character of the drug will end up being, but it feels to me like a thin, DOxy version of what I imagine escaline to be like (based on MAL, mescaline, and proscaline.) It's got a nice emotionality to it, pleasant body sensations, some body tension, not too much cognitive demand, and some enhanced libido (which feels similar to the 'scalines in character.) Basically just an easygoing festival party drug or weekend camping with friends drug. Too extroverted in focus to be good for a cloudy day by myself indoors. Al in all, I would be surprised if I came to find it to be a winning drug, but I could see it being nice and having its place. I'd know more from a higher dose, but I'm thinking it will be nice, but with little in the way of fireworks, much like 4C-D. Headspace is still going strong at this stage.

4:45 Effects starting to diminish. Or maybe it's just the fact that I've been writing contracts.

6:00 Effects are no longer noticeable under the memantine, so I think it's fair to say that for all intents and purposes I'm down.

Conclusion: This was an interesting first trial. I'm looking forward to trying it again on a nice, sunny, relaxing day. I think it may be quite nice. Given that I entirely miscalculated the nature of the experience it would produce, I'm glad I ended up having such an all around pleasant day.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_3ce
substancecode_amphetamines
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_nasal

Thanks for sharing, glad to see your opinion on this. :) I'm surprised to hear you found it faintly minty, I experience the flavor as a sweetness with a light bittterness, like stevia kind of. It's pretty unique, I've never tasted another phenethylamine like it.

I could throw a 5-HT2a antagonist at it (kratom, trazodone) but that would just add another layer of fog into the mix

I had no idea kratom is an antagonist of 5-HT2a... I used to always take it on psychedelics and I specifically always felt that it did not bring down my trips as much as other opioids.

Basically just an easygoing festival party drug or weekend camping with friends drug. Too extroverted in focus to be good for a cloudy day by myself indoors. Al in all, I would be surprised if I came to find it to be a winning drug, but I could see it being nice and having its place. I'd know more from a higher dose, but I'm thinking it will be nice, but with little in the way of fireworks, much like 4C-D. Headspace is still going strong at this stage.

I basically agree with this assessment. It's pleasant but it's not a winner. I have taken it up to 30mg and the side effects became more pronounced without a substantial increase in positives or psychedelia. I think probably 20mg is ideal, as it gets stronger but is still smooth and light. I find the bodyload almost nonexistant with this drug, it feels very smooth and pleasant and nonthreatening. But there are better substtances.

I want to try taking 3C-P higher, from reports it is more psychedelic, though a little rougher.

Thanks for sharing, glad to see your opinion on this. :) I'm surprised to hear you found it faintly minty, I experience the flavor as a sweetness with a light bittterness, like stevia kind of. It's pretty unique, I've never tasted another phenethylamine like it.

It might! I couldn't taste it, just feel its cool sensation. If it had hit my tastebud, I might have found it to be the same. Definitely unusual!

I had no idea kratom is an antagonist of 5-HT2a... I used to always take it on psychedelics and I specifically always felt that it did not bring down my trips as much as other opioids.
Yeah, I read an article from a guy on another forum that was taking 80g of kratom a day and was complaining that 140mg of 4-AcO-DMT and 80mg of DMT wasn't doing much for him. I wonder how much of that was psychedelic tolerance, though. Here's the actual scientific article, though.

I want to try taking 3C-P higher, from reports it is more psychedelic, though a little rougher.
I almost tried it on Saturday, but I thought better of it. I have a new batch of untested cactus tea that I decided not to extract. Since I needed to find out how potent it was and since I woke up at 5AM, I decided that I may as well use the day to titrate up to determine the strength of the tea. Well, five hours and six booster doses in, I decide that I've hit the point of diminishing returns for the day. Rather than ride out what had ended up being an aggressively vanilla + experience like I normally would, I decided to ramp it up with some complementary materials (since my friend was having their strongest mescaline experience ever at the same time from my old batch. RIP.) I decided to revisit 3C-E, insufflating 15mg. That proved nice, but subtle, still aggressively vanilla. I went back to the originally planned booster, taking 20mg of 2C-D orally. That seemed nice, but still subtle, so after 1hr20min I decided to throw good sense to wind and throw on another drug. It was going to be 2F-DCK, but I remembered that the empathetic afterglow was a big part of why we selected mescaline. Nice to have that when you're cooped up with someone in long-term isolation. I opted for 15mg of 5-MAPB, but settled on insufflating 11mg when that's what landed on the scale.

Within five minutes, I took off like a rocket. I realize a couple days later that the 2C-D probably hadn't kicked in until about the time I took the 5-MAPB. Whoops. Fortunately, it ended up being a very pleasant and enjoyable experience all around, although I was still a bit sad to go through the unpleasantness of drinking that much nauseating snot without the reward of a proper, healthy mescaline experience on the other side.

"Kind of minty"! :D

I wish my drips from any of K, coke, or meth back in the day were "kind of minty" instead of the dreadful "kind of what the hell am I doing with my life" taste. <3

Nice, report.
I'm curious, how would 3C-E compare to 2C-E?
Cheers. :)

3C-E and 2C-E are entirely differently. Even on the chemical forumula level... the "E" is 3C-E refers to an ethooxy (rather than an ethyl) on the 4 position, whereas 2C-E has an ethyl on the 4, and in 3C-E, there is an additional methoxy on the 3-position. So despite their seemingly close structure due to nomenclature, they are not all that similar.

2C-E is a high-order psychedelic that is as intense and deep as they come, and 3C-E is not that at all.