View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

350 mg 4-aco-dmt trip. This needs to be documented

Gimp55

Greenlighter
So i have decided to go balls deep with this RC just so if anyone wants to try and get close, there's something out there. I've never seen or heard of anyone taking this much of this stuff at once. I took 120 mg for my first trip on it and it was the most intense and interesting trip of my life....

6 hours later:... The 350 trumped it.... there are no words in the English language for what just happened... anyone have questions, just ask.

Wow...

You are just wasting product and fucking up your body... Have you heard about psychedelic saturation point? There is a point where it doesn't matter even if you took 40mg or 400mg, effects won't grow up. You sound like the most irresponsible guy I've ever read. This is bluelight, the term harm reduction is something you are aware of?

I dont know the pharm profile of 4-xO-DMT but a side-note on psychedelic saturation is that while I guess 5-HT2a activation levels off in a certain dose range (like an asymptote?), that doesn't mean you can't also get extra activation of say 5-HT1a if that is a kinda minor binding target of the drug? That could still contribute even if its wasting it on 2a?
Oops only in this case, just checked, very interestingly psilocin has an even higher affinity for 1a than 2a so it would be the reverse.

In any case seems doubtful that the saturation is at 40 mg for 4-AcO-DMT don't you think? That doesn't nearly relate to the dose for LSD, 'average' dose proportionate to the experientially estimated saturation point. Let alone whether it's shown in vitro (link me to source if it was, please, would be interesting)

Yeah its irresponsible as we dont know for sure the safety like we do with psilocin, but this 10-fold therapeutic index does sound similar...

Also interested in description of the trip, please write that up before random open questions :D

You are just wasting product and fucking up your body... Have you heard about psychedelic saturation point? There is a point where it doesn't matter even if you took 40mg or 400mg, effects won't grow up. You sound like the most irresponsible guy I've ever read. This is bluelight, the term harm reduction is something you are aware of?
I think the saturation point of this one is beyond 100mg... I found 100mg far more intense in every way than 50mg.

I dont know the pharm profile of 4-xO-DMT but a side-note on psychedelic saturation is that while I guess 5-HT2a activation levels off in a certain dose range (like an asymptote?), that doesn't mean you can't also get extra activation of say 5-HT1a if that is a kinda minor binding target of the drug? That could still contribute even if its wasting it on 2a? Oops only in this case, just checked, very interestingly psilocin has an even higher affinity for 1a than 2a so it would be the reverse. In any case seems doubtful that the saturation is at 40 mg for 4-AcO-DMT don't you think? That doesn't nearly relate to the dose for LSD, 'average' dose proportionate to the experientially estimated saturation point. Let alone whether it's shown in vitro (link me to source if it was, please, would be interesting) Yeah its irresponsible as we dont know for sure the safety like we do with psilocin, but this 10-fold therapeutic index does sound similar... Also interested in description of the trip, please write that up before random open questions :D
Well, I was just putting an example, of course saturation point will depend on the subject tolerance, pharmacokinetics, substance purity, etc. I find 40mg to be a pretty strong dose for me. But probably if I add 10mg the experience will be a lot more strong. The point is that if I take 500mg, I'll probably feel the same as 80-100mg. There is no point on going over certain point :) Just wanting to add a touch of harm reduction to the post, as all you seemed to encourage the OP to do such a crazy dose.

I totally fucked myself for any more acetylated tryps after a heavy 4-aco-dmt binge...2 or 3 days a week at 120+ mg IM shots. Now I can't do a small enough amount not to puke and go into "DMT X 10 Land".
I hope this doesn't happen to you man.
There'll come a day when I dip back into the gram I have, but it'll be another year or two.
Glad you liked it though...elaborate on your trip...please.

Well discouragement is in place and also done in this thread, the fascination on the other hand is not more than natural and a report may also give us some warning signs or other info that can be used as HR.

TL;DR still means you read enough of it correctly to summarize ;) =D

This has nothing to do with a dealer, and one isn't even mentioned, instead Gimp said in the OP that he decided to 'go for it'. Did you mean 'drug users'?

Sounds awesome! I would just recommend that you don't try anything intense like that anytime soon, as I heard that marijuana is sometimes permanently ruined and non-relaxing after having an insane trip.

I totally fucked myself for any more acetylated tryps after a heavy 4-aco-dmt binge...2 or 3 days a week at 120+ mg IM shots. Now I can't do a small enough amount not to puke and go into "DMT X 10 Land".
I hope this doesn't happen to you man.
There'll come a day when I dip back into the gram I have, but it'll be another year or two.
Glad you liked it though...elaborate on your trip...please.

Wow ...what do you mean by that? Like any amount ..even say, 15 mg will send you into a breakthrough plus vomiting?

TL;DR still means you read enough of it correctly to summarize ;) =D

This has nothing to do with a dealer, and one isn't even mentioned, instead Gimp said in the OP that he decided to 'go for it'. Did you mean 'drug users'?

I don't know what I meant.

Who cares what I meant.

There is a kid doing entirely way too many drugs in the OP.

Hmmm

Yeah theres more than one side to it than to just oversimplify... 120 mg for your first time is like 6 doses which is, even if physically harmless, a pretty risky in other ways and irresponsible thing to do - let alone going over it.

With some of the other synthetic / non-classic psychedelics you couldn't get away with that, most likely.

Relative physical safety of compounds like 4-AcO-DMT is mostly assumed from theory and looking at psilocin. I don't really know how much has been reported on high doses of 4-AcO-DMT before, but checking physical reaction to high doses should be done in a much less reckless way. Fortunately, as quite the relief, it seems here that it is not considerably less safe physically than psilocin, although one report still isn't proof..

It very much depends on how well you consider the safety to be established now.. if you just compare it to mushrooms or acid, I don't see people getting shit for taking high doses of that in the same way.

nuance!

Wow ...what do you mean by that? Like any amount ..even say, 15 mg will send you into a breakthrough plus vomiting?

It did two years ago. Still sitting on the rest...waiting.
I don't mind the extreme headspace, but 2 hours of extreme nausea I DO mind.
I've been thinking about using some Zofran prior to tripping on it, now that I know about it. Phenergan used to be the only anti-emetic I was familiar with and I HATE that shit.
If I try it (4-aco-dmt)again I will let y'all know.
Until that time...

I had a friend that accidently took 50mg, and she said it was the strongest trip of her life, like 'shimmering-crystal-vision' so extreme that she had to just sit in the car for a couple hours until she could see again. She was crying in happiness when she explained it. To be fair, she is very petite, but the funny thing was I remember her telling me a month earlier that psychedelics didn't ever have much effect on her....LOL, I guess she needed a massive dose to 'break open the head'.
I would guess 60-80mg may be near the limit that non-psychonauts could consider recreational.

Last edited:
This thread has brought to my mind something I have wondered for some time now. And that is, how much variance is there between vendor on a product such as 4-aco-dmt?
just because the vendor touts it at 98 or 99% purity could some of the vendors or manufacturers be full of shit and their product is cut with a benign substance so that the product itself is very pure and gives the expected results, but the amount to achieve said result could vary making a "heroic' dose just a little above average depending on the particular vendor and/or manufacturer?

I don't think enough emphasis has been placed on the fact that the OP's 350mg trip occured just a mere 6 hours after ingesting 120mgs. I'm sure there are enough people who have overused and abused the 4-subs to know from personal experience that tolerence would still be massively fucked 6 hours after a 120mg trip.