• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

300mg Oxy habit trying loperamide for withdrawal

allaroundtheworld1

Greenlighter
Hello,
Im in indianapolis leaving tomorrow and going to wake up with a nasty withdrawal. I just went out and bought a ton of Loperamide and Tagamet because I've been reading how much it helps. Is this true and will I feel relief? I will be raveling all day tomorrow and I'm completely freaked out about withdrawal. How should I prepare?

Just take a low dose to stop the shits. High dose lope can fuck up your heart and the withdrawal is worse than heroin withdrawal.
Don't use the Tagamet. Loperamide is extremely potent if it crosses the BBB, but you don't know how much will cross when taking it in high dosages with tagament. If just a little bit to much penetrates your BBB you are risking an OD. Just don't do it, it's not worth it.
Just take it low dose and browse OD, there are enough threads about withdrawal remedies.

Careful! I took like 20x the recommended dose of Loperamide during my recent sub(bupe)/300mg a day oxy habit and it helped a lot actually but only for a little while then I was constipated for 6 days and had to take laxatives....once they kicked in I vomited and have had diarrhea since I'm on day 14 of withdrawal, so I've been shitting with terrible stomach cramps for the last week. Do NOT take a super high dose like me, the good does absolutely not outweigh the bad here. As I write this my stomach is still fucking cramping. You'll get through it, the things that helped my withdrawal the most have been Clonadine, support, and books on tape (no joke).

Even if you aren't prepared you can still make it through withdrawals, but the best way to increase your chances of getting over the H-ump (ha, I made that up) its best to plan ahead, taper as much as you can, and stock up on Clonadine, soup, a LITTLE bit of Xanax, and get your space all set up for you to be miserable for at least a week.

honestly I've been a huge pussy about my withdrawal and I made it 14 horrible days, you'll get there for sure.

Yeah don't expect much from loperamide.. ^ and he's right don't take too much of it either.
Loperamide will only help with diarreah.
Thats one check mark from a lot more symptoms..

I would def. go see a doctor to get as many comfort Meds as possible..

These Meds will help A LOT for WD~

_Suboxone/Subutex (For Detox)
_Gabapentin (For anxiety and RLS)
_Promethazine (For Nausea/Vomiting)
_Clonodine (For high blood pressure)
_Trazodone (For insomnia)

If you can just get a few of those scripts, you're WD will be A LOT easier..
The plus side, Buprenorphine (Suboxone/Subutex) is the only controlled substance (CIII, Schedule 3)

Trazodone is a good call...wish I would have thought of that, that shit makes me pass out and is WAYYYYYY less dangerous than Xanax which did not seem to help me sleep. Clonodine is awesome for chills and RLS though, so underrated.

This is weird. But what helped me fly through opiate withdrawal was binge-watching stand up comedy. From Dave Chapelle to Bill Engvall, Louis CK, katt williams, Aziz, everything on netflix in the stand up comedy section. Comedy was therapeutic for me it was unreal how powerful stand up comedy was for my mental state, which indirectly masked my restless legs and nausea and physical aches. Weird trick but try it, it may do for you what lope does for most people (in terms of aiding withdrawal, not anti-diarrhea).

juzt take the lope for the diarrhoea and some of the other physical symptoms as stated by others. id take 6-8mg at first and see how you felt after 2 hours before taking more. it not gonna relieve your wd's really, more like it'll just stop you shitting the train.

lope, benzo's, clonodine, vitamins, good food and entertainment are the best things for opiate withdrawals.

Well, thats alot of oxy. I know others are saying don't do high dose lope, but maybe just for a LITTLE BIT, and then quickly start to taper off the lope? DEFINElTLY go get some Gabapentin, it might be availble online like Soma and Tramadol use to be, since it is an Un-schedled substance, really easy to get a prescription to also(though it is addictive also). If you have the cash, I would suggest doing Subs, if you have insurace...if not then they are REALLY damn expensive for the doctors visit then the medicine. Methodone clinics will do something like a 3 week taper or something like that to get off opiates, you might wanna look into that, not long term maintaince, its a taper program using the done, that's alot of Oxy, Subs seems like it might be enough or not, I dunno. Or look into PPt or PST to help, then swithch to kratom.

At that amount of oxycodone, I would consider a rapid taper with buprenorphine or methadone. It'll make it a lot easier.

If you do a forum search, you'll see many posts on using lope for opioid withdrawal.

Just take a low dose to stop the shits. High dose lope can fuck up your heart and the withdrawal is worse than heroin withdrawal.
Don't use the Tagamet. Loperamide is extremely potent if it crosses the BBB, but you don't know how much will cross when taking it in high dosages with tagament. If just a little bit to much penetrates your BBB you are risking an OD. Just don't do it, it's not worth it.
Just take it low dose and browse OD, there are enough threads about withdrawal remedies.

Not to pick on you but can you list your source for this? I've never heard that ever.

Not to pick on you but can you list your source for this? I've never heard that ever.

To be honest I have no source for it, I think I read about it a few years back at Bluelight, so it could be wrong.

Edit: found this http://www.niscair.res.in/scienceco.../May 2005/IJEB-vol 43-May 2005-pp 425-429.htm
The present study showed that intrathecal administration of loperamide (Gr I) produced superior analgesic response as compared to morphine (Gr II) when administered by the same route. The analgesic response persisted at a higher level till about 6 hr (MPE >81%) after loperamide administration as compared to 1 hr after morphine administration. 49.1% of the maximum possible analgesic effect (MPE) persisted in loperamide treated animals even after 22 hr. This is remarkable as it shows that analgesia due to loperamide is several fold more effective than morphine.

But it's not enough to back up what I wrote, so forget about it..

Last edited:
At that amount of oxycodone, I would consider a rapid taper with buprenorphine or methadone. It'll make it a lot easier.

I second this and would highly recommend doing it or the WD will be fucking brutal and the Loperamide won't help you much besides stopping the runs.
Get some Subutex and taper like 8mg/6mg/4mg/2mg/1mg/0,5mg. Do yourself a favor and don't try this cold turkey.

I agree with the fast taper. It will limit most of the worst of your withdrawal considering how high a dose you are on.

You may want to have someone sit with you while you are going through withdrawal because during withdrawal it is hard to make yourself eat and drink. It is important to stay hydrated especially if you vomit or have diarrhea. I suggest pedialyte.

There is a difference between " super high dose " loperamide and " dose needed to stay out of wd" loperamide

" normal" dose for non opioid dependent person is 2-4 mg at a time.

" super high dose" is stuff like 100+ mg

20-30 mg will help most people by taking away about 80% of withdrawal. Maybe up to 40 mg if needed. It lasts like 12 hours so you do that twice a day. I'd normally recommend starting around 10-12 mg and going up from there til comfortable

It takes about an hour to start noticing relief; it takes about 3 hours til full effect. So don't expect relief in 10 minutes.

It won't constipate you anymore than your opiate habit does. It amuses me how people take heroin or other constipating opiates then are like " omg! Don't take more than 2 mg Imodium! It'll constipate you "( yes for an opiate naive individual it would. Someone looking to stay out of wd is not that person. )

Once you are at about 80% of wd relief, taper dose down over 5-7 days.

For those saying it only helps with diarrhea--loperamide is an OPIOID that attaches to the opiate receptors in the body/gut. Therefore it provides more relief from opiate withdrawal than just diarrhea help.

OP-- with that habit you may have to dose on the higher end. Not 100+ mg. but maybe 40-44. Don't start that high. Start around 20 mg and give it a few hours. Yes, sub or methadone would be better options at your habit but if the option is loperamide or nothing i would 100% go with the loperamide !

Good luck

Personally, I'd go for the drugs I listed above...

I would go see a doctor who's licensed to Rx Suboxone/Subutex (Buprenorphine, CSA CIII) and a psychiatrist.

If the doctor sees you into mederate severe to severe opiate withdrawal.. You're almost guaranteed to get the script for Buprenorphine.

You can get all the other comfor Meds from a psychiatrist..

Benzodiazepines (e.g. Clonazepam, Diazepam, Lorazepam) (CSA CIV)
Gabapentin (Rx)
Trazodone (Rx)
Ambien (CSA CIV)
Clonodine (Rx)
Hydroxyzine (Rx)
Promethazine (Rx)

Of course out of that list, the Benzos will help you the most to cope and minimize WD symptoms.
But Benzos come with a risk, also for addiction/dependency).
The ones I would get first are Promethazine for Nausea/Vomiting, Gabapentin for RLS and Anxiety, and Clonodine for high blood pressure. They all help with insomnia also.. So that's def a plus.

I would also get some OTC Meds, such as..

Ibuprofen/Naproxen/APAP (For aches and pain)
DPH (for insomnia)
Loperamide (for diarreah)
etc. etc.

Hope that helps!

KRATOM!!! I had same habit range and can now go 2 weeks or more without having my world turn to shit as long as I have a nice stock of Kratom. Best thing is, it masks just about all symptoms almost fully (except my chronic pain) and then taper off of the K; in less than 2 weeks you can be completely substance free without any major WD symptoms. It's one of those things you think isn't working until it gets out of your system. PM me if you have any questions. Order from strictly a Kratom vendor to make sure it's legit. stay away from enhanced.... oh and worse side effect is a little dizziness when you take too much