• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 30 Mg of Oxycodone - How Bad Will Withdrawal Be?

crasspaddy82

Bluelighter
I am starting a new job on Monday and I wanted to know how long will my withdrawals be if I stop tonight? I have been taking 30 mg of oxycodone every day for the last six or seven months and I know a lot of you would consider that a low dose but I don't want to be going to work having bad withdrawals, I can't afford to call out. I would ask if I need suboxone but would I need that at the dose I have been on? Please let me know, thanks!

the only problem is i can't because i don't have any money, i just wanted to see how bad the withdrawals would be, if you think i could do it without having to go to a clinic or anything. calling out of this job is not an option, it will be my first day. i know its different for everyone but if this low dosage wouldn't be that bad then i'll know i won't have to get my doctor involved or anything.

30mgs daily for that period of time and you're definitely going to have some bad WD's where the last thing you'll want to do is go to work. I would find someway to either taper, or go the clinic asap, if you absolutely, positively have to work for the next week or two. Otherwise, there are various methods of combating WD's, but these take time and are not easily done at work.

See that's the thing, I stopped for one day and didn't even feel that bad. I keep getting varying responses. I don't know what to believe. Some people are like, "oh that's nothing, you'll be fine, that's not even a bad habit". Looking for as many opinions as I can get. But I appreciate you telling me that, that actually puts kind of a scare in me, lol.

WDs get the bad on day 2 and become horrible on day 3. day 4 and not much physical pain.

either stop RIGHT NOW and suffer until monday and be OK by the time you work or find a way to taper with the very bare minimum and tell people at work you are a little sick.

3-4 days and you should be good.

Not trying to scare you, just telling you what I know. Maybe some people can shrug off a tolerance like that no problem. I sure couldn't.

If you do decide to stop right now and don't taper, there are many good guides of easy to acquire things to with the WD's. Hot baths (especially a hot tub) is my particular favorite, with loperamide (immodium) in dire circumstances. But search around, you'll find some good info. The Thomas Recipe still has some good stuff, but is a little out of date. There are better things now, especially if you have access to kratom. Actually I don't know why I didn't mention that before.

Given your location, kratom can be easily and legally bought (in the US), and from that tolerance it would probably be quite helpful in reducing WD's and that's something you can make into a tea, get an extract, something like that, that you can take to work with you if you start to feel bad. Just go easy on it or you'll have another WD from another addiction.

I'm new to the forum here, so I'm not sure about posting about where to get even legal stuff like Kratom, so for now, just do some research first to see what you're getting into, and then google is always a great place to start.

These guys don't know what they are talking about it seems to me. Your withdraw isnt going to be worse 48 hours after you last dose; that makes no sense. it will be at its worst a bit after your last dose more like 12-24 hours. On that dose after 48 hours you should be feeling BETTER.

30mg/day isn't shit.

The mental part will be the worst for you; sadness, depression, craving. As far as physically I doubt you will even get much if any RLS. You will just feel 73 years old and yawn a lot.

don't sweat it man you can kick 1 roxy a day pretty damn easily.

I was in your same spot before doing about 1 roxy a day for months. Thought i was addicted but really I wasn't hardly physically addicted at all. Could sweat for one night and they next night I could sleep fine with nothing. Didn't even know what restless leg syndrome was.

wasn't until i started snorting 60+ mgs a day of opana till i found out what physical addiction really felt like

please don't sub it. You don't need that yet. If you have to snort the smallest possible bumb you can. do it one time only to cruise through the first day then put it down. Suboxone is very strong and you don't need it for a 30mg/day oc habit. If you get hooked on the subs doing them for a couple weeks/months that is going to be a way longer and way worse withdrawal than what you are in for right now

Thanks for that advice, brother, I really appreciate what you have to say. Didn't think I needed the subs. Thanks to all, also.

I strongly agree with using no subs.

Lucky you haven't been using massive amounts - but still. If i was taking that for 6 months , I'd be a mess.

Hopefully your withdraws wont be too bad. But no way in hell could i even walk to the store let alone go to work if i was in your situation. I'd take at least a week to recover, at a minimum.

Let us know how it goes for you. Everyone is different but it'll be interesting to know.' Some have MAJOR withdraws in your situation, others not nearly as much. But withdraws can start to happen about 12-24-48 hours. And worse on day 3.

Good luck, man. You are doing a really positive thing for your life in so many ways. :)

These guys don't know what they are talking about it seems to me. Your withdraw isnt going to be worse 48 hours after you last dose; that makes no sense. it will be at its worst a bit after your last dose more like 12-24 hours. On that dose after 48 hours you should be feeling BETTER.

30mg/day isn't shit.

The mental part will be the worst for you; sadness, depression, craving. As far as physically I doubt you will even get much if any RLS. You will just feel 73 years old and yawn a lot.

don't sweat it man you can kick 1 roxy a day pretty damn easily.

I was in your same spot before doing about 1 roxy a day for months. Thought i was addicted but really I wasn't hardly physically addicted at all. Could sweat for one night and they next night I could sleep fine with nothing. Didn't even know what restless leg syndrome was.

wasn't until i started snorting 60+ mgs a day of opana till i found out what physical addiction really felt like

The first few times I went through opiate withdrawal it took 3 days to start, so I wouldn't be so quick to say that they peak that quickly. The more I used, and the more I withdrew, the quicker they would start, but in the beginning they took a while to start.

Even now, it peaks at about 48 hours for me, and after day 4 I am a lot better.

i recall having withdrawals when i was using only 30mg over the course of a day, but at the time i didn't know that's what the problem was. for me personally, it wasn't really anything physical. my main issue was just feeling downright awful. i would just cry for no reason. going to work and school actually HELPED me though- taking my mind off of feeling so bad and getting off the couch worked wonders alone. Even now with my much larger habbit, getting out really helps (even though it sounds like an absolutely terrible idea before i actually do so). i think you'll be fine. don't get yourself pysched up and make it worse.

as for using suboxone- DON'T. for the amount of opiates you're doing it just isn't worth it. people fail to relize how powerful bupe really is and you may actually end up increasing your tolerance by using it, and then have to suffer even worse (not to mention excrutiatingly longer) withdrawals. you'll be fine :) you can do it! just remind yourself of that and know that "this too shall pass!"

Hi there. I have been prescribed oxycodone for 2 1/2 years due to multiple spinal injuries resulting from a MVA in 2010. I am currently prescribed 5 30mg oxys a day and due to having small children, my days are long and unpredictable. Some days when the pain is really bad all day and the kids are crazy, Im too active for my injuries and working off of a few hours of sleep. These days I end up taking an extra dose or two throughout the day, resulting in me being short at the end of the month. That's where I am right now. These past few days, I've cut my dosage down to an uncomfortable 3 doses a day (and only 2.5 today), thinking my script would be refilled tomorrow morning first thing. Now I find out that the pharmacy won't refill the script for two days later than anticipated, and I only have one half pill left (15mg). The pain alone will make it near impossible to care for my children and have no help whatsoever to assist me. Along with that, Im very worried about the physical and mental aspects of going from 150-210mg a day, to 15mg tomorrow, then zero the following day. My prescription clearly states that my earliest refill date is tomorrow, but if for some reason my doctor doesn't authorize the refill, I am really worried about what Im in for and what it means for my most important duties of caring for my 3 year and 6 month inks children. I do have klonopin for help sleeping, but those obviously wont help with the pain and won't make me feel comfortable caring for and carrying kids if needed. What am I in for? How soon will I feel the effects of not having these meds? My last dose was 30mg at 5pm today. How soon will I be feeling the effects of not having these meds? Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Also, this is a new doctor since I just moved to a new state, so they probably won't be cutting me any favors, and are a very reputable office. I have a very clean record and get UA monthly and am always on point. I don't even drink alcohol, so Im not willing to do anything crazy or go to the street for any help. Thanks.

Sorry.....I might add that when I wake up each morning, my body feels like it's been hit by a truck and doesn't feel somewhat manageable until my second dose a few hours later. I'm very worried about how Im going to feel not being able to manage the pain along with the other side effects of not having my meds.

I have to say, the only time I ever felt WD for the first time was after doing 60mg a day for about four months. It wasn't bad at all, and Kratom blasted away 95% of the symptoms.

At 30mg I can't even see any significant withdrawal coming your way. Some discomfort, sure, but nothing more. I'd be VERY surprised if you were downright sick from it at that dosage.

See that's the thing, I stopped for one day and didn't even feel that bad. I keep getting varying responses. I don't know what to believe. Some people are like, "oh that's nothing, you'll be fine, that's not even a bad habit". Looking for as many opinions as I can get. But I appreciate you telling me that, that actually puts kind of a scare in me, lol.

You'll be okay. WD at that dosage range will be more mind over matter. Don't let yourself come to fear it.

...but I'm scared shitless of WD from 350mg a day...(just a little perspective)