• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

3 weeks of depression after doing MDMA

Hi everyone. I just wanted to give an quick update on my recovery

The last two weeks I have experienced huge improvements, and at times I have almost forgotten my depression (which is my main issue - I have only few cognitive issues)
I've been on a successful date, been motivated about my schoolwork, and generally been enjoying life again to some extent. HOWEVER, 2 days ago it all went wrong again, and my depression seems to by worse. For the first time I actually felt completely hopeless (through this period I've always stayed quit optimistic).. It's like I'm starting to realize how much I miss my old life, and the frustration is really unbearable..

I wish the degree of my depressive thoughts wouldn't variate so much, as it is keeping my from really registering any progress - if you understand what I mean?

If anyone have any thoughts or advice regarding this, I would appreciate it.
I am getting some professional help in two weeks though..

As I've explained before. What you are describing is exactly what I've been going through for close to 3 months now. If you just hold on for a week or two, I'll come around again and write a longer post. I'm afraid to do it now in case of a relapse, but one thing is for sure. I am experiencing an undeniable improvement right now. And that is despite of all the cyclical anxiety/depression I'm being hit with. Everything is lifting now, the progress is just soooo slow :). I am now totally convinced that I will get through this 100%. Your symptoms are very similar to mine, and I'm totally convinced that you will come around in time too.

Be careful with "professional" help. The "professionals" I've encountered don't know anything about MDMA, especially not about MDMA induced depression/anxiety. They might scare the shit out of you. Please do not jump on the SSRI train. Some cognitive therapy might do you good though.

Thank you for your reply. I'll be looking very much forward to that post :)
I know that I'm still pretty early in my recovery, but I'm just so freaked out ATM. I really felt as if I was doing better, but then i was suddenly thrown back into deep depression.

I've already spoken to my psychiatrist and explained my situation, and I have explained that i'm not interested in any medication.

Hi delfin. I normally don't post on the forums much anymore but occasionally will read them and then decide to post, try to help someone out. I've been dealing with this for... over 4 years now. Now I'm not telling you that to scare you are to make you think that it lasts forever I just know a lot.

I'm going to suggest this:

methionine 500 mg half an hour before each meal and 500 mg on an edgy stomach before bed. You could substitute or even add SAM-e 400-1600 mg on top of the methionine in the beginning to get quicker results. You could give up the SAM-e once you get the desired results off. With methionine and SAM-e always include B6 to control homocysteine.
· B6 250 mg in the morning.
· Calcium 500 mg twice per day.
· Add magnesium 400 mg as it as it is calming, and balances the calcium.
· Vitamins C 1000-2000 mg twice per day.
· Inositol 1000 mg twice per day.
Also Zinc is very important too. 50mg daily.

You should definitely feel better on this. You can buy all of it on amazon. Don't get magnesium oxide whatever you do, get magnesium citrate. Also if you actually really want to get into this and talk to others experiencing this and read about others experiences and solutions try this forum:
http://www.depressionforums.org/for...pathyno-libido-collective-experiences/page-57

Literally over 2200 replies on this topic. It's called anhedonia, or blunted affect, and it's more common than you think. Most people that experience this it's from a very stressful event, whether that be through drugs, after a break up, loved one dying or a surgery/ pregnancy, or many after using SSRI's. Mine personally was after a drinking binge.

You can message me and I'll help you if you have any questions. I've pretty much spent 3 of the 4 years that I've been stuck in this rut researching. The first year I actually thought I had brain damage, haha, yea that was the worst.

Hey Delfin and ScaredFirstTimer, I am going through something very similar to what you were describing in above posts. Could you please elaborate how it ended for you (hopefully well). It would be a huge help for me guys. Looking forward to a reply.