• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

3 weeks methadone use @clinic/ how bad will withdrawal be....

bdomihizayka

Bluelighter
So I decided to get onto methadone after having a few months clean- long story short, i was worried about relapsing and thought methadone would be a good idea... actually I probably wasn't even thinking.... anyways...

my question is - how bad will my withdrawal be at only 3 weeks use titrated up to 80mg from 30mg? What am I looking at? Is it going to be long and drawn out? And intense???

Also, what is the intensity of methadone withdrawal like in general... is it as bad as fentanyl/ oxy?

I'm scared and just want to know what I am in for.... I do have detox meds- clonodine, klonopin, and gabapentin....

I haven't experienced methadone withdrawal myself but it is a fairly strong and long lasting opioid. This means your withdrawal will probably be very drawn out if you don't taper. That's just the nature of a long lasting opioid, they're easier to taper but if you cold turkey then you're gonna be in for a long ride.

When i was withdrawaling off of high dose daily tramadol, 400-600mg a day, the withdrawals would last almost a full week and by the end of the week i was usually still feeling off for the next few days after.

Hopefully someone with more hands on experience will step in.

I was just hoping that since it?s only been 3 weeks and I?ve been titrated up- the withdrawal shouldn?t be too drawn out as I don?t have that much floating around in my system as say someone on it for a year or two.... I just want to know the intensity as well - with kratom being the easiest and fentanyl being the hardest (subjectively) where does methadone lay when it comes to difficulty of withdrawal!?