View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

3-meo-pcp & Ketamine; an interesting interaction

thizzkid

Bluelighter
MODS; not sure if this belongs in PD or Neuroscience/Pharmacology but you guys can sort that out.

So this thread is simply to note something I have experienced recently regarding the way Ketamine and 3-meo-pcp interact.
**NOTE doses listed here are much higher than what most people need. I have been using dissociatives for a long time and have a tolerance; DON'T USE MY DOSES, THEY ARE MY DOSES AND THEY WORK FOR ME. DO NOT FOLLOW MY EXAMPLE!!!! EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!!!

Being someone who loves disacociative drugs I have recently come across an interesting interaction between these two substances.

So basically I have been experimenting with 3-meo-pcp recently in doses ranging from 6mg all the way up to 60mg (orally) with great results. It helps my depression and all sorts of psychological issues, but that is beside the current point.

Personally I prefer Mehtoxetamine over any dissociative, and any drug for that matter but the recent disappearance of this amazing chemical has led me to experiment with 3-meo-pcp based solely of the closest comparison in terms of binding affinities as pertained in the commonly cited chart here (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...chment_data/file/119087/methoxetamine2012.pdf)

In my quest for replacing MXE I have found 3-meo-pcp to be quite enjoyable and almost better than MXE in many aspects, though not all of them....

Others have undoubtedly taken a similar path following the ban of MXE in China and the ensuing disappearance of said drug, but what I am writing about right now is the perplexing interaction between Ketamine and 3-meo-pcp.

As stated I have been using 3-meo from time to time for enjoyment as well as other health reasons and have experienced no issues at all with this drug.

3-meo seems to agree with my physiology completely and I have come to love the drug but about a week ago I acquired 10g of S-isomer ketamine and have been using it just because it is there honestly. I dont really like Ketamine all that much but this was free and I have it so I have been doing it.

Here's where things get interesting......

So in using this Ketamine I have ceased the use of 3-meo for the most part, however...

One day I tried using Ketamine (nasally at about 200mg spaced out) and experienced what one would imagine from this kind of dose; but that same night, long after coming down from the Ketamine I tried to do my usual nightly dose of 3-meo (about 35mg) However I found that I did not feel ANYTHING from the 3-meo. I was confused at first, but then I repeated this the following day to see if it would happen again which it did, this time using 45mg 3-meo-pcp following a day of ketamine usageo

I hypothesize that perhaps there is some kind of competitive binding @ the NMDAR occurring that is blocking the 3-meo from binding in it's usual way though I don't have any way to prove this, but I was astounded that what usually floors me into a hole (30-45mg 3-meo-pcp) did absolutely nothing when consumed in the same day as Ketamine.

I much prefer the effects of 3-meo-pcp over Ketamine and will stop Ketamine usage if it means that I cannot use 3-meo-pcp to its desired effect, but is there anyone who can comment on this and/or who has experienced something similar?

I have never had one drug completely mitigate the effects of another in such a way as this and I am curious to the Pharmacokinetics relating to this combo.
IDK if it is tolerance, cross-tolerance, or competitive binding but the fact of the matter is that Ketamine seems to completely stop 3-meo from having action!

This is potentially useful information because if there were ever a 3-meo-pcp overdose, could Ketamine actually be used to take over docking at the NMDAR? It is a stretch of a question but if Ketamine binds so preferentially that it can take over the docking sites within the NMDAR, completely preventing 3-meo-pcp from binding than perhaps there is a medical usage of Ketamine for the acute treatment of 3-meo-pcp overdose.

Anyway, I just found this interesting and wanted to see if anyone else has any insight into this.

Any takers??

There is cross tolerance between all dissociatives. I myself tried to dose ephenidine some days ago without results because 3-meo-pcp tolerance, and I already got permatolerance to ketamine (I can snort 500mg after a year without using and don't feel nearly anything, I tried!)