• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

3 failed tests. Please help??

Green.Ecko

Greenlighter
With festival season just around the corner, I purchased 3 different kinds of presses from what I believed to be a trusted source.

Tested all 3, with marquis reagent. First attempt was a failure, each test came out mostly clear, with a subtle reaction to the color of the pill itself (green > green/yellow, pink>pink, purple > purple/pink). I figured that maybe my kit had gone bad because this has happened to me once before. So, I tested aspirin. The reaction was a very slow change (approx. 10 mins) to a bright pink color.

This led me to believe that my kit was not functioning properly. Being that I live in a hot region, I figured I may have left it in my car in the heat at some point causing this.

I purchased a new kit, and it was left in my mailbox for who knows how long maybe a couple hours. After testing the samples again the SAME results appeared. Aspirin too, a slow change to bright pink.

I'm not finding ANY updated information on these presses from PillReports, the website seems to be extremely outdated since 2012. Can someone give their opinion on this situation? I'm at a complete loss and don't want to jeopardize my groups festival experience.

little bit more info please, what press you purchase and where you from.

Pink Lightning Bolt, Green 007 (with gun), (light) Purple Chanel.

From Southwest reigon United States.

When did you buy the first kit? Pperhaps it is worth mentioning where you got it from?
If you are getting a strange result from something known then it may be worth contacting the seller.

You could test if your testkit is still good, depending on what reagents you have. For instance marquis reagent reacts reacts burgundy red to asperin and brown to sugar, mandelin reacts greenish (after some time) to asperin

When you get a kit please test it on a household product like asprin or sugar - video the reaction or take notes. Do the same test in six months / 12 months and if the reactions change you need a new kit.

Keep your kit out of the sunlight and in a cool place.