3 Esters?

Sounds pretty simple. one question i do have is there any harm in reusing the needle i use to draw the dose?

I think there might be some misunderstanding here... Ideally we should recommend changing the needle after EVERY use, but if you keep a separate needle ONLY for drawing up, and always clean with sterile swab before recapping I can't see any harm in doing so... But DO NOT inject with that needle..!!

I think there might be some misunderstanding here... Ideally we should recommend changing the needle after EVERY use, but if you keep a separate needle ONLY for drawing up, and always clean with sterile swab before recapping I can't see any harm in doing so... But DO NOT inject with that needle..!!

I can see your point here GF, but I'm leery about recommending this. Anything that could increase the chance of infection should be avoided when a needle only costs a few pennies. Whereas you and I undoubtedly have an idea of what we consider to be sterile, I can see others leaving their capped needle on the desk where the base accumulates all kinds of crap from the air, which then gets drawn up into the next syringe. It's just not worth the risk, and much easier to advocate a fresh needle everytime given the cost is so insignificant.

I can see your point here GF, but I'm leery about recommending this. Anything that could increase the chance of infection should be avoided when a needle only costs a few pennies. Whereas you and I undoubtedly have an idea of what we consider to be sterile, I can see others leaving their capped needle on the desk where the base accumulates all kinds of crap from the air, which then gets drawn up into the next syringe. It's just not worth the risk, and much easier to advocate a fresh needle everytime given the cost is so insignificant.

Yeh... I'd tend to agree, but I'm a tight arse and our needle exchange is over 100km away... I keep everything in an airtight sterile container, cleaned after every use... I appreciate others might not be quite so meticulous.... :)