• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

3+ emapthogens combo

Jmoda

Bluelighter
Ive seen lots of great things about comboing two empathogens....mdma/mda, 5mapb+mdma, 5apb+6apb, 5mapb+6apb.

My question is, would there be any issues comboing three of these? Im thinking about comboing 5mapb+6apb+mdma. The reason? It seems like the timing of them would align quite well. Since mdma is shorter, 5mapb a bit longer and 6apb even longer with more of a delayed comeup....you could foreseeably create a single pill that would last you the whole time. Something like 60mg mdma, 40mg 5mapb, 100mg 6apb.

Is this stupid? Has anyone heard of anyone doing something similar? Serotonin Syndrome on two seems fine...is there any concern with 3?

I’ve done MDMA, MDA and 5-MAPB on a few occasions at least with no problems. Just make sure you adjust dosage somewhat accordingly.

I’ve heard people dose like 100mg MDMA and 100mg MDA cuz “they aren’t cross tolerant” and that’s not how it works. If one typically eats 150mg MDMA, then 100mg MDMA and 30-40mg MDA would be a good dose. You probably know this @Jmoda but feel it needs saying for anyone who reads this.

You may have heard my ratios for the combo of the 3 above. I typically do 30mg or so 5-MAPB, let that sink in for about an hour. Then 100mg MDMA and 25mg MDA. Followed up another hour later with 25mg MDMA and 25mg MDA.

6-APB being the APB equivalent of MDA I’m hoping the safety profile should be similar. Just remember the much increased 5-ht2b agonism of your theoretical combo compared to mine.

One more thing, I’ve found with 5-MAPB that if taken at the same time as the MDMA it will pretty much block much of the effects of the 5. Not sure the exact mechanism but seems when taken an hour before it can “sink in” to the receptors before the MDMA gets thrown in on top.

Please report back too, I’m curious to know how you rate both the 5-MAPB and 6-APB ;)

-GC

I’ve done MDMA, MDA and 5-MAPB on a few occasions at least with no problems. Just make sure you adjust dosage somewhat accordingly.

I’ve heard people dose like 100mg MDMA and 100mg MDA cuz “they aren’t cross tolerant” and that’s not how it works. If one typically eats 150mg MDMA, then 100mg MDMA and 30-40mg MDA would be a good dose. You probably know this @Jmoda but feel it needs saying for anyone who reads this.

You may have heard my ratios for the combo of the 3 above. I typically do 30mg or so 5-MAPB, let that sink in for about an hour. Then 100mg MDMA and 25mg MDA. Followed up another hour later with 25mg MDMA and 25mg MDA.

6-APB being the APB equivalent of MDA I’m hoping the safety profile should be similar. Just remember the much increased 5-ht2b agonism of your theoretical combo compared to mine.

One more thing, I’ve found with 5-MAPB that if taken at the same time as the MDMA it will pretty much block much of the effects of the 5. Not sure the exact mechanism but seems when taken an hour before it can “sink in” to the receptors before the MDMA gets thrown in on top.

Please report back too, I’m curious to know how you rate both the 5-MAPB and 6-APB ;)

-GC
This is super helpful and exactly what i was looking for....

The bit that is new and surprising is the bit about not taking 5mapb and mdma at the same time. This is quite surprising to me. So you are saying if dropped at the same time...you just dont get any of the effects of the mapb? The magic? The extended length?

What im now thinking is maybe use 6apb as the "base" and 5mapb as the amplifiers at different times. So start with 100mg 6apb+30mg 5mapb at time 0 and then hit a bumper of maybe 50mg or 60mg of mdma later at some point...

The only reason for not doing this would be not hitting the mdma magic aspect...so maybe 100mg 6apb and 60mg mdma with a 30mg 5mapb at a later point in time? Only concern here is the unforgiving 5mapb negatives that seem to potentially manifest if taken too late...

Decisions....

Last edited:
This is super helpful and exactly what i was looking for....

The bit that is new and surprising is the bit about not taking 5mapb and mdma at the same time. This is quite surprising to me. So you are saying if dropped at the same time...you just dont get any of the effects of the mapb? The magic? The extended length?

What im now thinking is maybe use 6apb as the "base" and 5mapb as the amplifiers at different times. So start with 100mg 6apb+30mg 5mapb at time 0 and then hit a bumper of maybe 50mg or 60mg of mdma later at some point...

The only reason for not doing this would be not hitting the mdma magic aspect...so maybe 100mg 6apb and 60mg mdma with a 30mg 5mapb at a later point in time? Only concern here is the unforgiving 5mapb negatives that seem to potentially manifest if taken too late...

Decisions....

So say I take 100mg MDMA plus 30mg 5-MAPB. I’ll feel the MDMA but it seems to block much of the 5-MAPB, so instead of getting that extra duration and whatnot that 5-MAPB would provide it’s just like taking MDMA alone. Not horrible but a waste of good 5-Mapb.

I’ve found 5-MAPB besides being good if used well before the MDMA, also works if used at the end of an MDMA roll. This is nice for nights where the MDMA ends and you wanna keep the party going, dosing more MDMA is a waste and very neurotoxic whereas redosing with 5-M seems much easier on the mind in the following week and actually works.

-GC

I agree with what @G_Chem has stated above.
I have not experimented much with the combos, but used G_Chems recommendations and find that it works great for me.
My usual doses are 30-40 mg 5-MAPB then an hour later around 100 mg MDMA. I may or may not re-dose, but if I do it will be 25 mg MDMA insufflated.

To be honest, I haven't tried a 3 combo as I don't have either MDA or 6-APB.
But I do always combine the 2 combo with a dissociative. Usually 30-35 mg DCK with random bumps of K.
The combos never let me down.

I think the important point is to adjust your dosages of the empathogens down when combining them for safety.

So i just tried this last night.
40mg 5mapb + 90mg 6apb + 20mg 2fma + 7mg 4homet

Ket+2f bumps throughout

60mg mdma booster at 3h in.

Wowow. This was an amazing combo, trippier than expected, but very contained. Im not sure if its because I had it in my mind, a bit of fear of adding on the third empathogens or becauase i rrad someone saying their friend got a seizure from 6apb+mdma, but there were a few moments where notes would turn sinister at times, which i take to mean something not so wonderful was possibly happening up there.

Overall, highly recommend! Some people tried just the 5mapb and preferred that to mdma....clean, powerful.

Thanks for the report, and glad to hear the 5-MAPB was impressive to those that just ate it alone. That’s my judge for its quality usually, if people can take it alone and be satisfied saying it’s the same or better than MDMA then I’m sold.

My only suggestion would be maybe lose the 20mg 2-fma not super familiar with the substance but if it’s anything like other Amphetamine stimulants then it may add a bit too much overall. I could definitely see some moments of anxiety and “is this gonna be too much?” Feeling. I only get that when I’ve added stims to my roll.

Thanks again man and glad it went well :)

-GC

Thanks for the report, and glad to hear the 5-MAPB was impressive to those that just ate it alone. That’s my judge for its quality usually, if people can take it alone and be satisfied saying it’s the same or better than MDMA then I’m sold.

My only suggestion would be maybe lose the 20mg 2-fma not super familiar with the substance but if it’s anything like other Amphetamine stimulants then it may add a bit too much overall. I could definitely see some moments of anxiety and “is this gonna be too much?” Feeling. I only get that when I’ve added stims to my roll.

Thanks again man and glad it went well :)

-GC
The reason why i added it in was due to it being part of the borax combo. 2fma seemed quite light and added a good background energy push

So, for those of you familiar with these new substances, how would you describe the difference between 5-MAPB and 6-APB? Where does 5-APB fit into all of this?

So, for those of you familiar with these new substances, how would you describe the difference between 5-MAPB and 6-APB? Where does 5-APB fit into all of this?

I haven’t personally tried 6-APB but read enough to hopefully comment.

5-MAPB is the closest of the 3 to MDMA. The first time I tried it, it pretty much felt like a long lasting steady roll that was beyond anything I could’ve asked for.

6-APB is often compared to MDA. It’s the longest lasting of the bunch, with light visual effects and more of a body euphoria than empathy.

5-APB sounds closer to 6-APB than 5-MAPB, but more sedating and less visual.

Out of the 3, be the most careful with your dosing of 5-MAPB. While I love it to death, taking too much can really mess you up and it’s best to start low and work up to a reasonable dosage than jumping right in.

I’m sure others will have better info but that’s a start.

-GC

Thanks @G_Chem! That brings me to my next question...

What kind of negative effects are we talking about with these? I recall reading something about cardiac issues associated with one of them.

Let's say I just tried 50 mg of 5-MAPB. What type of comedown and post-roll depression would be involved?

6-apb is what i believe i once had in a pill mixed with mdma totally floored me to oneness the walls were moving the rush intense lasted a long time intense love oneness redosed another full pill and almost died had pins and needles intense europhia closed eyes felt like i was living in another realities full on dreamscapes what ever i thought of i lived it. comedown lasted me a entire month after that redose with brain zaps. rolled from 5 pm til 3 am redosed at 10 pm. did not sleep at all though.

What kind of negative effects are we talking about with these? I recall reading something about cardiac issues associated with one of them.

Let's say I just tried 50 mg of 5-MAPB. What type of comedown and post-roll depression would be involved?

Probably depends on the person, but ime theres a bit of afterglow, not as great as pure magic, but still there. In theory it is less neurotoxic, but as you stated, it is in theory more cardiotoxic (6apb the most so i believe). As a once in a while thing though i imagine its gotta be fine

Erowid doesn't even have a listing for 5-MAPB. How long of a history of use does it have? What is the mechanism of action?

6-apb is what i believe i once had in a pill mixed with mdma totally floored me to oneness the walls were moving the rush intense lasted a long time intense love oneness redosed another full pill and almost died had pins and needles intense europhia closed eyes felt like i was living in another realities full on dreamscapes what ever i thought of i lived it. comedown lasted me a entire month after that redose with brain zaps. rolled from 5 pm til 3 am redosed at 10 pm. did not sleep at all though.

This sounds like an experience I had back in 2000. Never figured out what it was. Never had anything similar again. It reagent tested as MDX, but I did not have any left to send to a lab. Had the whole "teleportation to dreamscapes" thing going on, as well as the walls breathing and melting, and grass growing, and neon electric lines running through everything. Eventually I saw dead people standing around trying to talk to me. I still remember what one guy said to me. "I'm here because I drowned, why are you here?" Crazy, crazy experience. In the weeks afterwards I had a total crisis and saw death everywhere. Legit mental breakdown.

This sounds like an experience I had back in 2000. Never figured out what it was. Never had anything similar again. It reagent tested as MDX, but I did not have any left to send to a lab. Had the whole "teleportation to dreamscapes" thing going on, as well as the walls breathing and melting, and grass growing, and neon electric lines running through everything. Eventually I saw dead people standing around trying to talk to me. I still remember what one guy said to me. "I'm here because I drowned, why are you here?" Crazy, crazy experience. In the weeks afterwards I had a total crisis and saw death everywhere. Legit mental breakdown.
i wish i knew what was in those pills was a super strong batch of locally pressed batches here in nz each color had its own unique type experince with mdma. These ones gave me the worst comedown i have ever felt sleep paralysis for over a month suidical for weeks. Really lost a few braincells. Simple IR testing at a festivals indicated the pills had unknown compounds not in their IR database with over 250 mg of mdma in them. Whatever they were the people had really made some crazy mix the oneness was on the level of a strong psychedelic experince was melting into my bed.

50mg would be a great first starting dose. I would hardly feel any comedown from that dose and have a good afterglow from it. Unlike MDMA, the dose effects are linear and satisfying even at lower doses. Whereas MDMA proper dosage range is smaller and less diverse.

I personally would never eat more than 80mg in a night, not because it’s necessarily super dangerous but I don’t wanna risk anything.

It seems they may be less neurotoxic but more cardiotoxic due to the 5-ht2b agonism. This is only a danger though if used often, occasional use likely won’t cause issues.

Lots of great reports too, it’s the Erowid reports that got me to buy some.

-GC

50mg would be a great first starting dose. I would hardly feel any comedown from that dose and have a good afterglow from it. Unlike MDMA, the dose effects are linear and satisfying even at lower doses. Whereas MDMA proper dosage range is smaller and less diverse.

I personally would never eat more than 80mg in a night, not because it’s necessarily super dangerous but I don’t wanna risk anything.

It seems they may be less neurotoxic but more cardiotoxic due to the 5-ht2b agonism. This is only a danger though if used often, occasional use likely won’t cause issues.

Lots of great reports too, it’s the Erowid reports that got me to buy some.

-GC

Thanks. I was trying to find it earlier on Erowid, but couldn't.

I didn't like 5-APB too much, sedating but in a less beautiful way than 5-MAPB, rather mongy and cloudy headspace.
Not as overtly fun as 6-APB, not as empathogenic as MDMA or 5-MAPB.

I didn't like 5-APB too much, sedating but in a less beautiful way than 5-MAPB, rather mongy and cloudy headspace.
Not as overtly fun as 6-APB, not as empathogenic as MDMA or 5-MAPB.
Thanks! How would you compare 5-MAPB to MDMA?