View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

3 day festival and issues

Calebhunter90

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, I'm 70kg, which is relatively light for a male, and I has not taken any drugs 3 months prior. I went to a three day music festival and was in a situation where I could do mdma, 2cb, LSD and valium. Basically, the following happened.

Day 1. I took 20mg 2cb and redosed with another 20mg 1.5 hours later (took like an hour to kick in). Pretty high dose, I felt sickish at the peak for about 30 mins but overall I had the best time of his life. 10mg of valium made me sleep like a baby.

Day 2. I understood that there is only a slight tollereance between 2cb and lsd so I took 200ug of lsd. I also had the best time of my life. I took 10mg of valium and slept well.

Day 3. I understood that you need double the dose of lsd the next day to have the same effect. So I took 400ug of lsd. 45 mins later I took 120mg of mdma. I felt completely sober the entire time. I became very frustrated and took another 600ug of lsd (1000ug in total for day 3) about 30 mins later. Still nothing happened, only made me feel confused and let down, which made me want to go home. Also the music just didnt seem to make me happy or excited. I took 20mg of valium which had no effect. Waste of good lsd and mdma!!!

My question is, did I do any sort of long term damage? I took 1000ug of acid which is a crazy amount only to do nothing but surely it must have done something.
Also on day 3 I didnt feel any mdma effects, does 2cb crosstollerate with the mdma?
If I am in the same situation again, is there anything I could do differently over a 3 day festival (or even a 4 day festival) to reduce harm, and enjoy all three days.

Last edited by a moderator:
From my own experience, I'd recommend

Day1: trip
Day2: weed/maybe mxe
Day3: mdma

If you *must* take something, that is. I only go for one day anymore,and make it count. Last saturday i went to a techno festival and took 30mg aMT and some cannabis oil. Perfect in every way!

Ps: never drink !

I reckon its mainly tolerance after doing acid two days on the trot. Personally I find MDMA dulls the effects of mushrooms and 4-ACO-DMT. I can do much more mushrooms than usual when I am on MDMA. The valium would have dulled the trip as well.

Maybe swap to using Xanax instead of Valium as it has a shorter half life or have a day on Ketamine

Like others have said, you should vary drug types. You can also vary a lysergamide (like LSD) one day and a phenethylamine (like mescaline, 2C-B, DOC, etc) or tryptamine (like mushrooms) another day. The best thing to do for maximum mileage out of your experiences is to do something such as:

Day 1: LSD
Day 2: MDMA, and/or dissociative like ketamine, MXE, etc
Day 3: Mushrooms / 2C-B / DOC /etc

If you omit the MDMA the second day (or third day, or whatever), and just smoke weed, maybe do some dissociatives and drink a little, you'll be less drained at the end. I usually do something all 3 days of a festival but I am wiped out afterwards. The last festival I went to I took LSD the first day, AMT the second day, and 3-MeO-PCE the third day. They all worked really well, but leaving an extra day between the trips is even better.

Doc on day 3...... Best festival drug on Earth. Energy and visuals. Cut through any benzo and lsd tolerance seems to have Little effect on it.

Swim is very thankful for all the help from knowledgeable people. Learning more and more each time I come here, particularly from a harm reduction perspective. Being in London Swim used to social drink 3 times a week on average, 2 days socially and 1 day benders (usually at fancy places too!!!$$$). Now swim just drinks on special occasions. Swim will be checking forums regularly so any more input will definitely be considered and appreciated!!!

These are all regimes I've followed, I always use really moderate dosages at festivals:

Day 1: mushrooms
Day 2: MDMA
Day 3: LSD

Day 1: tea, coffee etc
Day 2: Candyflip (LSD+MDMA)
Day 3: AL-LAD

Day 1: 2C-D + very light drinking (1 or two drinks)
Day 2: LSD
Day 3: 2C-D + very light drinking (1 or two drinks)

Stuff like that. I don't really increase dosages to compensate for tolerance, just accept some reduced effects and enjoy smoother comeups etc as the fest goes on.

edit: BTW SWIMming is strictly prohibited at bluelight, everyone knows it's you :) Welcome to the forum

Doc on day 3...... Best festival drug on Earth. Energy and visuals. Cut through any benzo and lsd tolerance seems to have Little effect on it.

100% agree, DOC is the best endgame festival drug. You will just be feeling DOC even if beforehand you were feeling like a mush-head zombie. At my first music festival I had taken methylone and MDMA the first night, plus lots of alcohol and nitrous and MXE, then MDMA and LSD plus MXE and nitrous and alcohol, blacked out a bit after nitrous and fell into some shit and smashed the stove and my scale, and the third morning I woke up feeling like I wasn't really alive, it was weird, I couldn't think of words to say, I was just following my friends around blankly and trying to lay down whenever I could. I decided to take DOC, I took 3mg and when it hit and for the rest of the day and night I felt amazing, it cut through all the tolerance and hangover stuff. I went easier on the alcohol that night and woke up the next morning feeling better than the first morning... then once I got home I crashed pretty hard emotionally. It was also my first festival and it was a wonderful, glowing experience and I was experience festival culture shock on re-entry to the "normal" world.

" and I was experience festival culture shock on re-entry to the "normal" world."

Yep getting home is always odd after a festival, It feels totally alien.

I find that after many years of festivals, at some point, that culture shock goes away and it becomes totally smooth "re-integrating", even after a major festival like burning man. Still, it always re-kindles a lovely little fire to get away and do the festies. I just remember how it used to be mind-boggling to go back, now it's more like coming home after going out for a walk.