• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

3-CMC (3-Chloromethcathinone) Harm Reduction & Damage Limitation

The_Nihilist

Greenlighter
The main thing that’s stopping me from bingeing on 3-CMC again is the painfully sore ulcerated mouth that I get afterwards. It lasts days, affects my speech & a lidocaine spray or sucking on a co-codamol tablet provides little relief. I can just about handle the damage to my mental health & can recover quickly with breathwork, lots of 5-HTP & Wim Hof freezing cold showers. But the mouth thing is just unbearable.

I insufflate the 3-cmc, & rub it on my gums. So, I’m not sure that this on its own causing the ulcers & lesions or if it’s a chemical reaction with the Oxymetazoline nasal spray that I use to flush out my nostrils when they get all gummed up; or is caused by the fact that the 3-cmc makes it difficult to swallow? Or even the 5-HTP that I suck when I’m bingeing?My mouth does become very dry when I’m bingeing, so maybe swill some water or soda frequently?

I was just wondering if there was something I could do to mitigate the effects – coating my mouth in Vaseline or a steroid cream, or sucking on antacid to reduce the acidity in my mouth? Chew gum? There must be something I can do to lessen the damage & harm, or something I can do differently or better? Help please!

You really need to quit using that nose spray, if you want to flush your nose get some saline spray.

The main thing that’s stopping me from bingeing on 3-CMC again is the painfully sore ulcerated mouth that I get afterwards. It lasts days, affects my speech & a lidocaine spray or sucking on a co-codamol tablet provides little relief. I can just about handle the damage to my mental health & can recover quickly with breathwork, lots of 5-HTP & Wim Hof freezing cold showers. But the mouth thing is just unbearable.

I insufflate the 3-cmc, & rub it on my gums. So, I’m not sure that this on its own causing the ulcers & lesions or if it’s a chemical reaction with the Oxymetazoline nasal spray that I use to flush out my nostrils when they get all gummed up; or is caused by the fact that the 3-cmc makes it difficult to swallow? Or even the 5-HTP that I suck when I’m bingeing?My mouth does become very dry when I’m bingeing, so maybe swill some water or soda frequently?

I was just wondering if there was something I could do to mitigate the effects – coating my mouth in Vaseline or a steroid cream, or sucking on antacid to reduce the acidity in my mouth? Chew gum? There must be something I can do to lessen the damage & harm, or something I can do differently or better? Help please!
You're sucking your tongue against your teeth.

A pressure sore develops where part of your tongue slips between gaps in your teeth. I am intimately aware of the situation due to dental fixtures, and a slight affectation.

It's an affectation that is part of what is called gurning along with bruxism.

Gurning is tongue sucking/tongue-thrusting and bruxism.

A pacifier (a baby's dummy) works. Possibly a sports mouth guard.

If you don't want hardware in your mouth, you could try sucking on a ring pop, or multiple moderators have identified that magnesium supplementation ameliorates gurning. It's likely it would also help with tongue sucking.