• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

3,4-Methylenedioxycathinone aka βk-MDA small and trendy thread

Pastel

Bluelighter
You cannot step into the same river twice, but I always wanted something similar to Methylone, if only a longer lasting version without a five hour overstimulated comedown.
Be careful what you wish for - its MDA brethren βk-MDA is now available from reputable Clearnet vendors. Before I give in to my demons and throw away another two hundred dollars just to try something once - has anyone here already experimented with it? I couldn't find a single user experience online and Wikipedia as of yet is not of much help:

3,4-Methylenedioxycathinone (also known as MDC, Nitrilone, Amylone and βk-MDA) is an empathogen and stimulant of the phenethylamine, amphetamine, and cathinone classes[1][2] and the β-keto analogue of MDA.
Methylenedioxycathinone has been investigated as antidepressant and antiparkinson agent."

What do you guys think?

So it is one of the phase 1 metabolites of Methylone and occurs during initial Methylone peak which sounds somewhat promising though I would have preferred a Mythylone prodrug :

"Plasma specimens were assayed by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry to quantify methylone and its phase I metabolites: 3,4-methylenedioxycathinone (MDC), 3,4-dihydroxy-N-methylcathinone (HHMC), and 4-hydroxy-3-methoxy-N-methylcathinone (HMMC). The biological activity of methylone and its metabolites was then compared using in vitro transporter assays and in vivo microdialysis in rat nucleus accumbens. For the PK study, we found that methylone and MDC peaked early (Tmax=15-45 min) and were short lived (t1/2=60-90 min), while HHMC and HMMC peaked later (Tmax=60-120 min) and persisted (t1/2=120-180 min). Area-under-the-curve values for methylone and MDC were greater than dose-proportional, suggesting non-linear accumulation. Methylone produced significant locomotor activation, which was correlated with plasma methylone, MDC, and HHMC concentrations."

Apparently, bk-MDA belongs to a class of chemicals which are not very stable. Somebody attributed this statement to Shulgin himself.

"All cathinones that have primary amines are unstable and tend to create dimers."