• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

⫸STICKY⫷ 3,4-methylenedioxy-N&PD SOCIAL THREAD v. 1

That is the best toxicology joke ive ever heard. That is also the worst toxicology joke I've ever heard %)

ha, yeah, nerd jokes tend to be like that.

To toastman: Caffeine is so safe we don't even bat an eyelash when little kids get spun half way to the moon on it, why fuzz with perfection?

fair enough, but people say the same sort of thing regarding a lot of the classics vs their respective RC analogs... it's just fun and interesting to taste new stuff. classic dilemma there, i guess ("don't mess w/ success" vs "well, maybe this could be better...").

qZ2ndgW.jpg

maybe for the same reason that 2C-H isn't active? Fluorine can act more like Hydrogen than like a halogen, i believe.

those pesky neutron stars amirite?

How does that work? Stars that only consist of neutrons? And there's enough of those stars to make their number bigger than the total number of atoms, even counting those in non-neutrino stars? That sounds so far-fetched it must be true. ;]

But really?

Yeah I was aware it was a joke image, though yea if there were more neutron stars that there were atoms then it would be correct.

Haha, Transform's reply got me. Nice one though. As long as it sounds deep enough, most people will simply believe it without questioning. =)

Just had a nice read through this thread. Love the jokes!

I'm not very versed in chemistry/pharmacology like others here, though I really love it. I study it as more of a hobby... would be my main focus if music wasn't my passion. Sound design is fascinating! The science of sound, then I get to make it into art! Though I'd say science is art too on a base level.

Anyways, just wanted to chime in here. I really enjoy reading this forum.

It just hit me, amineptine is in fact the most phallic drug molecular I've seen yet:
Amineptine3Dan.gif

Too bad it isn't a PDE5 inhibitor =D

i see it was already shared on this page, but its worth resharing. and embedded this time instead of linked.

ld50.png

We are quite the social bunch aren't we?
How's the new year been so far for every bodies continued education in the subject? I've been slacking and falling back into my week long binges on wars and cultures of antiquity instead of science... Read a lot if the 16 Great Turkic Empires this week.